Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Poltergrift posted:

Maybe Aizawa can only erase one Quirk at a time. OfA breaks a lot of the known rules about how these powers work.

No, Aizawa disabled multiple Quirks during the villain attack at USJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poltergrift posted:

Maybe Aizawa can only erase one Quirk at a time. OfA breaks a lot of the known rules about how these powers work.

Well, let's see. What quirks did that first Noumu have again? Was there anything it kept using after he shut it down? If not, then he just cancels everything in the person he looks at, which is what I'd assume anyway since the targets the "quirk factor" or whatever.

Edit: Also, the above, of course.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Roland Jones posted:

Well, let's see. What quirks did that first Noumu have again? Was there anything it kept using after he shut it down? If not, then he just cancels everything in the person he looks at, which is what I'd assume anyway since the targets the "quirk factor" or whatever.

Shock Absorption and Regeneration. The latter didn't come up at all until it got froze by Todoroki and the former never had a chance to be relevant since Aizawa got pasted immediately afterwards.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I feel Noumu, or at least the higher tier ones, get a free pass on most quirk related things we know. They are genetically modified beings so even though they have quirks, the way they use/activate them might be different. In the same way AFO could forcefully activate the quirk of a passed out person.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i figured afo's forcible quirk activation was, itself, a quirk

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Same, though it is true we never actually saw him steal a Quirk so we don't know what that looks like.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

I wouldn't put Toga as an "even" there. She's scrapped with Aizawa and at least held her own, she's got ninja moves to disappear if you look away for a second, and she managed to take on Tsu and Uraraka at once without using her powers.

Toga's basically a prodigy at murder and murder related activities, even ignoring her quirk.

Are the ninja moves just a "mundane" thing, or are they some weird extension of her shapeshifting quirk?

Anyway yeah, Toga's basically a super-genius whose only really motivated to apply herself to murdering her crushes, or stuff she thinks will help her with murdering.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

AfO activating the magnetism quirk and smashing the League of Villains straight into Toga was extremely funny.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He may be an ancient evil, but you can't say he doesn't appreciate good slapstick.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Are the ninja moves just a "mundane" thing, or are they some weird extension of her shapeshifting quirk?

Yeah, Toga's ninja moves are Rule-of-Cool "mundane" moves that are on the same tier as Endeavor's "survive getting used as a wrecking ball against a building" durability and Aizawa's speed.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Anyway yeah, Toga's basically a super-genius whose only really motivated to apply herself to murdering her crushes, or stuff she thinks will help her with murdering.

There's some speculation that she's some kind of rogue assassin, since she mentioned during the Provisional Exam that she was trained to maintain her invisible form.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

MonsterEnvy posted:

This may not be entirely true. Toga concept notes says she can use the quirk of whoever she is transformed into. While she has yet to do this in the actual story, she has yet to actually need to.

There's also the possibility that Horikoshi decided to not have Toga be able to copy quirks for the actual series.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Yeah, Toga's ninja moves are Rule-of-Cool "mundane" moves that are on the same tier as Endeavor's "survive getting used as a wrecking ball against a building" durability and Aizawa's speed.

It's interesting that, with all that stuff, Shigaraki's physical ability is specifically called out IC as extraordinary as far as (presumably) not having a quirk to help there goes. I wonder if that's meant to be meaningful, or if it was just "holy crap he's fast for a weird manchild".

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

There's some speculation that she's some kind of rogue assassin, since she mentioned during the Provisional Exam that she was trained to maintain her invisible form.

I never thought about it but that does kind of fit.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

It's interesting that, with all that stuff, Shigaraki's physical ability is specifically called out IC as extraordinary as far as (presumably) not having a quirk to help there goes. I wonder if that's meant to be meaningful, or if it was just "holy crap he's fast for a weird manchild".

probably a way to explain "everyone knows youre dead if he touches you so how come people keep letting him touch them"

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Shigaraki is the best toucher out there. No one's better at touching.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I mean, lets be honest, this is still anime. Being a normal human means that he can only hit about mach one and survive getting hit with a max of 6 semi trucks at once.

Stain had one of the lamest powers ever, but he still did physically impossible poo poo like bounce off walls, flip around with out losing his sense of balance, and took a hit to the face that should have caved in his skull and made several nearby buildings explode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Viridiant posted:

Maybe Mineta.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Roland Jones posted:

He has *teleports behind u*-level speed, there's definitely something going on there. He runs to Tsuyu so fast that neither her nor Midoriya can move before he facepalms her. Either AFO gave him a generic Strength/Speed boosting Quirk, or his Quirk has unique properties. He never did get a proper Quirk explanation sidebar.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SpacePig posted:

Maybe Mineta.

Wanting to touch does not necessarily make one good at touching.

Shigaraki though, that guy can touch, you really gotta hand it to him haha hee haw hoo wee

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Wanting to touch does not necessarily make one good at touching.

Shigaraki though, that guy can touch, you really gotta hand it to him haha hee haw hoo wee

Mineta can still touch the one thing Shigaraki never can: himself.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Viridiant posted:

Uraraka tries very hard!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

if shigaraki is doing some bullshit like rusting away the space between himself and where he wants to go i'll mark the gently caress OUT

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Korean spoiler scans.

BAH GAWD THAT'S DABI'S MUSIC!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/190/5214/1?mobile=1

Chapter’s up, let’s see who in this thread will have egg on their face

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Endeavor doing All Might’s pose a totally original move to show he was alright was so good. But now they have Dabi to deal with so who knows how the hell this plays out now!

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 12, 2018

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I got one thing right, at least.

SpacePig posted:

Hawks will be fine and we'll all learn a lesson about the importance of proper eye protection.

Good, quick chapter. Setting up some possibly exciting stuff.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Carlosologist posted:

Endeavor doing All Might’s pose a totally original move to show he was alright was so good. But now they have Dabi to deal with so who knows how the hell this plays out now!

I'm glad I already read the chapter before I saw your post. Spoiler tag your poo poo, yo.

Edit:
That said, yeah, Endeavor's "no his pose was the other hand" was great cause 1) of course he's obsessed over All Might enough to know which arm he always used for the pose and 2) of course he would point that out. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of mileage he's going to be able to get out of emulating All Might. He's already been told he should forge his own path.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 12, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

rooting for Dabi here.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So the ideas I've seen bounced around are

1. Dabi is going to use the Quirk Eraser bullet here. Personally, I'd feel it'd be too soon for that, but it's certainly an option.
2. Round 2

At the very least we can finally put the loving discussion to bed by next chapter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I like that this manga is seemingly returning to its breakneck pacing after how long the Overhaul arc took. Even the School Festival arc took its time, whereas it's looking like this arc might wrap in a few more chapters.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of mileage he's going to be able to get out of emulating All Might. He's already been told he should forge his own path.

Endeavor emulating All Might in a very public battle and then immediately getting cheesed by a member of the LoV would be a major step forward for their goals and establish them as a very serious problem for Japanese society, as well as show quite clearly how the whole "Symbol of Peace" idea isn't really workable for anyone other than All Might.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endeavor might die here. And then all hell will break loose.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope he dies

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

assuming dabi is endeavor's kid, endeavor getting depowered/killed by dabi right now would be perfect

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy poo poo!
I'm on team don't die Endeavor, but things are NOT looking up for him right now.
I guess because of the chaos more pro heroes can be on their way. We just got done introducing a bunch of them. So here's hoping for Washi washi?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

if Dabi is Endeavor's kid, then wouldn't here, with everyone watching right after this big take down, be the best time to pull the rug on him and reveal his misdeeds

honestly even if he isn't I expect that to happen at some point. The #1 hero's skeletons can't stay hidden forever.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Wash suddenly grabs Dabi from behind and stuffs him into his front-loader, snuffing out his flames until the police arrive.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Frankly, I'm under the impression that this whole todo is trying to signify that there can't be a singular "All Might" figure anymore (and certinly not one that's been up to some poo poo like Endevour)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this would be the perfect opportunity to use the quirk erasing bullets for the league. hitting endeavor, the number one hero, right after he declares victory over an extremely tough opponent? it'd be all might all over again and likely a way more punishing fate for endeavor specifically than just killing him. horikoshi'd also get to keep him around for later to continue his character arc with todoroki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hmm, clicking on the link is just giving me a "Disallowed Key Characters." text on a white screen

did i get caught up in some blanket ban?