Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What figure is that?

And yeah, that's how he was presented in the old digivolving toy- pure blank white eyes

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

What figure is that?

And yeah, that's how he was presented in the old digivolving toy- pure blank white eyes

Is from the Digivolving Spirits one.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
On one hand

That's infinitely better than the old one

On the other, man I prefer Angemon's design

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The stated goal of the Super Evolving Spirits is to be able to recreate the line up from the end of the series.

So that means everyone at their highest evolved firm.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm surprised it goes as far as keeping the blindfold though, seeing how that's something that you see for half a second during the HolyAngemon evolution scene, then the helmet is created over it. That's some attention to detail.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'll give the Digimon toy designers one thing, they have gotten very good at making shellformers.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So we've finally come to real digimon games being slated for PC.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/habumon/status/1023978474455724032

Habu just made a comparison between Adventure 01 and Digimon Survive to show how dark Survive is

If Adventure 01 is Two Years' Vacation (a child-friendly book about kids going on adventures)

Then Digimon Survive is Lord of the Flies

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, Adventure isn't exactly the darkest part of the franchise so that isn't as shocking as he may want to make it sound. A better comparison would be with the more adult-oriented parts of the franchise, such as Habu's own videogames, or even Tamers.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well, Adventure isn't exactly the darkest part of the franchise so that isn't as shocking as he may want to make it sound. A better comparison would be with the more adult-oriented parts of the franchise, such as Habu's own videogames, or even Tamers.

I think Adventure is used as the comparison here because if you look at the survive Preview stuff, the plot seems to be that the protagonist is trapped in the Digital World and seeking a way out. Which I would put forward, despite being the premise of a tonne of Digimon games and the plot of Adventure... is never actually been the 'plot' of many Digimon games. Yeah in World 1, you're transported into the Digital World, but getting home is like goal... 8? After fixing up the town and such.

So I think the Adventure comparison is based on "This is a similar plot to adventure"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm definitely getting Devil Survivor vibes from this. Can't wait to play.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
And you quickly make a gang of digimon to fight off the big monsters that see you as easy prey. I wonder if it'll actually go there by making a resident Joe Kiddo stand-in be eaten/de-rezzed by a digimon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Important reminder:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1026153374788542466

Exclusive Digi for a Chinese Game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1026471293284241410
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1026471299420434433
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1026471307649732610
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1026471312552808449

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't wait until the blue Digimon are shown against a background that isn't blue, on bad phone-quality images, making them much harder to properly see than they should be.

Like, it's fine for the first two, but I can't make sense out of Cryspaledramon's design.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Looks like blue WarGreymon to me.

Not a huge fan of how the champion stage is just the rookie stage but bigger.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Leraika posted:

Looks like blue WarGreymon to me.

Not a huge fan of how the champion stage is just the rookie stage but bigger.

They've done that a lot lately and it saddens me. Hackmon's line honestly bores me to tears.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

So now we have a Paildramon and a Paledramon.

Yeah, it's boring when they design a new Digimon line and just make... a Pokemon line. It's okay to keep a common theme but they really need to spice them up a bit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I much prefer when it starts as a Pokemon and turns into that Pokemon as a furry.

Wait poo poo that's Pokemon too.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

I much prefer when it starts as a Pokemon and turns into that Pokemon as a furry.

Wait poo poo that's Pokemon too.

digimon turns them into a knight more than a furry

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Most high level digimon are tokusatsu heroes who happen to have a pokemon theme.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Most high level Digimon nowadays are robot knights completely made of spikes and blades

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rafflessimon, Rasielmon, Raguelmon, Bryweludramon, Volcanicdramon, VoltoBautamon, BlitzGreymon, Ordinemon, Volcanicdramon, and GraceNovamon vs. CresGarurumon, Durandamon, Omegamon Alter-S, Merciful Mode, Craniummon X, Jesmon X, and Sleipmon X

The "robot knights" are more outnumbered by the alternative.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Duranduranmon, gabumons alt digivolution

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Come on, Gracenovamon is totally a robot knight thing. BlitzGreymon too, kinda.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

BlitzGreymon’s entire concept is WarGreymon by way of MetalGarurumon. He can’t be anything other than what he is, and is as much a “robot knight” as HiAndromon or MetalMamemon.

GraceNovamon is an SMT creature combined with Marvel’s Captain Universe.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Most high level Digimon nowadays are robot knights completely made of spikes and blades

Have they made an angel that is guns yet? Like cannon barrel wings and bandoleers around its chest?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crabtree posted:

Have they made an angel that is guns yet? Like cannon barrel wings and bandoleers around its chest?

Yugioh had a dragon made out of bullets, does that count

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

Yugioh had a dragon made out of bullets, does that count

Several, even.

There is a cowboy Satan digimon with laser gun fingers and revolvers for legs. And Deputymon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bayonetto

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

Several, even.

There is a cowboy Satan digimon with laser gun fingers and revolvers for legs. And Deputymon.

man anyone who says pokemon is better than digimon can eat my whole rear end.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Proper art for Ragnalordmon

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I'm working on a digimon rpg because I'm exacting nerd who can't stand "good enough". If any of y'all want to make suggestions, leave me some comments?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WltGHmPKQE6rSvTzslVEO7-f7CMr4ePGDZbzWna6lQw/edit?usp=drivesdk

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Storygame with tactical combat" feels like a bit of an oxymoron, first off.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I get that, the idea was that it'd be two modes and you'd advance in one to make progress in the other.

EDIT:
Basically humans would be the storygame part while your Digimon would be the tactical combat.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Moriatti posted:

I get that, the idea was that it'd be two modes and you'd advance in one to make progress in the other.

EDIT:
Basically humans would be the storygame part while your Digimon would be the tactical combat.

You're describing Strike! basically which, while it has solid tactical combat, the fluffy bits feel honestly stapled on and unnecessary.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I had an in-progress PBTA hack with a similar idea, just with the serial numbers filed off. My Friends Are Monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Mister Olympus posted:

You're describing Strike! basically which, while it has solid tactical combat, the fluffy bits feel honestly stapled on and unnecessary.

Hahaha, yeah, this is kinda a response to Strike! in a way, namely I wanted to take a different approach to the roleplaying stuff as I was unsatisfied with how it connects for longer running games.

PMush Perfect posted:

I had an in-progress PBTA hack with a similar idea, just with the serial numbers filed off. My Friends Are Monsters.

Interesting, is it cool if I poach some of your playbook stuff?