Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

I ride bikes all day posted:

So weird. The store page has a bunch of 3rd person screenshots with obvious hexes on the ground. IGN is so poo poo tier, wouldn't surprise me if they were just flat wrong. Either way, it's clearly a "inspired by," not a digital recreation.

IGN article has updated, saying the early access version will be 1 player and there will be multiplayer added later. Sounds like it will begin with random dungeons and they play to add the campaign later.

"The plan is to eventually build out the whole campaign over the course of its development as it will initially launch in Steam Early Access. Asmodee says they are looking forward to using the Early Access period to get feedback and ideas of what exactly players want to see brought over from the physical game."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Woohoo, first unlock tonight, after ~13 scenarios: Music Note.

I think my party is screwed. Replacing my Mindthief with a support class is gonna be rough. We're running Spellweaver, Soothsinger, and Tinkerer. I'm reasonably sure my MT represented 50% of the party's ability to do damage.
Going from Augments to Songs won't take any getting used to, at least. Also god drat that experience gain for this class. She must level faster than anything else in the game.

Now to go reread the thread and find all those spoilers I can finally look at.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
are there any other missions that are poorly balanced like arcane library? it's the only one we had failed, my group is giving it another go soon like 8 scenarios later

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Thursday Next posted:

:yeah:

The only time I ask for a bit more precision from my fellow players is when I'm the Sun class. Since she depends so heavily on being next to other characters, and she has such a dang middling initiative generally... I let people know "hey, I am going midrange-early before 40, and I'm planning to be here. If you want a bless or an extra attack, stand near this area and I'll make it happen."

Sun doesn't remotely rely on ally adjacency. It's entirely possible to run it without ever giving any fucks. And hella fun.

E: I either gave up or retired my Sun last night. Onto Angry Guy, which I'm supremely looking forward to.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 3, 2018

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

thespaceinvader posted:

Sun doesn't remotely rely on ally adjacency. It's entirely possible to run it without ever giving any fucks. And hella fun.

E: I either gave up or retired my Sun last night. Onto Angry Guy, which I'm supremely looking forward to.

Angry Face is a loving boss. Most fun I've had with any of my 3 characters so far by a mile.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tendales posted:

Asmodee Digital
:ughh:

I mean... On the on hand they have the experience and resources to pull this off. OTOH, Asmodeus :(

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Relin posted:

are there any other missions that are poorly balanced like arcane library? it's the only one we had failed, my group is giving it another go soon like 8 scenarios later

Play Scenario 72 Oozing Grove, then laugh at the fact you thought arcane library was poorly balanced

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I can't work out how much of the challenge of 72 is from poor balance and how much is from straight up difficulty.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Enthusiasm murdered

Damnnn, for real! That would've let us play during the week wayyyy easier

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I can't work out how much of the challenge of 72 is from poor balance and how much is from straight up difficulty.

A lot of the challenge is that there are no doors and everything is set up immediately, so there's plenty of time for slimes to divide.

That's poor design.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The real problem is the difficulty varies a lot based on what the monsters do - if the slimes just attack and let you kill them, it's pretty straightforward, if they split themselves to death and only rarely attack it's pretty straightforward, if they split up to the standee limit and then attack a whole bunch it becomes balls-hard.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I found it's a lot about what the Imps do in particular. If the Master Imps manage to get the loving double attack double curse off more than once you're completely screwed because you can't rely on your big damage attacks to crush the trees. We literally only managed to win when the Oozes failed to split until their last card and the Imps literally never attacked.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

I ride bikes all day posted:

Woohoo, first unlock tonight, after ~13 scenarios: Music Note.

I think my party is screwed. Replacing my Mindthief with a support class is gonna be rough. We're running Spellweaver, Soothsinger, and Tinkerer. I'm reasonably sure my MT represented 50% of the party's ability to do damage.
Going from Augments to Songs won't take any getting used to, at least. Also god drat that experience gain for this class. She must level faster than anything else in the game.

Now to go reread the thread and find all those spoilers I can finally look at.

Music Note: The XP gains are insanely fast, you can get 25-30 per scenario that you win. Also, look closely at the perks/modifier deck. You can make her into an insane damage dealer with some simple equipment choices. Two of my party members (Cragheart and 3 Spears) are apparently afraid to get their dainty hands dirty, so I usually end up saying Hold My Beer as I rush in and smack some fools.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Big McHuge posted:

Music Note: The XP gains are insanely fast, you can get 25-30 per scenario that you win. Also, look closely at the perks/modifier deck. You can make her into an insane damage dealer with some simple equipment choices. Two of my party members (Cragheart and 3 Spears) are apparently afraid to get their dainty hands dirty, so I usually end up saying Hold My Beer as I rush in and smack some fools.

Yeah, this class has really good options and some very difficult leveling choices, looks like. We're at prosperity 2 and I'm already getting a bit wrecked trying to choose my level 2 card. I haven't gotten my personal quest yet, but I'm hoping I get something I can slow roll. I want to get this guy to level 9, no doubt.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Level 2 is definitely that hardest choice for that class. My group allows for respeccing within reason, so I gave both cards a choice, but I ended up settling on Soothing Lullaby pretty fast. Being able to remove poison and wound from the entire party once a round is really helpful on any scenario where those are an issue, and the low-initiative heal on the bottom us pretty handy as well. High movement with crap initiative isn't really all that useful for the Soothsinger, since all your good top actions are either songs or have really middling initiatives, and you get an insanely good move action at level 5, anyhow. Change Tempo might be a better choice depending on party composition, but I was rolling with a lot of melee tanks and summons, so the immobilize didn't do much, and we got a lot of healing per turn out of the healing song.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

thespaceinvader posted:

I found it's a lot about what the Imps do in particular. If the Master Imps manage to get the loving double attack double curse off more than once you're completely screwed because you can't rely on your big damage attacks to crush the trees. We literally only managed to win when the Oozes failed to split until their last card and the Imps literally never attacked.

Interesting! Our lightning bolt burned a card on turn 1 to wipe basically all the imps, so we never ran into that at all.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Level 2 is definitely that hardest choice for that class. My group allows for respeccing within reason, so I gave both cards a choice, but I ended up settling on Soothing Lullaby pretty fast. Being able to remove poison and wound from the entire party once a round is really helpful on any scenario where those are an issue, and the low-initiative heal on the bottom us pretty handy as well. High movement with crap initiative isn't really all that useful for the Soothsinger, since all your good top actions are either songs or have really middling initiatives, and you get an insanely good move action at level 5, anyhow. Change Tempo might be a better choice depending on party composition, but I was rolling with a lot of melee tanks and summons, so the immobilize didn't do much, and we got a lot of healing per turn out of the healing song.

Spellweaver/Tinkerer/Music Note for us. As you can imagine, the SW is loving nuts over the +1 range song. I can see the immobilize being great for us, but I can also see it becoming useless when someone retires into a melee class.

I drew exhaust 12 times for my retirement, so making this class last a while isn't going to be a problem.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

thespaceinvader posted:

I am aware that she doesn’t rely on it. However, many of her cards DO require ally adjacency. Of course you can play her and ignore those mechanics. I choose not to. I like being able to cause an adjacent ally to arrack again (two cards!), bless adjacent allies, move adjacent allies, give adjacent allies extra actions, and cause adjacent allies to get cards back.

The class likes to be near other allies. It’s a great way to play her. If that’s not your bag then whatever, but it’s pretty silly to say she “doesn’t remotely rely on” adjacency.

The Spellweaver doesn’t remotely rely on adjacency. Same as mind thief, or cragheart, or tinkerer, etc. But Sun has a greater than average number of cards that do best when she is next to her friends! She’s really fun, and I’m glad you liked her even if you didn’t see the use of those cards.

I love Sun. She’s my favorite so far for sure.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Thursday Next posted:

I am aware that she doesn’t rely on it. However, many of her cards DO require ally adjacency. Of course you can play her and ignore those mechanics. I choose not to. I like being able to cause an adjacent ally to arrack again (two cards!), bless adjacent allies, move adjacent allies, give adjacent allies extra actions, and cause adjacent allies to get cards back.

The class likes to be near other allies. It’s a great way to play her. If that’s not your bag then whatever, but it’s pretty silly to say she “doesn’t remotely rely on” adjacency.

The Spellweaver doesn’t remotely rely on adjacency. Same as mind thief, or cragheart, or tinkerer, etc. But Sun has a greater than average number of cards that do best when she is next to her friends! She’s really fun, and I’m glad you liked her even if you didn’t see the use of those cards.

I love Sun. She’s my favorite so far for sure.

Sun most of the move-allies cards don't require adjacency, just to confirm. Sun definitely has a lot of adjacency stuff, but trying to get them to work on more of an opportunity basis never worked for me, and it has more than enough big moves, decent attacks, and non-attack tops that don't need adjacency to never need to use an adjacency card unless you're immobilised. The opposite sides of them are usually better, or the cards are just overall worse than the other options at that level. Here's a quick once-over of the Sun support cards:
- Empowering Command: both sides need adjacency, and both are good, I'll give you that, though you can move before the top.
- Lay On Hands: only worth bringing if you need Loot to win the scenario, the heal effect is neat but you can move before you use it
- Brilliant Prayer: double loss that only works after some time has passed. Ew. If you have to use it for a generic effect even once, you've probably wasted that hand slot
- Tactical Order: (I'm including this because it affects allies) doesn't require adjacency, and move 4 is better for yourself most of the time.
- Protective Blessing: affects you as well, and useful even just for you, if you bring it, but it's got no attack on the top and no move on the bottom, it's of questionable value.
- Purifying Aura: fairly crappy top, and bottom can be ranged if you use light, which you should
- Daybreak: you get to move first anyway
- Unwavering Mandate: it's an OK effect, for sure, but it's expensive, that ally's turn had better be amazing - and as a top action, you can move first. But... why on earth aren't you taking Practical Plans? You need all the big moves you can get, and attack 5 at level 2 is nothing to sniff at either.
- Mobilising Axiom is great, but the top is the good bit, and the bottom is ranged.
- Righteous Strength: good, especially as a first-turn buff when you're planning on putting the shields up, but otherwise, WAY better used for its bottom most of the time.
- Path of Glory: you get to move, so adjacency is less important.
- Illuminate the Target: the Strengthen is a bonus for the top, not the important part. The bottom is nice, if you can pull it off, but without a melee ally it's going to be a STRUGGLE. Worth taking nonetheless, but I used the bottom of it maybe once in my whole playthrough, including with one of the best allies for the job.
- Supportive Chant: useless in the wrong party, and doesn't require adjacency
- Bright Aegis: you want this to stay for as long as you can; the init and the top effect are way too good to waste. The bottom is a nice effect if you can pull it off, but you thrive on two things: getting out before the monsters, and getting shield.
- Inspiring Sanctity: Double loss, ew. But the bottom doesn't require adjacency, and the top you can move first, so adjacency is a lot easier to come by. But Cleansing Force is Just Better.
- Divine Intervention: doesn't require adjacency.

So, of all the support cards that aren;t basic ranged heals, the only ones that you can't use without adjacency and without moving first and are actually worth taking at all are Empowering Command and Illuminate the Target. Maybe Righteous Strength, too. In short, going for the 'buff adjacent allies' build is taking a voluntary handicap, especially because some of those choices eat some of your best movement cards for not-movement which is PAINFUL. It's possible to make it work with the right allies, but it's never going to be as easy, or as good, as focusing more on shields, attacks, and movement, and using the buff powers only when the opportunity arises.

Obviously, the above is all my biased opinion, and I think in the right party the support build could be HILARIOUS, in particular, with a party that can make tonnes of summons and/or multitarget attacks, and using Supportive Chant to its fullest, but mostly, it just feels like a worse option than the 'main' build. A lot of classes seem to have this.

But I'd 100% agree that Sun has been my favourite so far.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
FWIW with Sun I use a handful of the adjacency cards - Empowering Command to give someone three cards back is great for allowing other people to actually use their big loss attacks without running out of cards early - and being able to play it every time you go through your rest cycle really adds up. I did replace it with Bright Aegis once I got there though. You take Daybreak when there's going to be shadow to consume, but the bottom is nice to get a little extra when you only need a short move. Righteous Strength you take for the bottom action, but the top is honestly pretty good on turn 1 if the enemies are too far away to give you a good opening attack.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

My group beat this stupid game's final boss. It was a great and fun run, but I am a little bit sick of it by now. My Cragheart managed to deal 80 damage with one attack, and of this I am proud.
Final fight spoilers:
It definitely feels like a final boss in challenge, but it's the most boring of the last 4 bosses. It just hits like a truck. Also, lol at 224 hitpoints at level 7 - we almost ran out of dice for it. Our part of Berseker, Cragheart, Soothsinger and Elementalist still wiped the floor with Gloom on first try. My Cragheart spent 4 turns being stunned, and Soothsinger was not build for direct combat... yet the other players carried us anyway. Most importantly I stole the chest, the boss coin, and killed two allies with Brutal Destruction bottom on the last turn. :P

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

pokie posted:

My group beat this stupid game's final boss. It was a great and fun run, but I am a little bit sick of it by now. My Cragheart managed to deal 80 damage with one attack, and of this I am proud.
Final fight spoilers:
It definitely feels like a final boss in challenge, but it's the most boring of the last 4 bosses. It just hits like a truck. Also, lol at 224 hitpoints at level 7 - we almost ran out of dice for it. Our part of Berseker, Cragheart, Soothsinger and Elementalist still wiped the floor with Gloom on first try. My Cragheart spent 4 turns being stunned, and Soothsinger was not build for direct combat... yet the other players carried us anyway. Most importantly I stole the chest, the boss coin, and killed two allies with Brutal Destruction bottom on the last turn. :P

At least we got progression towards the watch players fatigue personal quest for that one.

Also... the first mission is a lot easier when just one person knows what they are doing and there are some enhancements on a few of the starter cards.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
We did our first four-player scenario over the weekend, my wife and I brought in two friends so the group was Me Brute, Wife Mindthief, Friend #1 tinkerer, Friend #2 spellweaver.

We did scenario #4 with the difficulty turned down to Easy and it went well -- again, the biggest hurdle was explaining initiative, oddly, but once the cards were all down everyone got it pretty fast; each session seems to be moving faster than the last. All in All going down to Easy was probably a mistake but I was worried it'd be too hard if we stayed on normal given two new players with level 1's and two players with level 2's.

The star was the Tinkerer who managed to brutally slay both Earth Elementals on his own via trap in the doorway and some well-rolled AOE's

Now we have to decide which branch to chase next.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 6, 2018

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Meatbag Esq. posted:

At least we got progression towards the watch players fatigue personal quest for that one.

Also... the first mission is a lot easier when just one person knows what they are doing and there are some enhancements on a few of the starter cards.

How did it go? Is anyone playing as rock monster again? 7 hex curse seems like a major advantage for a level 1 party.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
I think in the first two scenarios it was used like twice. They live an hour away though so they logged their characters in case they buy the game themselves. The group next weekend is more local so it’ll be interesting to see if they get hooked too. I was on stabrat and knowing how to abuse invisibility and the in/out stab pattern made a big difference though I did totally gently caress up turn 1 of scenario 2. (I tried to stun 2 guys but I forgot to move so instead I did nothing).

Introducing them to the game went really smooth btw. I had everyone pick a character from the class descriptions, then set up room 1. I explained the basic turn structure and had everyone pick 2 cards randomly and went through a sample turn where the cragheart got hilariously slaughtered. Then we reset, I took a moment to explain what all the cards do, and then we got too it. Being able to gloss over monster movement saved a lot of time.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

We did our first four-player scenario over the weekend, my wife and I brought in two friends so the group was Me Brute, Wife Mindthief, Friend #1 tinkerer, Friend #2 spellweaver.

We did scenario #4 with the difficulty turned down to Easy and it went well -- again, the biggest hurdle was explaining initiative, oddly, but once the cards were all down everyone got it pretty fast; each session seems to be moving faster than the last. All in All going down to Easy was probably a mistake but I was worried it'd be too hard if we stayed on normal given two new players with level 1's and two players with level 2's.

We found running on Easy for the first 3-5 scenarios makes sense, waiting until everyone has some play experience and has gotten enough cash to purchase another item or two past the starting equipment. It's also a good way to get people hooked.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
We did a boss fight Scenario last night and pretty much wrecked its face with Cragheart 4, Brute 3, Scoundrel 3, and Spellweaver 2.

Has anyone else found that boss fights are often easier than they look at first glance? We were making GBS threads bricks when we saw the stats, but it wasn't near as bad as we expected.

Scenario 8. Inox Bodyguards. They had some scary moves but were slow as poo poo.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I played a couple scenarios with Saw and I'm just not feeling it. One of my other players just unlocked Lightning Bolts but decided to play Triforce instead, which we unlocked earlier. I think I'm gonna drop Saw and pick up LB because it looks rad as gently caress.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

Has anyone else found that boss fights are often easier than they look at first glance? We were making GBS threads bricks when we saw the stats, but it wasn't near as bad as we expected.
Helps that in a lot of cases you can just dump everything onto them since killing them wins the scenario.

Late campaign spoilers: Scenario #48 is rough in that regard because getting an opening to actually hurt the boss can be difficult.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

dwarf74 posted:

So far, bosses have been relatively easy for my group. I've been Scoundrel the whole game so far (almost level 8 now!) and if a scenario throws a single big enemy at us I can usually splatter it pretty good. I can't wait to fight another boss now that I have a level 7 card. Even from level 1, though, Scoundrel is fantastic at single-target damage (granted, a limited number of targets :v: )

I do miss having a Spellweaver for AoE, though :( That player retired into (spoiler for a class not being AoE I guess) Sun.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

dwarf74 posted:

We did a boss fight Scenario last night and pretty much wrecked its face with Cragheart 4, Brute 3, Scoundrel 3, and Spellweaver 2.

We're only four scenarios in but so far it feels like every scenario has tactical opportunities and if you figure out what those opportunities are, it's not that bad. We had a really hard time doing Scenario 3 and had to restart the scenario after a grueling failure, but then on replay realized that Inox move slow as poo poo and it was much much easier.

The only boss we've fought, Bandit Commander, wasn't so bad because we managed to execute a powerful combo on him (boots of striding / balanced measure). Gloomhaven seems to be somewhat like Descent in that large groups of small enemies are often much more deadly than single big targets, because you can rack up big numbers on a single attack with a little planning, but opportunities for heavy AoE damage are often harder to pull off.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 9, 2018

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Scenario 3 was the closest we got to utter loss after the first scenario where our Scoundrel thought he was a tank. After round 2 we went into "gonna lose, so get that xp while you can" mode but we won anyway.

We ended that one with my Cragheart the last one standing. Unfortunately we also hosed up a few rules - we messed up spawning, and I used a certain item to make a bad guy open a door. Neither of which was right, and both of which could have made the difference between victory and failure. (The spawning rule would have actually made it easier.) But we aren't gonna run it again.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 9, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The only boss we've fought, Bandit Commander, wasn't so bad because we managed to execute a powerful combo on him (boots of striding / balanced measure). Gloomhaven seems to be somewhat like Descent in that large groups of small enemies are often much more deadly than single big targets, because you can rack up big numbers on a single attack with a little planning, but opportunities for heavy AoE damage are often harder to pull off.

It depends a bit on class but this is what we've found too.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It depends a bit on class but this is what we've found too.

Depends on what you're playing. My favourite characters have been bulky meatheads that can shield + retaliate and murder a group of small fries by themselves.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

dwarf74 posted:

Scenario 8. Inox Bodyguards. They had some scary moves but were slow as poo poo.

That was actually the easiest boss fight we've encountered at this point, because unlike most bosses, the bodyguards are vulnerable to being stunned. I used my Mindthief to push one into the back room while the rest of my party fought the other, and I just kept stunning, pushing and immobilizing him while getting in a couple melee hits on the stun turns. He didn't land a single hit, and when my party had finished off his buddy, I pushed him back outside and he got ganked. It was definitely my Mindthief's most glorious boss battle, since they tend to be immune to her debuff shenanigans.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That was actually the easiest boss fight we've encountered at this point, because unlike most bosses, the bodyguards are vulnerable to being stunned. I used my Mindthief to push one into the back room while the rest of my party fought the other, and I just kept stunning, pushing and immobilizing him while getting in a couple melee hits on the stun turns. He didn't land a single hit, and when my party had finished off his buddy, I pushed him back outside and he got ganked. It was definitely my Mindthief's most glorious boss battle, since they tend to be immune to her debuff shenanigans.

Interesting. Our group took a different approach. We opened the door to the boss room then immediately backed up and kited them through the bookshelf maze while pelting them with ranged attacks and finally a couple solid stabs from my Mindthief and our Scoundrel. It was hilarious. They did no damage to us at all.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Are you sure? I was pretty sure they were only vulnerable to Immobilize and Wound. I immobilized them a few times, and it helped quite a bit.

Edit - unless Gloomhaven Helper is wrong, they are immune to stun, disarm, muddle, and poison. They can be cursed, wounded, and immobilized.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 9, 2018

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

Interesting. Our group took a different approach. We opened the door to the boss room then immediately backed up and kited them through the bookshelf maze while pelting them with ranged attacks and finally a couple solid stabs from my Mindthief and our Scoundrel. It was hilarious. They did no damage to us at all.
Oh uhm my Cragheart really trashed a lot of those obstacles.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
what's a fun gimmick three spears build, i just retired into him? we're prosperity 4 and i'm thinking of going heavy item recovery and ranged attacks with a volatile bomb and major stamina potion starting out

Relin fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Relin posted:

what's a fun gimmick three spears build, i just retired into him? we're prosperity 4 and i'm thinking of going heavy item recovery and ranged attacks with a volatile bomb and major stamina potion starting out

Do his personal quest, buy the rocket boots to go with volatile bomb + another hand item(I went with tower shield), eagle-eye goggles so you're at advantage on your multiple hit attacks and draw more cards, cloak of pockets to get major and minor stamina potion plus power potion and personal quest item plus idk heals and poo poo. Put a jump on some move 5 card which I forget which one it was. Run the card (I think it's a level 5) that lets you refresh a used non-consumable every turn so you get the boots/shield/goggles back often. Use perks to load up all the item refresh cards and thin your deck as much as possible. Congratulations, you are now Bakugo, King Explosion Murder.

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Aug 10, 2018