Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Hey to get away from the dunking on, beet leaves? Are they safe for bunnies?

Also woe is me. The only vet willing to put up with Harriet's shenanigan* at my local vet office moved to loving Nunavut. Now i have to take Harriet about 15km away.

*(by that i meant the only small animal vet there. Harriet is a sweetheart to the vets)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

No. You aren't.

Shakespeare was wrong. Brevity is the soul of oval office

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hey to get away from the dunking on, beet leaves? Are they safe for bunnies?
https://petsolino.com/can-rabbits-eat-beetroot-leaves/

https://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables-and-fruits-for-a-rabbit-diet/

The answer appears to be "yes, but rotate it out." There's a few more articles on it. Rabbit.org is always reliable, IDK about petsolino.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

Well I'm out. Sorry if my bunnies die due to how much you've pushed me away from this thread by being an ableist, patronizing dipshit. Consider quitting your dayjob of being an rear end in a top hat and doing something with your life instead
This is the third time you've pulled "if the rabbits die it's your fault" and nobody is buying it because this is something a child says during a tantrum. You are a truly pathetic little man.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is the third time you've pulled "if the rabbits die it's your fault" and nobody is buying it because this is something a child says during a tantrum. You are a truly pathetic little man.

You're actually taking me literally? lol. But get it through your thick loving skull that I might not take any of the good advice in this thread because you're an abusive bully who uses your laughable position of power and suspicious amount of free time (nice 48,000 posts, chap) to gaslight me and tell me to "seek help," something that I've already had to do in spades. Why do you think I wanted a dog? Why does my sister have six cats? Goddamn you are an insensitive rear end in a top hat.

I'm sorry if I was mean or abusive to anyone else in this thread because clearly you are the loving problem

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Yossarian-22 posted:

Thanks for that good faith advice btw. Everyone else, you're (mostly) all assholes and extremely unhelpful.

Again, I just want to emphasize that none of my googling and none of your posts suggested that there was absolutely no way to home bunnies and dogs together (just terriers). The one post that had anything to say about other dogs said that labradors were among the "better breeds." If the dichotomy between "good" and "bad" breeds was as problematic as you're all suggesting it is, then maybe one of you should have refuted that post instead of letting it skirt by unnoticed. Because prior to this onslaught, I had no earthly idea that anyone here or anywhere else viewed bunny/dog cohabitation as a non-starter.

What's pathetic is that you all think that you're helping convince me to rehome my dog by being assholes instead of linking me to any good resources on the matter. So convince me. I've put up with all your bullshit, and yet here I am, waiting for you to link me any resources suggesting that bunnies and dogs (perhaps specifically mini-poodles) are completely irreconcilable critters. If such resources exist let me at 'em, and I'll gladly rehome one or the other.

So far, I've trained my dog to stop whining in the vicinity of the enclosure (on leash) and tried to slowly introduce the animals to each other (on leash). However, I'm still keeping both in separate rooms, and the dog in the bedroom and living room. I take the dog outside via the back entrance (away from the bunnies) and in encounters thus far, the buns seem relatively unfrightened. If it's unworkable, my girlfriend's parents have taken care of the bunnies in the past and would happily care for them over the summer.

But I'm clearly on trial here, and you all assumed I was an irresponsible dimwit for a simple dog rental to acclimate ourselves to dog ownership and to test my allergies, such that it derailed the thread and none aside from Electric Bugaloo has actually tried to engage with me at all. Sorry that I don't dot all my i's and cross my the t's for the cult of bunnies thread, but I didn't exactly get my phd in animal cohabitation.

So far you have all taken turns bashing me and my girlfriend and yet I'M STILL loving HERE. Any honest advice or resources other than "gently caress you" and "don't home them" with minimal explanation on prey drive and how it's bad would be really loving great! Otherwise, I really am done with this poo poo.

If you all honestly want to prevent an internet anon's bunnies from dying, then hit me with your best shots. Please. It happens that I'm in the same boat here, what with giving a poo poo about cute furry creatures and all.

gently caress you

Yossarian-22 posted:

Electric Bugaloo actually gave a specific, reasonable response to me that went into the nuance of poodles being hunting dogs. I specifically then googled "mini poodles prey drive." I ignored the poodle forums and got this as my first result http://www.easypetmd.com/doginfo/miniature-poodle

I quote: "The Miniature Poodle is quite an even tempered breed overall. They get along with most other pets and have never really been bred for game or varmint hunting, so they are usually alright around small animals as they do not have a high “Prey Drive”

There's a huge scarcity of information, I don't have the best idea of how to research this and so admittedly I'm feeling a bit of pause about my poodle/bun situation. I genuinely want answers, not admonishments. If anyone has them, or advice of any kind, great. If not, then I guess I'm done here.

If I'm a dumb guy, then help a dumb guy with facts and sources. Please

gently caress you

Don’t invoke me in your bullshit meltdown as though I’m the only one who gave you good advice- the same good advice that people in two different threads gave your stupid impulsive rear end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

You're actually taking me literally? lol. But get it through your thick loving skull that I might not take any of the good advice in this thread because you're an abusive bully who uses your laughable position of power and suspicious amount of free time (nice 48,000 posts, chap) to gaslight me and tell me to "seek help," something that I've already had to do in spades. Why do you think I wanted a dog? Why does my sister have six cats? Goddamn you are an insensitive rear end in a top hat.

I'm sorry if I was mean or abusive to anyone else in this thread because clearly you are the loving problem
Take it or don't, your feelings aren't anyone else's responsibility. You want any excuse to not be responsible for your own actions. In the meantime, everyone is going to keep telling you how much you suck.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Yossarian-22 posted:

I don't think gaslight means what you think it means. Good luck, chum.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rabbit.org is always reliable

https://rabbit.org/rabbits-and-dogs/

Okay great, I'll just ignore everyone's advice and heed this article then, you dumb rear end in a top hat. Surprise: it actually says that you can train them together.

You dumb motherfucker

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

https://rabbit.org/rabbits-and-dogs/

Okay great, I'll just ignore everyone's advice and heed this article then, you dumb rear end in a top hat
Good luck lmao

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I actually thought you were maybe, possibly a smart rear end in a top hat, FAU, but then you went ahead and made me feel vindicated by saying that "Rabbit.org is always reliable," the exact source that I used to rationalize my decision! So you must actually be a dumb rear end in a top hat! Bravo !

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"You only hear what you want to hear."

"YOU SAID WHAT I WANT TO HEAR, I WIN."

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

That settles it! I'm cohabitating the animals and if my bunnies die I'm posting pics here to prove it! Adios!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love this kid lmao

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

That settles it! I'm cohabitating the animals and if my bunnies die I'm posting pics here to prove it! Adios!

Jesus loving christ dude. What kind of psychopath are you?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

Posting pics of dead buns to own the libs

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

https://petsolino.com/can-rabbits-eat-beetroot-leaves/

https://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables-and-fruits-for-a-rabbit-diet/

The answer appears to be "yes, but rotate it out." There's a few more articles on it. Rabbit.org is always reliable, IDK about petsolino.

Great! Long story short i acquired some farm fresh beets with leafs and i ran outts Harriet's favourite leafy green (spinach) so this should tide her over for a few days

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Posting pics of dead buns to own the libs

So a massive one who shouldn't even be allowed a stuffed animal let alone a real one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Great! Long story short i acquired some farm fresh beets with leafs and i ran outts Harriet's favourite leafy green (spinach) so this should tide her over for a few days
Yeah, it looks like just not more than once a day. Every other day if you're giving her a lot? What you have to look for with oxalic acid is sediment in her urine, so just check her box and peeing behavior.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

bunnyofdoom posted:

One who likes to cherrypick.

Do you have any new photos of our Dark Lady Harriet, bunnyofdoom? It feels like awhile since you've posted any!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, it looks like just not more than once a day. Every other day if you're giving her a lot? What you have to look for with oxalic acid is sediment in her urine, so just check her box and peeing behavior.

Sounds good. Dinner tonight is thise greens then probably friday night assuming my fiancé or me eats em ourselves.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sounds good. Dinner tonight is thise greens then probably friday night assuming my fiancé or me eats em ourselves.
Sautee them with minced garlic and shallot, and butter or an oil of choice (not olive). You can also throw in diced tomato for a sweeter dish. I'm not a fan of beet greens but the rest of my family loves them. I think their earthy flavor should go best with beef. Maybe lamb meatballs?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Wow bunny and culinary advice? Your the best FAU and you are always worth listening to.

gamingCaffeinator posted:

One who likes to cherrypick.

Do you have any new photos of our Dark Lady Harriet, bunnyofdoom? It feels like awhile since you've posted any!

Oh i got a photo or 8. Will post when done errands running around

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

holy poo poo what in the gently caress did I just read

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Remora posted:

How to cook beet greens. They taste like beets but more bitter.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

Remora posted:

Seriously, what in the gently caress is going on with the SA forums in general lately?

I've been here since the early 2000s and this place is just loving weird now and you get probed/banned for pointing it out. FAU is lucky he's(?) a mod because if that was any normal user they would have been (unjustifiably) given the boot by now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Also you read harriet's vet woes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

a bitchin jetski posted:

Seriously, what in the gently caress is going on with the SA forums in general lately?

I've been here since the early 2000s and this place is just loving weird now and you get probed/banned for pointing it out. FAU is lucky he's(?) a mod because if that was any normal user they would have been (unjustifiably) given the boot by now.
Thank god this place is different now, then, because we can tell idiots they're idiots.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thank god this place is different now, then, because we can tell idiots they're idiots.

I agree the guy is clearly a moron but he is rather obviously trying to get you in bother by pulling out the -ists and running off his own laundry list of poo poo he has "wrong" with him. And all this after he basically baited a bunch of people in this thread by asking for help and then going into detail about how he was going to completely ignore it.

Is that what this place has become now. Another "gotcha!" shithole like Twitter and Facebook?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

a bitchin jetski posted:

I agree the guy is clearly a moron but he is rather obviously trying to get you in bother by pulling out the -ists and running off his own laundry list of poo poo he has "wrong" with him. And all this after he basically baited a bunch of people in this thread by asking for help and then going into detail about how he was going to completely ignore it.

Is that what this place has become now. Another "gotcha!" shithole like Twitter and Facebook?
No, because nobody is buying it. He's certainly trying though.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a bitchin jetski posted:

I was actually seeking advice, but a tough-guy chad admin had to put me in my place and tell me to pull myself up by my own bootstraps like a good Republican alpha-male. Because if an abusive admin drives me away from such advice and then promptly says that the website I cited is always right then what I take away from this thread can't be anyone's fault but my own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's great that we have admins here who encourage users to gang up on vulnerable people too. Just fantastic.

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 8, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

I was actually seeking advice, but a tough-guy chad admin had to put me in my place and tell me to pull myself up by my own bootstraps like a good Republican alpha-male. Because if an abusive admin drives me away from such advice and then promptly says that the website I cited is always right then what I take away from this thread can't be anyone's fault but my own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's great that we have admins here who encourage users to gang up on vulnerable people too. Just fantastic.
loving lmao jesus.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Hey, does anyone remember when lowtax apologized for the internet and for Something Awful spawning the cesspools of 4chan et al? Because I think it's only a matter of time before this dead forum eats itself inside out eventually too http://nymag.com/selectall/2018/04/an-apology-for-the-internet-from-the-people-who-built-it.html

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

Hey, does anyone remember when lowtax apologized for the internet and for Something Awful spawning the cesspools of 4chan et al? Because I think it's only a matter of time before this dead forum eats itself inside out eventually too http://nymag.com/selectall/2018/04/an-apology-for-the-internet-from-the-people-who-built-it.html
You didn't read the article lol

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Seriously how long til this assclown eats a ban? He's either doing a lovely longcon troll or he's too stupid to be here. Either way...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Seriously how long til this assclown eats a ban? He's either doing a lovely longcon troll or he's too stupid to be here. Either way...
Okay, okay. Fair. His meltdown was funny but it's time to end it.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao, the last four pages were grade-a reading material.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need to start reading this forum and also maybe get bunnies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Kurnugia posted:

I need to start reading this forum and also maybe get bunnies

Yes. 100%. But do your research and get well-educated on the matter first or the tough guy chads of the House Bunny Thread will come down on you and reckonize.