Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol at "I like this one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Countblanc posted:

lol at "I like this one."

Monoma's fantastic :allears:

edit: Mangastream on the match lineup only labelled 4 people from Class B and no one else? Really?

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 24, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Monoma's team looking at him with silent condemnation and Hagakure giving Dark Shadow an ear rub were the stand outside from that chapter.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Tsuyu and Toru could make a good infiltration team. I wonder who else from Class 1A would be a good fit for a team like that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i'm getting a sneaking suspicion that things are going to go tragically wrong by how thick they're laying on the praise for shinso here

What are you talking about? He's going to be the greatest Noumu there ever was.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I like this arc already.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

Monoma's team looking at him with silent condemnation and Hagakure giving Dark Shadow an ear rub were the stand outside from that chapter.

That stuff is fantastic, like Team 5-A and Team 2-B all striking the same pose.

Also nice to see the teamups.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just love the two-page spread that looks like a fighting game character selection / battle load screen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dragonatrix posted:

Monoma's fantastic :allears:

edit: Mangastream on the match lineup only labelled 4 people from Class B and no one else? Really?

Korean scans only have the top line too.

I suspect it's like that in JP as well and we'll get more names once each fight starts.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Did TetsuTetsu always have the chemical symbol for Iron in his headgear? Because that’s just great.

Good chapter overall but I am getting tired of Izuku always pairing up with Ochaco. More team ups with more side characters! (Although we are getting more Mina which is grand)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yay Pony :3:

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.

bondster posted:

Did TetsuTetsu always have the chemical symbol for Iron in his headgear? Because that’s just great.

Yep it's there when he's interning with Kirishima.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Hell yes, I am all about this arc

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i'm getting a sneaking suspicion that things are going to go tragically wrong by how thick they're laying on the praise for shinso here

Deku keeps thinking back to how he saw the spirits of the past OfA users during his fight with Shinso and it has me wondering if something funky is going to happen with his quirk during his fight. He's also going against a girl with a quirk called Poltergeist and Deku is just full of ghosts, so that could potentially cause problems too.

Anyways, I can't wait to see who gets sentenced to 99,999 years of hard labor.

EDIT: Twin Impact kid's costume was not what I was expecting.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 24, 2018

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Hagakure just petting dark shadow :3:

There's also the opportunity to see how Monoma interacts with OfA. Looking forward to where this goes.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Pony vs Todoroki. The destruction from such a clash could kill hundreds.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Monoma's poses are always great

And Mina's wearing her shipping goggles again

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Earlyroki killed me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can I just say?

PMush Perfect posted:

No thanks, I'm just fine not being literally mind controlled into moving a certain way like a loving video game character and I'm sure his class would feel the same way.

Shinsou's power would have two amazing strengths. 1) Surprise attacks, especially if he avoids getting much recognition. Nobody actually remembers what happens while being controlled, it's only afterwards that they can even try to put the pieces together. 2) Disruption. As mentioned before, if he learns mimicry or gets a voice changer, anyone who responds to anyone risks getting hit. That would wreak havoc on communications.
Fuckin' called it.

Edit:

chiasaur11 posted:

Voice changer. Ambush to take out patrols, then when reporting in, use the voices he already dealt with to take down the rest.

Even if he can't handle a job solo and people become aware of him, just the threat of his quirk would be enough to kill voice comms and generally disrupt communication. Handy little edge for the good guys.
:respek:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 24, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Those popularity poll rankings paid off for Shinso.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bbakugou/status/1032551867212021760

One can dream, right?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

So team 1B is Plant Jesus, Beast, A Chinese Vampire and... some douche? Loving how ordinary he looks compared to everyone else.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Radish posted:

Also Uraraka is looking at Deku, while everyone else (aside from team B-5) is looking forward to the opponents. :3:

The biggest deal though is Mina's fuzzy collar. It's extremely powerful.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also shinso is even cooler now, I guess.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That panel with Mina and All Might is adorable enough to weaponize

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Brandfarlig posted:

So team 1B is Plant Jesus, Beast, A Chinese Vampire and... some douche? Loving how ordinary he looks compared to everyone else.

I think that's solid air guy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kendo vs Momo was never not going to happen huh?

B-2 and 5-A are the only teams to strike a team pose.

I think 5-B, with the addition of Shinso making it so that Deku can't give direction to his team and taking advantage of Mineta and Mina being yappy, has the potential to upset 5-A. Hoping for a rare Deku loss here.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

kidcoelacanth posted:

That panel with Mina and All Might is adorable enough to weaponize

This is true of a lot of Mina panels, because Mina is great. I get the sense that Horikoshi really enjoys writing/drawing her.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Monoma is gonna copy Deku and blow up all his limbs at once. It will be the greatest panel in history.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is true of a lot of Mina panels, because Mina is great. I get the sense that Horikoshi really enjoys writing/drawing her.

She's great and I hope she really gets her time to shine since she'll be on Deku's team.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Monoma is gonna copy Deku and blow up all his limbs at once. It will be the greatest panel in history.

Alternatively, it does nothing and he starts to freak out because he can't copy Deku's quirk.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Monoma is going to copy Deku and gain the ability to stockpile and pass down power... for 5 minutes.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Maybe we'll finally learn what Manga's power does.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Monoma will copy Mina's quirk and turn pink for five minutes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bondster posted:

Good chapter overall but I am getting tired of Izuku always pairing up with Ochaco. More team ups with more side characters! (Although we are getting more Mina which is grand)

Yeah, that and Shinso ending up fighting against Izuku is also super boring.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

BioThermo posted:

Monoma is going to copy Deku and gain the ability to stockpile and pass down power... for 5 minutes.

Or he gets an extra joint in his pinky and has to deal with his shoes fitting slightly worse.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This got posted to the Smash Bros. thread and I just had to share it in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZ-bzg_oqw

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Monoma will copy Mina's quirk and turn pink for five minutes.

It would be funny if he copies her acid without copying her immunity to acid.

"Now feel the wrath of myOH MY GOD IT BURNS!"

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

gmq posted:

Earlyroki killed me

I like how much Todoroki has leveled out that he's not even the slightest bit offended

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

This got posted to the Smash Bros. thread and I just had to share it in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZ-bzg_oqw

This is amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
My prediction is that Monoma is going to copy Shinso's power and, because he is who he is, no one is going to be able to resist reacting to him.