Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Except everyone already ignores him typically and with the knowledge of him being able to use Shinso quirk that goes double.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Monoma and Shinso get into a loop of copying and freezing one another in place

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I love Hagakure just sitting there loving petting Dark Shadow during the vs. intros.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hello yes, may I purchase one ticket for the hype train into this arc?

fake edit: Beastboy calling everyone "Sir" and "Lady" is a great contrast. :allears:

bondster
May 6, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Monoma is gonna copy Deku and blow up all his limbs at once. It will be the greatest panel in history.

I want this so bad, but I wouldn’t put it past this series to have Monoma copy Deku and pull out an ENTIRELY new ability associated with One for All. Would be a great way to reveal that twist.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is true of a lot of Mina panels, because Mina is great. I get the sense that Horikoshi really enjoys writing/drawing her.

Dark Sclera is a powerful tag

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

bondster posted:

I want this so bad, but I wouldn’t put it past this series to have Monoma copy Deku and pull out an ENTIRELY new ability associated with One for All. Would be a great way to reveal that twist.

Aww gently caress that's what's gonna happen, huh.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Monoma could also copy Brainwash and end up taking things too far with that power.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yo Shinso is loving broken!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm banking on shinso (or I guess monoma) trying to mind control deku and that leading to us finding out whatever was going on with his hand after the ghost dream

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I dunno. That seems dangerously close to repeating the same beat point for point.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Arist posted:

I dunno. That seems dangerously close to repeating the same beat point for point.

I mean that's how Japanese education works anyway

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

shinso vs deku fight will probably show hes no longer wholly reliant on his quirk

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Arist posted:

I don't see why that matters. it's like goku getting brought back for a day in the buu saga (itself a callback to the same happening to hid grandpa years ago) setting up the same thing happening to vegeta later. the second shinso showed up, it seemed to me like that was his role and I'm even more convinced now that he's facing off against deku

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Even in your own example it's two different characters. I don't want to watch the exact same thing happen twice and I'm a little surprised that people are not just expecting it but excited for it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not the exact same thing so idk what you mean. it just seems like there's a lot of set up pointing to it to me

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Last time Shinso used his quirk on Deku, he just saw the shadows of the former users, if that happens again, I bet it'll somehow go even further than that. Like, maybe other people will be able to see the spirits, or even one of them actually manifesting or something.

There's also Reiko Yanagi on the team, whose quirk is called Poltergeist. Depending on what that actually does, that could have an odd effect on Deku since he's already full of ghosts.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 24, 2018

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i was gonna be disappointed if that smash video didn't end with the off-the-screen lightbeam

thank god

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"Shinsou fights Deku and mind controls him, causing him to see the spirits" is the exact same thing. It's just repeating the same point. Yeah, sure, the circumstances are a bit different, but the circumstances are, by definition, circumstantial. They're incidental and don't actually matter all that much in terms of the arcs and flow of the story. Not that much has really changed with the relationship between Midoriya and Shinsou, so if the same fight happens "again, but more," it necessarily won't be as interesting as the first time. I'm not even saying it would be a bad direction for the series, I'm saying there's easily several more interesting ways this could go.

Also we just got more information on this exact subject. I really don't expect more of the OfA spirits for a while yet, especially because we're still in the immediate aftermath of the last visit.

But whatever. That's just my justification for not really wanting to see that specific possibility. I hope it's good either way, I just don't really like these types of chapters/arcs because I'm not really reading this series for just fights. I prefer the character interaction and when there is fighting I prefer more of a sense of stakes, though I realize it can't always be life-or-death.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

BioThermo posted:

Hagakure just petting dark shadow :3:

Oh my god, I completely missed that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what happened with deku's hand doesn't necessarily need to have the ghosts show up to happen again. deku can get mind controlled and break out with his own power, illuminating what had happened during his dream that ended up in his room getting trashed at the same time

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is Shinso Sasuke?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

mabels big day posted:

Is Shinso Sasuke?

Don't make me tap the sign.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looking again at the matchups, it looks like Todoroki's going up against the recommended student from 1-B, Juzo Honenuki. I didn't recognize him at first because of the helmet he's wearing.

Normally I'd put money on Todoroki singlehandedly wiping Team B-3, as Tetsutetsu/Tsunotori/Kaibara seem to be all melee fighters, but Honenuki's quirk puts a wrench into that. He'll probably end up softening Todoroki's ice into uselessness.

The Team 4 matchup is also interesting -- there's two guys (Bondo, Awase) who can disable Bakugo pretty effectively.

Team 2 has three students with quirks that interact with light going up against Black.

I'm overall looking forward to see what 1-B can do, as 1-A on paper seems to have the edge since not only are their quirks much more obviously combat-oriented, they also have had a lot of development and active application of what they can do. We haven't gotten to see that from most of 1-B until now.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 24, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Prediction: We're going to see two Class A wins and two Class B wins, then something crazy will happen during Deku's match that will cause it to be called off.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Monoma will copy Mina's quirk and turn pink for five minutes.

Monoma will try to copy someone's power and be unable to. That's when we find out that someone has an unnatural quirk given to them by AfO, they're the traitor, and Shinso takes their place in the class.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I just realized that Tsuyu is probably now getting sidelined early right after we got to see her new abilities.
:(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we've seen her invisibility and stuff before, haven't we?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure Tsuyu is dead after getting smashed through a wall by Hank McCoy. It was a good run Froppy, you will be missed.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Manatee Cannon posted:

we've seen her invisibility and stuff before, haven't we?

Oh, have we?
I don't remember (big surprise).

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Team 2 has three students with quirks that interact with light going up against Black.

Oh gently caress, I didn't even notice. My prediction for what Black does may be right on the nose. :pcgaming:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

quote:

He can transform into a beast, drastically augmenting his physique, muscle strength, hearing, sense of smell, and vision! However, while he's transformed he also gets an overwhelming high!

:catdrugs:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So im just a little confused about what shinso has done and it will definitely be explained completely in the next comic. So his voicebox can mimic other voices? He mimicked the air wall dude right?
The speech bubbles kinda confused me at the end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hihohe posted:

So im just a little confused about what shinso has done and it will definitely be explained completely in the next comic. So his voicebox can mimic other voices? He mimicked the air wall dude right?
The speech bubbles kinda confused me at the end.

That's it, yeah. He used his voice changer to sound like Class B's dude, since the beast guy would definitely listen and answer to him. He did, and thus, he's now under Shinso's brainwashing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's it, yeah. He used his voice changer to sound like Class B's dude, since the beast guy would definitely listen and answer to him. He did, and thus, he's now under Shinso's brainwashing.

The voice changer gimmick is probably something that will come across a lot clearer in the anime.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

You can also see Tsuburaba's visible shock in the panel when his "voice" is being responded to by Shishida.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I didn't even notice that guy was there or that he was reacting that way until I reread it a couple of times. I still think the brainwash power seems incredibly lame even with a voice modulator since it's really avoidable unlike Eraser Head's quirk. Unless I misunderstood and Eraser needs to make eye to eye contact or something to erase someone's quirk. I hope that they make Shinsou's quirk more elaborate so we get Shikamaru-style strategy fights. Maybe they'll do something interesting with the "only when he wants to control them" condition that will be hype.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The only way his quirk would be interesting is if it gets developed so that he can delay the activation of the quirk so that he can mask exactly when he inserted his question during a conversation between two people.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Coffee Mugshot posted:

I didn't even notice that guy was there or that he was reacting that way until I reread it a couple of times. I still think the brainwash power seems incredibly lame even with a voice modulator since it's really avoidable unlike Eraser Head's quirk. Unless I misunderstood and Eraser needs to make eye to eye contact or something to erase someone's quirk. I hope that they make Shinsou's quirk more elaborate so we get Shikamaru-style strategy fights. Maybe they'll do something interesting with the "only when he wants to control them" condition that will be hype.

I've always felt that Shinsou should be someone who is just kept secret by the government and only reserved for top tier threats. That way no one ever becomes familiar with his existence or how his ability works, and he can just auto-win against the super big threats.

Like, they should just pay him six figures to sit around as a last resort against the All for Ones of the world.

edit: Shinsou's ability almost feels like it's more suited to a series like Worm or something than MHA, what with the "absolutely devastating if you don't understand how it works" angle (which isn't a thing for most MHA powers).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Ytlaya posted:

I've always felt that Shinsou should be someone who is just kept secret by the government and only reserved for top tier threats. That way no one ever becomes familiar with his existence or how his ability works, and he can just auto-win against the super big threats.

edit: Like, they should just pay him six figures to sit around as a last resort against the All for Ones of the world.

I agree. Moreso I actually imagine him as a special operative for internal investigations rather than villain threats. It really does seem that since we already have moles in UA, this student's identity and quirk are not unknowns to the Villains Association

Edit: it just takes any nomu to render this dude useless as they've been shown to not actually respond to many external impulses except for the most recent one.