Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Strange Quark posted:

Amazon has been getting exclusive seasonal shows for like a year now.

Nice, a bunch of stuff probably went under my radar then. I'll go see what's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cute outfit and Mechanically powerful equipment set in TWEWY

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
goin' after the Stretch fanbase

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Elmnt80 posted:

But what if they made a sloth anime?

Can you be in a non anime watching club if you occasionally binge watch initial D?

I would watch the poo poo out of a sloth anime.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Watching Revue starlight while playing duel links and I gotta ask, why hasn't there been a series of yugioh about magical girls or idols yet? It seems like the easiest genres to smash together.

Google "Trickstars". VRAINS has a virtual idol character, and she plays a deck with idol cards.

As far as Magical Girls, you've got Dark Magician Girl and all of her fruity sisters, Apple Magician Girl and Lemon Magician Girl:v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

goin' after the Stretch fanbase

I have forgotten to stretch more often after Stretch ended.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/fivemegos/status/1032851081963876352

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Julias posted:

Google "Trickstars". VRAINS has a virtual idol character, and she plays a deck with idol cards.

As far as Magical Girls, you've got Dark Magician Girl and all of her fruity sisters, Apple Magician Girl and Lemon Magician Girl:v:

I know they've got archetypes I meant more a series of yugioh staring magical girls. Basically Revue Starlight but replaces the swords with duel disks.

Actually now that I think about it that's the protags whole deal in Arc-V, but the universe conspired against him just trying to make people happy.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Hey wark, feeling medieval today?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZG4rHBoPg

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
ZenMasterBullshit, have you seen Selector Infected Wixoss? It might be somewhat close to what you're looking for.

(Note: I have not seen wixoss, so I might be way off)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wixoss places so little narrative or dramatic emphasis on the actual act of playing the card game that it doesn't really compare to yugioh at all in any way, shape or form

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

Hey wark, feeling medieval today?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZG4rHBoPg
I like the harmonized guitars a great deal and this was an excellent rec. Thanks! :)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

wixoss places so little narrative or dramatic emphasis on the actual act of playing the card game that it doesn't really compare to yugioh at all in any way, shape or form

Whenever I see people livetweeting that show I keep forgetting that it's supposed to be about cards

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/greyfuku/status/1032932624178638848?s=19

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Those sneakers are choice and go incredibly well with that ensemble. :kimchi:

I’m not a fan of Lolita fashion, but somehow it makes a good combo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

Oh that sucks. The entire point of Yugioh is Kaiba giving SMT style rants while slapping down cards to show that his personality, his style, his ideology is the better one.

It's why smart archetype picks are so good for characters. Sora wouldn't be half as fun if he didn't have the cute stuffed animals turned buzzsaw nightmare monsters cause that's His Character.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Wark Say posted:

I like the harmonized guitars a great deal and this was an excellent rec. Thanks! :)

iirc, the harpist in this band has a graduate degree in medieval music. They do the medieval thing _seriously_, it's not just window dressing. It's super neat.

There are two or three solo harp pieces on the album, too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How do you tune a harp?

You throw it in the trash.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

iospace posted:

How do you tune a harp?

You throw it in the trash.

it's still out of tune, what the gently caress

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wixoss Selector/spread is not the best watch if you want to watch anime to see card games being played but it's a great watch to see how it deals with the Faustian bargain Madoka does in a different way. Also Aki Lucky is a wonderful villain

Just avoid Lostorage as it's just bad all around

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
big fan of that slime

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

big fan of that slime

She just want to squishy

https://mangadex.org/title/29557/slime-life

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

if you changed the scenario it would just be a comic about sexual harassment honestly

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

big fan of that slime

It should probably file a complaint with the labor relations board, though.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

big fan of that slime

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I don't know if this ones gonna be good but I love these backgrounds enough to give it a chance

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's really cool art.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Dread Kappa's Mortifying Visage....

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

I wanna pet all the monsters

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://mangadex.org/title/24665/kakuriyo-no-yadomeshi-ayakashi-oyado-ni-yomeiri-shimasu this is that one, it just got started but its seems neat for a shoujo and promises it is a cooking comic

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mill Village posted:

I’m not a fan of Lolita fashion, but somehow it makes a good combo.
Sometimes a combination just... pops. I like goth lolita fashion but I do accept that sometimes it tends to get samey. Who'da thunk that some pumped up kicks would make such a big difference?

Eela6 posted:

iirc, the harpist in this band has a graduate degree in medieval music. They do the medieval thing _seriously_, it's not just window dressing. It's super neat.

There are two or three solo harp pieces on the album, too.
That is neat! I must admit that my experience recording harps is very small, so hell, I'd probably just take that whole record for a spin to see if I can learn anything! :)

Again, thanks for the rec!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Boo at the thread title. Booooooo!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this whole sequence is a ton of fun

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's a wierd and fun setup too cause the dude protag died and his wife went on a big long journey that lasted most of her life to revive him and now hes going on the same journey to bring her back too, so you get peeks and snippets of her fun journey in the past instead of only remembering her in tragic terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Other bonus: Tiny fairy with the strenght of 1000 men