Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lmao this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
oh hey it's a kurogane ken series

kotatsu sex was so nice they used it twice

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
randomly clicked on the latest chapter of this adult drama co worker series and wow its my couple aesthetic

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A pair of girls exercising together? That's a Stretch.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Curse you, Captain Invictus! That got a chuckle out of me IRL.

DisDisDis posted:

randomly clicked on the latest chapter of this adult drama co worker series and wow its my couple aesthetic

Is it Lily Marvel or Marble?

e: Nevermind, マーベル is for Marvel. So I'm thinking this is "marble", like the rock.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 5, 2018

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Wark Say posted:

Is it Lily Marvel or Marble?

e: Nevermind, マーベル is for Marvel. So I'm thinking this is "marble", like the rock.

It's marble. https://dynasty-scans.com/series/lily_marble

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wish the new Nettaigyo would come out...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

A pair of girls exercising together? That's a Stretch.

Wark Say posted:

Curse you, Captain Invictus! That got a chuckle out of me IRL.
actually, it sucks, and my suggestion to you as mod is to ban all mention of stretch, forever

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't know what Stretch is but everyone was calling Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu a Stretch earlier in this thread and it left me very confused.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Snooze Cruise posted:

I don't know what Stretch is but everyone was calling Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu a Stretch earlier in this thread and it left me very confused.

Stretch was a manga about girls stretching which teased a lot of yuri stuff but never paid off.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh, ok. I see it seems to have left a lot of people traumatized.

so the joke is anything with stretching and could be read as gay, can be called a Stretch. that kinda seems like a bad joke because the punchline kinda implies "heh, it won't be gay!" or something.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's just a meme that was funny for a little while but all memes must die someday

if anyone is in the mood for a fun webtoon romcom What's Wrong With Secretary Kim? has about 60 chapters in English and the main plot seems to be wrapping up -- my understanding is it goes into side character stuff afterwards and the main couple stuff is just fluff and flirting but that's second-hand from someone who watched the drama -- so it's a pretty good binge right now.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

hello, Risa-sensei

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

References to Stretch in this thread is just someone asking in a work is going to be just queerbaiting or actually commit. You can see a similar thing in the dad manga thread with people referencing Usagi Drop(iirc) where after the majority of the series was about a dad raising his adopted kid it ended with them marrying.
Basically it's just someone asking if it's worth getting invested in a series or if it's going to turn into a massive disappointment/creepy and using a specific series as shorthand.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

let's kill them

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Hel posted:

References to Stretch in this thread is just someone asking in a work is going to be just queerbaiting or actually commit. You can see a similar thing in the dad manga thread with people referencing Usagi Drop(iirc) where after the majority of the series was about a dad raising his adopted kid it ended with them marrying.
Basically it's just someone asking if it's worth getting invested in a series or if it's going to turn into a massive disappointment/creepy and using a specific series as shorthand.

actually in this case it was "lol, two girls wearing gym clothes on a cover together, must be queerbaiting"

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

thinking about Risa-sensei...

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe I have to kill people now because of DisDisDis said so.

Hel posted:

I think that is a very dissimilar example and you could have just said "series shorthand" lol.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

I think I was the one who first posted about the series with this image:

I was definitely making a joke about the queerbaiting that Stretch was engaging in when it first came out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo making a joke out of something as complex and hurtful as queerbaiting just because of surface level similarities speaks very much to how some people just view lesbian stories in fiction as meaningless fluff for them to consume and then forget, the act of actually connecting with and engaging with characters and the story the author is trying to tell forgotten in favor of a vague grabbag of cultural touchstones from the three yuri manga you've ever actually read and a mild knowledge that it's bad when girls kiss boys, sucks

and furthermore taking a conversation that should be based on the actual content of the story, its presentation and characterization, and turning it into a vague meme with about as much relevance and engagement with the material as 'get in the robot shinji', also sucks. the way this thread tosses the name of the manga with a kind of noncommittal ending around is representative of a complete lack of respect and actual thought, and its a good sign to let you know that you shouldn't listen to a poster's opinions on anything like this, at all, ever.

Also the fact that we have to have this conversation literally every time a woman in a yuri manga is in spats blows chunks. Let it go, people.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

D. Ebdrup posted:

I think I was the one who first posted about the series with this image:

I was definitely making a joke about the queerbaiting that Stretch was engaging in when it first came out.

Now that you've fessed up let's really unpack the implication "this comic by a prolific yuri author about a 17 year old high school girl living with the wife of her recently deceased brother is gonna be another stretch"

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lot to unpack here as well

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
im in flat femme solidarity with blondie

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, what? I thought Cap'n was just making a pun.

A lot to loving unpack here. :cripes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

im in flat femme solidarity with blondie
id say 'same' but the hosed up thing is ive never engaged with femme/butch dynamics really because all my partners have been kind of disconnected with lesbian culture at large

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When I was transitioning early on my therapist was very insistent on having me nail down what type of presentation I wanted and it just slowly turned into her asking me "how butch or femme do you want to be???"

I am glad to not have that therapist anymore.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

When I was transitioning early on my therapist was very insistent on having me nail down what type of presentation I wanted and it just slowly turned into her asking me "how butch or femme do you want to be???"

I am glad to not have that therapist anymore.
i have to say, congrats on getting naoko takeuchi as a therapist

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

id say 'same' but the hosed up thing is ive never engaged with femme/butch dynamics really because all my partners have been kind of disconnected with lesbian culture at large

my lesbian friends called me femme as like, a gender thing and it seemed pretty fitting then literal years later I figured out it was a specific lesbian community term and well, sorry for the cultural appropriation, lesbians

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

i have to say, congrats on getting naoko takeuchi as a therapist

God I wish I was asked which Sailor Senshi I wanted to be because that would have been a lot more easier to answer and palpable.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Now that you've fessed up let's really unpack the implication "this comic by a prolific yuri author about a 17 year old high school girl living with the wife of her recently deceased brother is gonna be another stretch"
Are you confusing chapter 2, page 3 of Lily Marble with Living with My Brother's Wife, or are you just ignoring that I wrote "I don't think it's as bad as that image made it look, based on the mangakas other licensed work called Kotonoha, but I couldn't resist."

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 5, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mean its kinda easy to get confused when I was talking about Living with My Brother's Wife when you quoted me.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
You quoted the post saying my brother's wife was like stretch so I thought that's what you were saying, yes

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Who's supposed to have compared Living With My Brothers Wife with Stretch, before I'm supposed to have made that comment, despite the fact that I linked to Lily Marble?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think they're going to get married or anything in Brother's Wife, unless I'm forgetting something, but I like seeing the development of what they are to each other and who they are. It's kind of like the saying that your family members are the closest strangers, though maybe somewhat inverted in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I said everyone was calling it stretch but really it was just one person and i was being a bit hyperbolic because I saw the stretch reference a dozen times for other things and been confused.

chumbler posted:

I don't think they're going to get married or anything in Brother's Wife, unless I'm forgetting something, but I like seeing the development of what they are to each other and who they are. It's kind of like the saying that your family members are the closest strangers, though maybe somewhat inverted in this case.

Of course they are not going to get married, 17 is going to be marrying the club manager girl.