Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gero did have a computer but it having Gero for an AI was entirely an Abridged thing I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Justin_Brett posted:

Gero did have a computer but it having Gero for an AI was entirely an Abridged thing I believe.

I mean it may have started out as Getting but with the way he designs his tech to constantly find improvements, not much left of him anymore.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Justin_Brett posted:

I think they just wanted more of Gero's voice actor, and can you blame them? His voice is amazing.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Beamed posted:

Why do you care so much about proving Vegeta wasn't a good guy at the end of Z.

Gohan is not only the moral compass of the Dragonball universe, but also, with his unlimited, untapped potential, symbolic of how great the series can still grow. In this essay I will

Why do you care that I care? It’s a message board for discussion, and I figured a philosophical discussion about a main character was more interesting than a TFS echo chamber, but whatever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure you know what an echo chamber is.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
if saving the world doesnt make you a good person then nothing really does and beerus and whis and zeno are super duper villains going by this logic

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drjuggalo posted:

if saving the world doesnt make you a good person then nothing really does and beerus and whis and zeno are super duper villains going by this logic

If they're Super Duper Villains, then will Broly be a Super Dee Duper Villain?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I understand we all want Broly to become cool and good with the new movie.

But I still want him to do a full-throated 'KAKAROOOOTTTTT' at least once.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Goku is a genuinely good person, he just lacks object permanence and doesn't think through the consequences of literally anything he does

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
does Frieza really need money? seems like he can get whatever he wants just by threatening to blow up the planet

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not sure you know what an echo chamber is.

Listen, I know your thing is sucking TFS’s dick, and that’s fine ‘cause they make cool stuff, but an echo chamber is people repeating their own opinions over and over. Like one dude said he doesn’t like TFS and everyone jumped down his throat, saying the same thing over and over. That’s an echo chamber.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
All I want is for Frieza to become Bulma's latest girlfriend. Go on little dates with Whis to check out the newest pâtisserie in town. And awkward dinners and shopping trips with Vegeta and the Pilaf kids.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

does Frieza really need money? seems like he can get whatever he wants just by threatening to blow up the planet

Maybe he just genuinely enjoys his job?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

And his job is to embarrass Cooler

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestonJew posted:

Much like politicians, Freeza is already as rich as he'd ever need to be, but he enjoys the tyrant power that comes with his job. As well, lots of people depend on the jobs he creates sometimes against their will, and while he will fire Death Beams at his employees if he must, he does not want to just leave them all homeless and dead.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Listen, I know your thing is sucking TFS’s dick, and that’s fine ‘cause they make cool stuff, but an echo chamber is people repeating their own opinions over and over. Like one dude said he doesn’t like TFS and everyone jumped down his throat, saying the same thing over and over. That’s an echo chamber.

If it were an echo chamber anyone with a dissenting opinion would be thrown out. That's kind of a big part of it.

E: What you're describing is an unpopular opinion being voiced and then countered by people who disagree. It's kind of the nature of discussing opinions.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nanigans posted:

So you don’t know what it means... because it ain’t that.

Ironically what your describing is discussion. An echo chamber by design doesn’t not allow contrary thought. I’ve disagreed with those who disliked it but no one has called for them to be banned from the thread, which would make this an echo chamber.

The same idea for your Vegeta is a bad guy argument, it is not a popular argument, but that doesn’t make it a Vegeta is good echo chamber.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 12, 2018

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

vegeta sux

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Kild posted:

vegeta sux

I'm sick of this vegeta sux echo chamber

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

goku roolz

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

CharlestonJew posted:

If there is one thing realistic about Frieza it's that he has more than he could ever need, and still actively goes out of his way to ruin lives of others to get even richer.
Edit: Seems somebody made that joke before my refresh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fawf posted:

I'm sick of this vegeta sux echo chamber

I'm sick of this I'm sick of this vegeta sux echo chamber echo chamber

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

What has the higher shitpost level? Echo Chamber Vegeta hate Echo Chamber Evolution or Bad Dad Circlejerk Goku Bad Dad Circklejerk KaioKen?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean Goku is a bad dad so you can’t hold facts against people.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

The strain on your body must be incredible when you go Echo Chamber x 20

Edit: I think it’s time for a more serious topic of discussion. Does anyone else get hungry for fruit roll ups or Big gulps when they see Goku go Super Saiyan Blue with the Red Kaioken border?

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 12, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Echo chamber god echo chamber.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Downing out dissenting opinions and passive aggressively sniping at them afterwards for way longer is an echo chamber.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RBX posted:

Downing out dissenting opinions and passive aggressively sniping at them afterwards for way longer is an echo chamber.

Sigh, how are goons so bad at this.

That is not an echo chamber. Nor is it an accurate representation of what happened.

It has a clear definition you can look up my dude.

I know echo chamber sounds better but don’t fall into sensational rhetoric.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 12, 2018

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I think we just don’t understand his complex points about Vegeta. He should try to explain it again.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I’m not crazy right? This is definitely Vegeta, Goku, and golden frieza?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Billzasilver posted:

frieza is a pretty big turd

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Vegeta was bad, struggled to be goodish, then was bad again, then became good permanently.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Vegeta was bad, struggled to be goodish, then was bad again, then became good permanently.

Yeah though people overvalue the saved lives part.

That part isn’t actually important, as lives aren’t judged on a scale, but whether you fundamentally change as a person.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Billzasilver posted:

on what planet is that gold

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

You have to let my slurpee power up to 100%

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

The hyperbolic time chamber is an echo chamber

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

The hyperbolic time chamber is an echo chamber

ya but what about the hyperbrolic time chamber?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBX posted:

So when everybody tells you that this is a stupid post, is that gonna make this an echo chamber?

I'm just trying to figure out the difference between "Echo Chamber" and "A lot of people disagree with me, possibly because I am, in fact, wrong."

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

VJeff posted:

So when everybody tells you that this is a stupid post, is that gonna make this an echo chamber?

I'm just trying to figure out the difference between "Echo Chamber" and "A lot of people disagree with me, possibly because I am, in fact, wrong."

fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
:yikes:

Can the movie come out early? :ohdear: