Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

algebra testes posted:

Agreed.

I also died at

Vinny: "Shane was back stage, unconscious from the attack being attended to by paramedics."

*straight after*

"And then you will never guess who ran in."

Bryan: "dont loving say it."

Vinny: "Shane Mcmahon made the run in for the save"

Bryan: "I hate this show I quit."

Well run is an interesting word...

https://twitter.com/CultofClark/status/1039772190265303040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

Oh good, Eva Marie got a podcast.

Man that team of like 30 people she hired to manage her career must have worked their asses off to get her a gig like that!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I bet most people look funny sprinting full speed down a hill though

A controlled jog is the answer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Man that team of like 30 people she hired to manage her career must have worked their asses off to get her a gig like that!

maybe one of those 30 should tell her to shut the gently caress up about poo poo she doesn't understand.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cavauro posted:

has anyone listened to tights and fights? i like mike eagle as a dude but i don't listen to any wrestling poo poo.

I tried listening to it when it first started but man they don't seem to really know poo poo about wrestling.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave being extra snippy about Raw and WWE cause he had to watch them without doing anything was amazing. Also saying WWE would ruin Ishii should be played for Kenny non-stop till he resigns with New Japan

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

has anyone listened to tights and fights? i like mike eagle as a dude but i don't listen to any wrestling poo poo.

They're nice and cute and I like everyone on it but its pretty empty of substance. It's mostly just a casual fan podcast about WWE. There is something nice about people finding good in the WWE product but they don't really have any critical thoughts on wrestling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7mRxS90CrQ

Huge Motherfucker Simon Miller marking out as he talks to Bryan Alvarez is kind of adorable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan and Vinny are stealing every Tuesday Nitro narrative, Craig should call them out.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave being extra snippy about Raw and WWE cause he had to watch them without doing anything was amazing. Also saying WWE would ruin Ishii should be played for Kenny non-stop till he resigns with New Japan
Ishii is underused by NJPW ten months of the year, what’s two more?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

They're nice and cute and I like everyone on it but its pretty empty of substance. It's mostly just a casual fan podcast about WWE. There is something nice about people finding good in the WWE product but they don't really have any critical thoughts on wrestling.

I liked it for awhile. Mike Eagle is the most knowledgeable and insightful the group, but he's not around half the time. Danielle is cool, but she has a few verbal tics that are positively obnoxious. I'm a Hal Lublin fan in general, but I don't think he adds too much here.

They're all nice people having a mostly pleasant conversation about wrestling. It's fine background noise. I don't subscribe anymore, but when I did I skipped the episodes without Mike Eagle.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan and Vinny are stealing every Tuesday Nitro narrative, Craig should call them out.

I dont listen to B&V regularly, what do you mean?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

I dont listen to B&V regularly, what do you mean?

in 2 years we'll learn how much jesus loves heroin

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DangerDummy! posted:

I liked it for awhile. Mike Eagle is the most knowledgeable and insightful the group, but he's not around half the time. Danielle is cool, but she has a few verbal tics that are positively obnoxious. I'm a Hal Lublin fan in general, but I don't think he adds too much here.

They're all nice people having a mostly pleasant conversation about wrestling. It's fine background noise. I don't subscribe anymore, but when I did I skipped the episodes without Mike Eagle.

I went on the JoCo cruise this year and Mike Eagle complimented my Hiromu shirt. That's my Mike Eagle story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Amazing Granny segment this time around, a beautiful trainwreck from start to finish.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Ronda Rousey just doesn’t have the confidence of a wrestler...

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dave's obituary is great, as usual.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

GoutPatrol posted:

Dave's obituary is great, as usual.

I loved that he confirmed that rats were some of his sources at one point

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
What is Eva Marie’s podcast about

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

checksin posted:

What is Eva Marie’s podcast about

Her brand

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Her brand

and what the FANS want to hear. Which based on my analysis are 43 plants and 2 lonely sad dads.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1040690507515478016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marko gonna get a good match out of chico

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My favourite granny segment thing is how she’ll finish her last match and immediately segue into some story about her brother or the senior center or her home repairs

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm an RBR patreon subscriber because I like their weekly wrestling reviews but I'm very tempted to start subscribing to WOR for whatever weird tangents these Howard Stern sounding characters are on every show and hearing Bryan and Vinny reviewing old wrestling shows or whatever that is. I've never subbed before so I've only heard WOR stuff in short YT clips. Is it worth it?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah, you get about a dozen new shows per week between WOR, F4D, and B&V

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yes, Dave has a lot of interesting takes and the Bryan and Vinny stuff is always great

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I'm still waiting on a Vinny and Dave show though

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

With a subscription to WON you get to hear former UFC fighter Filthy Tom Lawlor's purple prose.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I'm an RBR patreon subscriber because I like their weekly wrestling reviews but I'm very tempted to start subscribing to WOR for whatever weird tangents these Howard Stern sounding characters are on every show and hearing Bryan and Vinny reviewing old wrestling shows or whatever that is. I've never subbed before so I've only heard WOR stuff in short YT clips. Is it worth it?

In terms of wrestling podcast content it's hard to think of a better subscribing decision. With that archive, there's enough stuff there you're bound to find something you like, even if it's not necessarily one of the big two shows (Observer Live and B&V)

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
There was one summer years and years ago where I downloaded every single Impact report from Bryan and Vinny I could and listened to them in order. It was a magical trip and easily worth the 10 bucks a month.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Big Bob Pataki posted:

There was one summer years and years ago where I downloaded every single Impact report from Bryan and Vinny I could and listened to them in order. It was a magical trip and easily worth the 10 bucks a month.

That was probably my favourite time as a F4W subscriber. Them torching Russo, Dixie, Bischoff, the whole of TNA... maybe I should download Adrenaline Flush

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i did that but just starting with the new monday night war, its very much worth it

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Bischoff...SOLD FOR THE BIRD~!

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Thinking about resubbing now so I can listen to the episode covering when Dixie had that talk with the locker room.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The other key part of Wrestling Observer, besides the radio shows, is the newsletter, which is always chock full of interesting articles and analysis. Also, you can actually see what Dave thinks about the matches besides the star ratings!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Others already answered but it's absolutely worth it, they produce a ton of content for your monthly subscription and most of it is incredibly fun or interesting to listen to.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Stink was wronk.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMZOXAIjuCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

i did that but just starting with the new monday night war, its very much worth it

Those shows don't get enough credit.

And they should drop Craig.