Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i have no idea if everyone else in this thread is straight or not, but i kind of tend to assume most people on the internet are unless they explicitly say otherwise or have some kind of obvious tell (like if you had a RPDR avatar I'd probably be able to take a shot in the dark)

this means i get a little uncomfortable when i see a bunch of presumably straight people deciding that i have been horribly hurt by a joke that i actually kind of really like and was... not really offended by (and i'm not one of those weirdos who just completely doesn't care about gay jokes- i've legit ended friendships because they just could not stop that poo poo and there's a lot of 80s movies that kind of piss me off). like, as mentioned, zarbon is way way fuckin worse honestly

See, there's something I find somewhat insidious about needing to "out" oneself in order to make a point. I try to word things in such a way that they should still be valid and make sense whether or not I declare myself A Queer Person™, because I don't want people to take things I say and run with it as if I'm some kind of spokesperson for "The Community", and not merely speaking my own mind and personal opinions. But often that context does the give the added weight of lived experience vs people who are just doing what basically amounts to a thought experiment on social issues.

On the one hand, RPDR has exposed mainstream media and society to one specific microcosm of gay male culture in a way that nothing else before it has. On the other hand, it's impossible to ignore that half the reason it's popular is because the heteros love to tune in to watch drag queens be melodramatic and laugh at them. I could list a litany of issues myself and other queer friends of mine have with that show, but this is not the place.

Frankly, I'll take DBZA over RPDR any day. And Zarbon is legit one of my favorite things from DBZA Frieza Saga. I have more issues with the constant use of the Freaky Alien Genotype acronym and all the "lol, dude rape is funny, amirite?" jokes they make, than Zarbon being queer-coded in eye-rollingly stereotypical ways.

So I guess my point is that your mileage may vary as to what it is that people may or may not find objectionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Can the movie please come out early

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

How many evil points are all of these jokes?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can just not post when the discussion doesn't interest you dude

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if we just dont post

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stairmaster posted:

what if we just dont post

Please, go on ahead, we'll catch up with you later.

I caught up with DBH and it's...really not good. I can't believe I'mma have to fiend for Broly.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RBX posted:

Can the movie please come out early

Can themovie please be screened where I live at all

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like regularly cutting away from the android fight back to Turtle House where Roshi is ogling Marin kinda reduces the tension of the Android fight

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Something kaiser mentioned in the 3 hour video was how buu would be different. Much shorter episodes he said

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I can't wait to hear the TFS voices for Vegito and Gogeta, honestly

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

....I wonder when we're gonna get Bojack...

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Officially it's coming

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Onmi posted:

Officially it's coming

I kinda want all his dialogue to just be different inflections of "Yarrr!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiritus Nox posted:

the sad horse?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

Something kaiser mentioned in the 3 hour video was how buu would be different. Much shorter episodes he said

I can see that. A lot of Buu is already too silly to lend itself well to parody.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

I kinda want all his dialogue to just be different inflections of "Yarrr!"

He has at least demonstrated enough language capability to bet golf doubloons on Vegeta.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the orange haired henchwoman alien flirting with Krillin and 18 getting super pissed off

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Guy Goodbody posted:

the sad horse?

Again, coincidentally they were both in a very famous TV show back in the 90s.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

the orange haired henchwoman alien flirting with Krillin and 18 getting super pissed off

Was 18 even in that movie? I honestly don't remember.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Again, coincidentally they were both in a very famous TV show back in the 90s.

Honestly this has pretty good odds of being the intro to BA.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

chiasaur basically nailed it

i have no idea if everyone else in this thread is straight or not, but i kind of tend to assume most people on the internet are unless they explicitly say otherwise or have some kind of obvious tell (like if you had a RPDR avatar I'd probably be able to take a shot in the dark)

this means i get a little uncomfortable when i see a bunch of presumably straight people deciding that i have been horribly hurt by a joke that i actually kind of really like and was... not really offended by (and i'm not one of those weirdos who just completely doesn't care about gay jokes- i've legit ended friendships because they just could not stop that poo poo and there's a lot of 80s movies that kind of piss me off). like, as mentioned, zarbon is way way fuckin worse honestly

e:

sweet merciful lord yes please

I'm bi and I think those jokes loving suck and have never been funny.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gonna be a whole lot of lip flaps being created wholesale for Bojack's goons. I'm pretty sure that none of them have more than one or two lines of dialogue.

Rhonne posted:

Was 18 even in that movie? I honestly don't remember.

I believe she was not

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm bi and I think those jokes loving suck and have never been funny.

I'm gay and I agree, the community has spoken.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Trans, thirded, that's democracy for ya

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yo, sorry for the derail. Online culture, more or less, has moved on from Teh Gay stuff so it was a little jarring to see TFS go back to that well. I felt it was a misstep since DBZ fandom is usually pretty inclusive, but I'll kindly shut the gently caress up if it's not an issue in those communities.

Great Saiyaman when.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

FilthyImp posted:

Great Saiyaman when.

:confused:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I...

I kind of want Gohan's VA to do a faux-cell voice when he goes around in that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Oxxidation posted:

nail and kami sing the first five words of the baby back ribs commercial, endlessly

When do they say "ribs"?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
After reading the last three pages I have come to a conclusion that will satisfy everyone of all creeds and orientations.

Speedy Gonzalez is probably faster than Burter.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

VJeff posted:

After reading the last three pages I have come to a conclusion that will satisfy everyone of all creeds and orientations.

But Burter is the fastest in the universe!?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rhonne posted:

Speedy Gonzalez is from the deleted universe 20. some say he's still outrunning zeno's zenocide beams to this day

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Dio, Hit and Guldo are all technically faster than Burter

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goku is faster than Burter.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

B-bakana

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

N-NANI?!

SONNA BAKANA :stonk:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Rhonne posted:

That's, like, his thing, yanno.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Trans, thirded, that's democracy for ya

I'm poly trans gay and ace, so my vote counts four times as any of yous.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can we just agree that the DBZ Abridged gay jokes were at best really lame and at worst offensive

like freaky alien genotype isn't even a good joke

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

VJeff posted:

That'd be something. Speedy, Road Runner and Burter in a foot race.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

eonwe posted:

can we just agree that the DBZ Abridged gay jokes were at best really lame and at worst offensive

like freaky alien genotype isn't even a good joke

I'm straight as a loving rod so my opinion on this basically means nothing, but whatever, :justpost:, here's my opinions.
- Freaky Alien Genotype is a lame joke but the callback when Vegeta says it is mildly funny.
- Zarbon in general is really funny except for one specific joke, when he first transforms, he says "I'MMA RAPE YA BITCH". It's not funny and it's in puh-retty poor taste.

The very end of the Vegeta/Zarbon fight with "What's that, I couldn't hear you over the hole I made in your STOMACH" and "I'm about to blow my load all over your insides." is one of my favorite bits from season 2, personally. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

VJeff posted:

The very end of the Vegeta/Zarbon fight with "What's that, I couldn't hear you over the hole I made in your STOMACH" and "I'm about to blow my load all over your insides." is one of my favorite bits from season 2, personally. :shrug:

And then he drops a 'no homo' which kinda just kills it again.