Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's that gas that totally won't work on people wearing masks with a small pocket of air inside them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

:reject: : I'm betting that canister is full of some kind of gas!

:spidey: : :rock:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That canister looks like a fire extinguisher with the hose off.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
its a nuke. the kingpin is goin to nuke new york

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Dr. Strangeclaw over here

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Wait! If I know these gangsters, they'll have something up their sleeves!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Catching up on the thread and I love how she says "Danny...?" the same way we go "Mods...?!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

quite stretched out posted:

its a nuke. the kingpin is goin to nuke new york

That was my first thought too.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
“What’s the best way of pumping gas into a room?”

“gently caress it, just throw a giant canister in the middle of it. Works every time”

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

Catching up on the thread and I love how she says "Danny...?" the same way we go "Mods...?!"

Danny: “Turn on your monitor.”

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The holograms are causing Colleen to have an epileptic fit:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Alhazred posted:

The holograms are causing Colleen to have an epileptic fit:

Actually, I think that is a really good "Oh poo poo, they're not here! We're all about to die!" face.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'Cant we just do nothing instead?'

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"We die along with the hoodlums."

As opposed to being knocked out along with the hoodlums? I can't believe Spidey is the brains of this outfit.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

What a lovely plan, newspaper Kingpin. How about an explosive under the floor? Nah, just drop a tank of gas I guess, hope it somehow hurts someone?

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Calling it now: Spiderman ends up cushioning the tank hitting the floor with his head, knocking him unconscious

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'Look! It's Spider-Man trying to drop a gas bomb on us, shoot him!'

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Shoot webbing at it and pull it toward you then? Gotta be quicker than jumping after it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

goatface posted:

Shoot webbing at it and pull it toward you then? Gotta be quicker than jumping after it.

That would be a definite NSM move because then the canister would explode and only affect the heroes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Using knockout gas in a theater was actually attempted in Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

Long story short, knockout gas is poison gas.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

goatface posted:

The canister’s neck would snap. Spidey learned that lesson.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Cat Mattress posted:

Using knockout gas in a theater was actually attempted in Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

Long story short, knockout gas is poison gas.

Yeah, any kind of "knock out gas" is a poison. Pretty much anything is a poison, depending on dose.

In that case I'm pretty sure the gas used involved carfentanil which is a very potent opiate which would definitely just cause people to stop breathing. Which is what happened. I recall that many died because there wasn't enough reversal agent for everyone, once EMS arrived.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Colleen is fresh outta gently caress to give:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

goatface posted:

He's still learning the controls, doesn't quite get that you need to press L1+R1 to grab things, but he knows how to web swing! That's something :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He's still learning the controls, doesn't quite get that you need to press L1+R1 to grab things, but he knows how to web swing! That's something :)

There's an HOW DO I SHOT WEB gold standard joke in here somewhere. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Well that worked out perfectly.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Chinook posted:

Yeah, any kind of "knock out gas" is a poison. Pretty much anything is a poison, depending on dose.

In that case I'm pretty sure the gas used involved carfentanil which is a very potent opiate which would definitely just cause people to stop breathing. Which is what happened. I recall that many died because there wasn't enough reversal agent for everyone, once EMS arrived.

it was also because the fsb refused to tell the medical personnel what gas they used, plus the medical personnel there were prepared to treat people for trauma wounds not opiate poisoning so they didnt really have a theater full of naloxone on hand

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

noted criminal assassin spider-man

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Synthbuttrange posted:

'Look! It's Spider-Man trying to drop a gas bomb on us, shoot him!'

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

noted criminal assassin spider-man

Yeah, they must get their news from the Bugle.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

These guys just really want to shoot someone today and will make up any excuse to do it. Fire on people before they explain themselves? Fire on people that just arrived? Fire on someone in midswing carrying what looks like a bomb? Sure.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Was the plan that the gas canister would hit the floor in the hopes that that would break the nozzle off sending gas into the room? Because that's not a very reliable plan.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Johnny Walker posted:

Was the plan that the gas canister would hit the floor in the hopes that that would break the nozzle off sending gas into the room? Because that's not a very reliable plan.

Oh, but if it failed, it would've hit someone in the head, thus removing one (1) criminal from the picture, thus raising the odds for the next canister to succeed!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kingpin knew that if he dropped a blunt object anywhere in the world, nsm would be there to catch it (with his skull).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even with spider-agility and the mobsters having stormtrooper aim, he should definitely be dead now.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Lurdiak posted:

Even with spider-agility and the mobsters having stormtrooper aim, he should definitely be dead now.

Nah, dodging multiple people shooting at him is pretty standard for any version of Spider-Man. Even at closer range or with automatic weapons.

It's true that this is impressive for Newspaper Spider-Man, but they're not trying to club him with the guns or throw them at him so his spider-sense still applies here.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, but if it failed, it would've hit someone in the head, thus removing one (1) spider-man from the picture, thus raising the odds for the next canister to succeed!

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

what if they just let kingpin and claw take out all of the city's crime bosses and then stop them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ZeroCount posted:

what if they just let kingpin and claw take out all of the city's crime bosses and then stop them?

Well that still leaves the crime of NY unified.....wait a minute no it doesn't. It just starts a massive gang war because there's a hierarchy. Which Claw and Co might win, but the war is inevitable.

Which would probably be the motivation if this were a smarter comic, but if it were we wouldn't love it like we do.