Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's different, but not different in a way that's inherently worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I wouldn’t even have noticed the difference if someone didn’t post the side by side

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JahRoo posted:

I wouldn’t even have noticed the difference if someone didn’t post the side by side

Hell I still didn't notice until someone pointed it out.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I think Overhaul looks fine

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's not the color I was expecting the mask to be tbh. otherwise I don't really care

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the only difference that makes the anime look worse is the shading, which is something the anime would have to do some all might-style 'overhaul is in a different art style' poo poo to make work

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

Issue 15 of 2017 is where you're gonna want to start.

E: Specifically, the first chapter after volume 14 is 129, which is in the March 13, 2017 issue. Also keep in mind that you'll probably have to separately buy past issues, I'm not quite sure how that works.

Ok thanks! I just found out vol 15 comes out early next month so I’ll find stuff from there, but now i have a jumping off point at least

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Yeah, there are some minor changes but the biggest difference is shading. As with Shigaraki, I think the he looks fine animated. :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ok thanks! I just found out vol 15 comes out early next month so I’ll find stuff from there, but now i have a jumping off point at least

You'll wanna start on the May 22, 2017 issue after that.

stoic665
Nov 8, 2009

gmq posted:

My twitter TL is going crazy with how Overhaul looks.
https://twitter.com/Erenatsuki/status/1043522773807714306

Beak too small, may I have a bigger beak please.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hello Toucan Sam.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
New Vigilantes: https://imgur.com/gallery/uwkDF7t

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Out of costume Pop Step is really cute.

also drat, that quirk just keeps getting better and better.
Gliding nothing, if he trained he probably could have had flight, a repulsive force field, and long range kinetic blasts in his arsenal.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Overhaul looks fine?? His mask is slightly simplified because they dropped excessive lines (which is always done for anime designs) and his bangs are shorter, kinda.

Like that's it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Overhaul got a longer mask so he's obviously compensating for something at this point.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I am glad that even in his absence, grandpa fist is still proving to be an example of what not to do.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Hunt11 posted:

I am glad that even in his absence, grandpa fist is still proving to be an example of what not to do.

He better show up again soon. This comic isn't quite the same without him around to extralegally punch crooks.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hey I'm only reading the collected volumes in english and have caught up (vol. 14), but I'd like to read the single stories in Jump, so I subscribed today. What issue of Jump should I try to look for to continue where the last collected volume ended off?

Waffleman_ posted:

Issue 15 of 2017 is where you're gonna want to start.

E: Specifically, the first chapter after volume 14 is 129, which is in the March 13, 2017 issue. Also keep in mind that you'll probably have to separately buy past issues, I'm not quite sure how that works.

Good news: you can buy past issues here: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/section/38828/more

Bad news: unless I missed something, you can only buy up to 12 issues ago. So if you didn't buy them when they were available, you're sol.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Crasical posted:

Gliding nothing, if he trained he probably could have had flight, a repulsive force field, and long range kinetic blasts in his arsenal.

Assuming that he's going to continue improving, he's basically going to wind up with the basic Iron Man toolkit with a hint of Spider-Man, yeah.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gmq posted:

My twitter TL is going crazy with how Overhaul looks.
https://twitter.com/Erenatsuki/status/1043522773807714306

The funny thing is, that is how his mask was drawn sometimes:

There are a few other moments too, though I'd have to reread the comic to find them. I actually noticed the change when reading it back when the arc was being published; the size difference was pretty noticeable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Hell I still didn't notice until someone pointed it out.

Yeah.

Dangerous Person posted:

Overall I think Overhaul looks fine

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
His forehead might have been a little long, but the real travesty was not using his theme song. We didn't get You Say Bombing Run until the Big 3 entrance too!

LostRook fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 23, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe he just has a bunch of different masks?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Crasical posted:

koichi could have seriously been the number 2 hero

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

koichi's mother is the greatest villain in japan

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Patware posted:

popstep accidentally falling into that river is secretly the greatest national tragedy

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Elfgames posted:

koichi could have seriously been the number 2 hero

Looking at Hawks, I'd say that seems pretty unlikely. Definitely top ten material, though.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Crasical posted:

It’s a very cute Clark Kent/Peter Parker type vibe where she looks like a shy dorky nerd-type in a school uniform, and then gets to really express herself as her extroverted idol alter ego :3:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

where's a good place to read Vigilantes?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

They even included Jim Mazinger in the club. :allears:

Poltergrift posted:

He better show up again soon. This comic isn't quite the same without him around to extralegally punch crooks.

I'm fine with Knuckleduster no longer coming back, outside of maybe a look at how he and his daughter are picking up the pieces of their lives. Let the guy enjoy his happy ending. That and Koichi learning to take up the slack fits in with MHA's themes about legacies.

I'm just thinking of Marvel and DC bungling up the concept of legacies by having the mentor/original hero come back to take up the mantle again, or how a character could get a happy ending but it gets undone because a new writer wanted to use them.

Patware posted:

You'd think that if Koichi's mom was worried about him flying off as a baby that she'd seek some medical professionals or something to get some advice. But having to hit her kid all the time for using his skills until he was conditioned not to try much with it was pretty awful of her.

Carlosologist posted:

where's a good place to read Vigilantes?

This account has chapters 15 until the current one. I'm not sure where to find the earlier chapters though.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
What? Just read vigilantes on Viz

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/my-hero-academia-vigilantes

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Or buy a viz subscription and never read on their web browser ever because it's an abomination that should be purged from this earth.

E: I should specify, buy a subscription so you don't feel bad about stealing other poo poo. Vigilantes is free all around, i think.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Coffee Mugshot posted:

What? Just read vigilantes on Viz

can't do that if you aren't american

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Andrast posted:

heh, ever heard of central and south AMERICA

owned

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

E: I should specify, buy a subscription so you don't feel bad about stealing other poo poo. Vigilantes is free all around, i think.
i would never pay anyone for anything, usa readers can definitely get vigilantes for no cost. really a bargain

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

Well now I know. That's unfortunate, sorry about not being constructive to the non American readers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

The funny thing is, that is how his mask was drawn sometimes:

There are a few other moments too, though I'd have to reread the comic to find them. I actually noticed the change when reading it back when the arc was being published; the size difference was pretty noticeable.

more than the size, the mask looks like it's made of a different material in the manga

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mraagvpeine posted:

Good news: you can buy past issues here: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/section/38828/more

Bad news: unless I missed something, you can only buy up to 12 issues ago. So if you didn't buy them when they were available, you're sol.

drat

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

amigolupus posted:

You'd think that if Koichi's mom was worried about him flying off as a baby that she'd seek some medical professionals or something to get some advice. But having to hit her kid all the time for using his skills until he was conditioned not to try much with it was pretty awful of her.

It just occurred to me, but aren't quirks suppose to manifest around the age of 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

It just occurred to me, but aren't quirks suppose to manifest around the age of 4?

That is usually the latest, or the most common age it manifests if one hasn't shown itself by that point. Recall that the very first Quirk showed itself right after birth.