Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm excited for next week's Zi-O. Out of all the series there's been, Faiz for some reason receives an incredible amount of love and care in the stuff they've done post-series with it, and I'm happy with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

for some reason

I believe the reason is because Faiz owns. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I guess it's justiΦd then.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Craptacular! posted:

My thought for a while is Noel is secretly a gangler. We already know gangler can appear as humans because of that frozen guy who hasn’t appeared in forever, and our only proven example of a gangler in disguise is a Japanese dude dressed in a poncho using gratuitous Spanish like some kind of bad impression of foreigner stereotypes.

Replace the espanol with francias and you have Noel.

Loads of the Gangler have been disguised as humans as part of their plan, though? The cameraman from the worst episode? The aerobics instructor?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hopefully the show ends and the only people not Ganglers are the Pats...who MURDER THEM ALL, roll credits.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Woz is great, and I can't wait for him to destroy all the other riders and become the greatest Oma Zi-O.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pyroi posted:

Woz is great, and I can't wait for him to destroy all the other riders and become the greatest Oma Zi-O.

But Woz is the one person that actually wants Sougo to become Oma Zi-O, I don't think he wants the power for himself. He's just very happy with a future ruled by a tyrant evil demon lord with all the Rider powers ever.

Considering what the Time Jackers have said, he's also the one person in this series that is succeeding. Despite Tsukuyomi's efforts, Sougo is only getting closer to his future self and he keeps getting more powers and erasing more Riders. And despite the Time Jackers' efforts, the Another Riders never last enough to take that Time King crown, whatever the hell that implies.

The quality of cameos this time was rock-bottom but at least it never felt like Gentaro was just forgotten, so that was acceptable. FourzeArmor is also pretty cool, even if it didn't have a funny moment like the previous two, but Another Fourze doing every pose made up for it.

Next time is Faiz and...actually, how the hell are these two alive? Both of them should be dead. I expect 6.5 to focus on that, but it may just be due to alterations to time...or it's just, you know, fanservice. That's fully acceptable too.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah, Faiz should at least be dead. Either erased from the timeline via the Drive time-fuckery movie, or just end of lifespan'd due to being an Orphnoch.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Obviously, when the whole thing with Badan went down, Masato escaped from Hell. Takumi got time hosed by the Kamen Rider 4 mess, so now he's just alive and well. Or it's actually the Great Leader. One of the two.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm happy my two fave monsterboys are back and hating each other. Zi-O was a lot better than the last few episodes.

coconono fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 3, 2018

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I guess it's justiΦd then.

:perfect:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I don't see the issue, the Police in Japan are nowhere near as institutionally corrupt as in the US(probably helps that they are a lot less free to use lethal force than American cops)

going slightly off-topic but while I get being distrustful of the Police as an institution in the US(as it's rather corrupt and in need of reform), trying to paint all police as being bad like I see often in these parts is being disgustingly dishonest

If you're a cop and you don't speak out against the bad ones you're a bad one too hope this helps

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Blockhouse posted:

hahahaha

yeah the Japanese legal system's 99% conviction rate is because the cops are just really good at their jobs and definitely not because japanese police only investigate really easy crimes or crimes they know they can coerce someone into confessing to

Coq au Nandos posted:

Jim Carter is a problem.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Caphi posted:

Loads of the Gangler have been disguised as humans as part of their plan, though? The cameraman from the worst episode? The aerobics instructor?

They’re all quirky, and Noel certainly has his quirks and logic holes. Wouldn’t surprise if Lupinranger is simply a plot to knock off gangler leadership from within, and Noel’s job is to infiltrate the police so they don’t get too close to figuring it out.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There's no reason to assume that at least two instances of Noel being visibly affected by the Lupinranger damage were lies for the camera.

Kogure is obviously suspicious but if Noel is acting he's done a lot of acting for the benefit of people who would not benefit him by being fooled or in situations where it would be to his detriment.

There is something different about him because he needs others to summon his vehicles (and honestly this might simply be because he doesn't have a VS Changer), but the show hasn't put any suspicious light on his claims that he's trying to save somebody same as the other Lupinrangers.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If you're a cop and you don't speak out against the bad ones you're a bad one too hope this helps

Eh that is massively over simplifying things, most of the time that's just going to lead to the ones who aren't awful to either get sacked or something worse, honestly this is one of those situations where there's not really a solution that won't probably just make things worse

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

My money is on Noel being a collection piece and trying to save Arsene, or something equally just weird out there like that.

Also lol at not noticing the police yelling at ganglers to stop in their megaphones and beat the crap out of them while they're lined up and standing still while their megaphone batons are yelling to stop resisting arrest. Nope, nosiree, nothing toxic about this police force.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I remember Dekaranger was weird because they had this infalible judgement system in place, but at least they had some sort of due process instead of Ganglers being universally evil just because so that it's okay to blow them up. And you know sometimes the first suspect wasn't actually guilty and the Dekarangers made mistakes! Instead in Lupat we have one time a Gangler might be good turn out surprise, they were being manipulated by a collection piece and are actual evil just like the rest.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

My money is on Noel being a collection piece and trying to save Arsene, or something equally just weird out there like that.

Also lol at not noticing the police yelling at ganglers to stop in their megaphones and beat the crap out of them while they're lined up and standing still while their megaphone batons are yelling to stop resisting arrest. Nope, nosiree, nothing toxic about this police force.

I reckon Noel is Arsene's son.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If he is, it's grand or great-grand. Him being Lupin descendant is just kinda too obvious plotline, but we are talking about children's morning TV.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caphi posted:

There is something different about him because he needs others to summon his vehicles (and honestly this might simply be because he doesn't have a VS Changer), but the show hasn't put any suspicious light on his claims that he's trying to save somebody same as the other Lupinrangers.

I mostly agree with you but I don't think that's the end of it. The series has been very careful about actually revealing Noel's goals, and he escaped in uncharacteristic fear from a Collection piece whose only known effect was to reveal the truth or something to that extent. He's hiding something, very blatantly at that, so that alone makes him hard to trust.

Potsticker posted:

I remember Dekaranger was weird because they had this infalible judgement system in place, but at least they had some sort of due process instead of Ganglers being universally evil just because so that it's okay to blow them up. And you know sometimes the first suspect wasn't actually guilty and the Dekarangers made mistakes! Instead in Lupat we have one time a Gangler might be good turn out surprise, they were being manipulated by a collection piece and are actual evil just like the rest.

I feel it's important to remember that we aren't seeing random Ganglers here. They aren't just normal people sent to fight, every single Gangler we've seen is part of the mafia, who are, you know, usually not particularly nice people. I still feel there's a weird police brutality feel to it all but that's normal for these shows, pretty much the only series I felt did it right was Timeranger (and, adaptation-wise, SPD), and ultimately I can kind of see how the series wants us to just accept "they're all evil" because this isn't the whole race, just a particular subset that, again, is the mafia.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel it's important to remember that we aren't seeing random Ganglers here. They aren't just normal people sent to fight, every single Gangler we've seen is part of the mafia, who are, you know, usually not particularly nice people. I still feel there's a weird police brutality feel to it all but that's normal for these shows, pretty much the only series I felt did it right was Timeranger (and, adaptation-wise, SPD), and ultimately I can kind of see how the series wants us to just accept "they're all evil" because this isn't the whole race, just a particular subset that, again, is the mafia.

See, I don't think there is such a thing as random, non-mafia Ganglers. As far as the show has gone, they're a race of all-mafiosos. There's no deep lore here, they're just monsters in a kids show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This week's gangler was just a nice gun aficionado on a stroll pass the gun museum with a good dog who liked to sniff things that happen to be guns.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Next time is Faiz and...actually, how the hell are these two alive? Both of them should be dead. I expect 6.5 to focus on that, but it may just be due to alterations to time...or it's just, you know, fanservice. That's fully acceptable too.

Another Faiz is alive, and when an Another Rider exists, the timeline is altered so that the original Rider never existed. This would mean Kusaka wouldn't have used the Kaixa Gear (because it doesn't exist) and wouldn't have died from that, and as for Takumi I think you can make the argument that he just hasn't died yet. We did see Orphnochs that were older, so it's not as if they don't live past 30 or something.

Or it could've just altered the timeline so that Orphnochs didn't exist. Riders come into being in response to a threat existing, so if that threat disappears, the reason for the Rider existing would be too. In fact, we kind of see proof of that in this week's episode. When Another Fourze is created, not only does Gentaro stop being Fourze, the Zodiarts he's fighting vanishes too.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Im curious if people who should be dead in their regular timeline are aware of the change. Speculative spoilers Based off context clues it appears Another Fourze/Faiz first came from the Faiz timeline. He has been using the Another Rider power to keep the current Libra girl alive but the power started failing. This explains the Libra girls weariness when she first appeared. It also explains why the guy didnt freak out meeting the Timejacker in Fourze's time and why the Timejacker (forgot his name) didnt ask for a contract and instead called it an experiment when he shoved Another Fourze in him. Either this or now not being dead made Kusaka aware of what was going on and so ,in classic Kusaka fashion, he is trying to kill the girl cause he thinks it will correct the timeline.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Hmm, you might be right. Kusaka is a piece of poo poo and uses the hell out of people but at least as far as I remember he wasn't murderously violent towards anyone that wasn't an Orphnoch, so something else might be going on. I didn't even catch those context clues.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its all lies and madness, I'm just glad Takumi is back and tired of all this bullshit.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Or it could've just altered the timeline so that Orphnochs didn't exist. Riders come into being in response to a threat existing, so if that threat disappears, the reason for the Rider existing would be too. In fact, we kind of see proof of that in this week's episode. When Another Fourze is created, not only does Gentaro stop being Fourze, the Zodiarts he's fighting vanishes too.

Kind of necessary since otherwise the earth would several years gone :v:.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
The Kamen Rider Zi-O episode was fun but the Fourze stuff really did feel like a last minute rewrite. What did the "shooting star" plot point have to do with anything? Maybe we'll find out next week, but it's weird to specifically bring up Ryusei when, as far as we know, his actor isn't coming back either. Maybe they were originally planning to have him on but couldn't? Either way, the Kamen Rider Club's ongoing existence is a fun bit of fanservice, even if it now seems made up of dweebuses.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love that Geiz's sole contribution to defeating the Another Riders is working out anger issues. Each episode he keeps hitting the loving things, knowing that it won't do anything but he's a little more mellow each time afterwards.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Fred is on posted:

What did the "shooting star" plot point have to do with anything? Maybe we'll find out next week, but it's weird to specifically bring up Ryusei when, as far as we know, his actor isn't coming back either.

The Ryusei School was a plot point in Faiz, but it's been so long ago, and Faiz didn't really have that coherent a long term plot, that I don't know how it was supposed to be a good clue from Woz.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject but just a reminder that the new Gridman anime begins this Saturday and Crunchyroll has just picked it up (which makes their decision not to do R/B even weirder to be honest)

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/09/28/crunchyroll-announces-final-fairy-tail-anime-and-more-for-fall-2018

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Not going to lie I'm a little sad the faiz stuff didn't go in the direction I hoped and have a time jacker turn kusaka into another faiz.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drrockso20 posted:

Eh that is massively over simplifying things, most of the time that's just going to lead to the ones who aren't awful to either get sacked or something worse, honestly this is one of those situations where there's not really a solution that won't probably just make things worse

Nah, gently caress off bootlicker

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nah, gently caress off bootlicker

I'm just being realistic here, I didn't say it was a good thing

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There's a hundred threads in D&D and the like for the police discussion. gently caress off with it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Larryb posted:

Off the subject but just a reminder that the new Gridman anime begins this Saturday and Crunchyroll has just picked it up (which makes their decision not to do R/B even weirder to be honest)

How? It's the anime of the season from an extremely popular animation studio, versus the latest series of a live action franchise considered niche in the west and that often gets derisingly compared to Power Rangers

e: plus, this is a Funi license, they don't have any bearing on CR's drama offerings least that I know of

Ignis fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 4, 2018

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's a hundred threads in D&D and the like for the police discussion. gently caress off with it.

Yeah I'm done with it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ignis posted:

How? It's the anime of the season from an extremely popular animation studio, versus the latest series of a live action franchise considered niche in the west and that often gets derisingly compared to Power Rangers

e: plus, this is a Funi license, they don't have any bearing on CR's drama offerings least that I know of

Ah, nevermind then. I just thought that since it was technically a Tsuburaya property it would fall under the same license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

New Zi-O Q2 scans are up.

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/10/04/kamen-rider-zi-o-q2-catalog-scans-released-introducing-kamen-rider-woz-56065

- Build and Geiz get upgrade forms
- KAMEN RIDER WOZ