Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Billzasilver posted:

how many powerups would kefla need to beat jiren?

No amount of power-ups can make a fusion succeed. Getting a higher form would only mean the fusion would time out before accomplishing its goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Manatee Cannon posted:

I feel like people get more upset about dt than they do other people because it's rare for anyone to agree with him and thus he presents an easier target

Look if someone tells you that the sky is green and pineapples are a type of fungus you're well within your rights to tell them they're dumb and wrong.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hey hey hey let’s not get hasty thrown green skyism under the bus to make a point.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Blaze Dragon posted:

SS4 was designed by Nakatsuru, yes, and Toriyama had nothing to do with the writing of GT, but he still did art for it. He designed Goku, Trunks and Pan (so he's completely to blame for Goku's horrible colour-coordination and Trunks' terrible outfit) and he was to blame for Pan not becoming a Super Saiyan. presumably he was expected to draw that too, but never did.

Less importantly, he designed the GT logo.

Her competence is due to that, yes, but not her lack of transformations (it probably contributed though). Super Saiyan alone does not make you competent or important, as Goten and Trunks (especially in GT!) prove.

I guess it looked too fierce on a woman or something? I can't tell either, especially since it's not like it looks any different in Caulifla than it did in any previous Saiyan.

No Pan not going super Saiyan totally Toei going well if she's too strong she can't get saved. Toriyama going he can't draw female super saiyans because they'd be too muscular (until Torotaro drew it and then he went ohhhhh) is a totally separate stupid thing.

There's a lot of stupid with women and Dragonball and Torotaro's one saving grace is that he doesn't have that. His Bra vs Pan fight in dragonball AF was cool.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

nah DT has some extremely hosed up and awful opinions even disregarding his bad taste in Dragonball

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Look if someone tells you that the sky is green and pineapples are a type of fungus you're well within your rights to tell them they're dumb and wrong.

you can disagree with someone without insulting them for their opinion. apparently that is impossible for most people reading dt posts tho

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Nothing sets off a Dragonball fan more than praising GT and bringing up the fact Tien sucks.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Blaze Dragon posted:

I guess it looked too fierce on a woman or something? I can't tell either, especially since it's not like it looks any different in Caulifla than it did in any previous Saiyan.

I imagine it had something to do with not being able to figure out a fitting hair style. Like, take Goku's Super Saiyan hairstyle and stick it on Pan, that poo poo'd look goofy as gently caress. In fact, I'm pretty sure every Super Saiyan has a slightly different hairstyle.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was funny when pregnant Videl went second hand Super Saiyan.

Also, can't help but picture Bra and Pan being a female version of Goten and Trunks. (and for some reason also picturing the Angry Beavers' little sisters) I forget how much of an age difference there is between them.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was funny when pregnant Videl went second hand Super Saiyan.

Also, can't help but picture Bra and Pan being a female version of Goten and Trunks. (and for some reason also picturing the Angry Beavers' little sisters) I forget how much of an age difference there is between them.

Pans a year older.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I don't know if this has been posted already but ooooh boy has cartoon network made a powerful enemy: the latin american fanbase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn-3n8jzN2Y

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Oct 4, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kild posted:

Pans a year older.

So pretty much Goten and Trunks, ha.

...would they be Bran?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

According to Fusions, it's Bulpan.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Isn't there a Dragonball thing happening in Japan today? Something related to the new Broly movie? I thought I read somewhere that we could potentially be expecting some news or a new trailer or something.

edit: I'm remembering now that it was supposed to be Friday, which I thought today was, but it kind of will be Friday in Japan soon, so maybe just ignore this

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stNcR94uM5w

e: meant this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vbgtk4ZuWs

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
poo poo, this completely retcons Bardock's last stand.

Why

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So the whole "first part of the movie is an extended look into the past" theory seems p accurate.
That naked first form Frieza though. :stare:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Why

It was already retconned in dragon ball minus.

Doesn't make the retcon any less lovely.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Why

Because Toriyama already did it with Minus, and this is adapting both that and the Broly movies.

Still...geez. The movie looks amazing, and I'm hyped for it, but adapting two things I really don't like and that I genuinely think are some of the worst things Dragon Ball created sure puts a damper on that. I'd rather ignore something as good as Jaco ended in loving Minus, but I guess it's happening. Hopefully Toriyama will at least inject a bit of Bardock's original personality here instead of the Minus one, but I heavily doubt it. At least the family angle with the Vegetas, Bardock/Kakarot and Paragus/Broly should be interesting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish they'd just gently caress off with Bardock already. He's really lame.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Monaghan posted:

It was already retconned in dragon ball minus.

Doesn't make the retcon any less lovely.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Because Toriyama already did it with Minus, and this is adapting both that and the Broly movies.

Still...geez. The movie looks amazing, and I'm hyped for it, but adapting two things I really don't like and that I genuinely think are some of the worst things Dragon Ball created sure puts a damper on that. I'd rather ignore something as good as Jaco ended in loving Minus, but I guess it's happening. Hopefully Toriyama will at least inject a bit of Bardock's original personality here instead of the Minus one, but I heavily doubt it. At least the family angle with the Vegetas, Bardock/Kakarot and Paragus/Broly should be interesting.

To be fair, Minus was set a month before Freezer destroyed Planet Vegeta so there was still possible to cram the Special in continuity.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It looks so drat good. Love the changes. We barely know anything about the Saiyans as it is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I should probably read Minus to find out why it's the worst.

I already believe it's bad, just because of the inconsistencies I can see with Goku falling into earth and because it seems to be deleting all the cool saiyan women we saw from the anime special, but I'm curious about how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Least it seems like it isn’t motivated by Goku crying. Not happy about them going with the minus recon. If I recall minus basically makes Goku Superman.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I didn't know Minus was even canon. All I've really seen of it was Goku in Saiyan armor as a child so I thought it was some What-If scenario if he went to Earth but was a bit older.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Andrast posted:

I wish they'd just gently caress off with Bardock already. He's really lame.

Nakatsuru!Bardock is actually really cool, since the special never actually tries to sell him as a hero and it's clear that we're following a villain protagonist here, it just so happens that he's facing someone even worse than he is. He never repents or changes, and while he dies happy, it's because he knows the son he didn't give the slightest of a poo poo about before will actually take revenge for him, not because he has a clear heart or something like that. He's a very different PoV character for Dragon Ball, heavily contrasting his son.

Toriyama!Bardock is awful and I'm really not happy to see him here. Ooishi!Bardock is even worse but we can safely ignore Episode of Bardock completely.

I guess it says a lot about Bardock that every writer seems to have their own interpretation of the character and it isn't the main writer that genuinely did him best.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

To be fair, Minus was set a month before Freezer destroyed Planet Vegeta so there was still possible to cram the Special in continuity.

Only that part. Goku is several years older in Minus than he was in Bardock: Father of Goku, and Bardock seems to completely lack the psychic powers that actually made the special possible, not to mention how he acts entirely differently than he did in the special. You had to really force it to have both together.

Herms translated the trailer, and it confirms we're retconning the poo poo out of said special. Goku is now the same age as Vegeta instead of several years younger.
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1047869411078561792

Shindragon posted:

Least it seems like it isn’t motivated by Goku crying. Not happy about them going with the minus recon. If I recall minus basically makes Goku Superman.

Goku was already Superman but Minus makes him even more Superman, yes.

TheLoneStar posted:

I didn't know Minus was even canon. All I've really seen of it was Goku in Saiyan armor as a child so I thought it was some What-If scenario if he went to Earth but was a bit older.

Minus was written by Toriyama so that already gave it canon status by default, but Jaco appearing in Resurrection "F" sealed the deal, since Jaco exists to lead to Minus in the first place (despite Jaco being a much stronger manga than that horrible one-shot).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At least if it adapting Minus, that Gine will probably show up.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Still holding out for the reveal that Cell is the wife 17 keeps mentioning and the Cell Jr.s are the adopted kids.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

Only that part. Goku is several years older in Minus than he was in Bardock: Father of Goku, and Bardock seems to completely lack the psychic powers that actually made the special possible, not to mention how he acts entirely differently than he did in the special. You had to really force it to have both together.

I never said it would fit perfectly, but one could still assume Bardock getting psychic powers and defying Freezer could happen.

Looking at the trailer again, and is pretty lame every Saiyan use the same armor now, makes everything look so bland.

At least they kind of acknowledge the special

Also, NuBroly got his first SDBH card and he's known as Broly-Br

Thus, he's Broly-Broly :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rirse posted:

At least if it adapting Minus, that Gine will probably show up.

She appears in the trailer, so there's no probably there.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I never said it would fit perfectly, but one could still assume Bardock getting psychic powers and defying Freezer could happen.

Looking at the trailer again, and is pretty lame every Saiyan use the same armor now, makes everything look so bland.

At least they kind of acknowledge the special

Also, NuBroly got his first SDBH card and he's known as Broly-Br

Thus, he's Broly-Broly :v:

The small cameos from Bardock's gang are neat, I can't imagine they weren't done on purpouse considering Broly's scars reference how he lost in each movie. I don't think they'll actually do anything, but hey, it's a nice callback. I agree on the armour thing as well.

And oh. He's Brazilian Broly.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Where is Freeza's shirt?

Also they seem to be making this a generational dispute. Should be interesting, if only for an extended look at Saiyan culture.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Minus is weird as it’s basically what if everything that made Bardock and the saiyans in general didn’t happen?

It’s basically the same thing that happened to Big Boss in Metal Gear

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

We're probably going to reach a point that comic book fans are used to with choose-your-own-continuity.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Frieza put a loving shirt on.

Also why is he so pink?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Mr Satan isn't necessarily wrong about the party being a cover for an underground auction of stolen mega-weapons...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I wonder if the reason Broly and his dad are fighting them is not the dumb "I got driven insane due to his crying" and now "You revived the guy who genocide our race, why!".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That would make them really sympathetic and actually the heroes and I don’t think Dragonball can handle that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hm, and being in some frontier planet or whatever, they probably only got news of Freeza's death by the time he was revived.

Which is lol.

But that'd be kinda neat.

Then Future Trunks comes visit and Broly and his dad take him out to Cracker Barrel to thank him for stopping Freeza and his dad, thus ending space tyranny for some years.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Broly being the actual protagonist would be hilarious but we saw when they “tried” to make Goku look like the bad guy before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rirse posted:

I wonder if the reason Broly and his dad are fighting them is not the dumb "I got driven insane due to his crying" and now "You revived the guy who genocide our race, why!".

Except that they're wearing Freezer's army's new armors, implying they're working for Freezer.

If anything, is more likely Paragus is again, trying to gently caress over Vegeta due King Vegeta loving him over, to begin with.