Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

JaySB posted:

I hate the announcer's weird inflection at the end of every sentence

Never thought I’d say this but I’d prefer Bruce Buffer at this point

Defenestrategy posted:

is Announcer or Miesha Tate the worst part of production?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Would be cool if they got a good bjj master to commentate instead of Meisha Tate

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nice Sweep.

edit: This is gonna end by stalling DQ...

edit2: Referee is calling an audible, match will continue

edit3: Another nice sweep jeeze.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 6, 2018

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Oh good an unlimited overtime, just what this fight needed.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Lol Frank

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Satoshi going for the third hook.

edit: Satoshi wins.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
this is stinking up the place.

and weirdly contrarian take incoming but i honestly haven't minded meisha on commentating. obviously i'd love it if they'd gotten rogan for it but i'm ok with it. maybe it's just been because the fights have been so excellent i'm just in a great mood.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

this is stinking up the place.

and weirdly contrarian take incoming but i honestly haven't minded meisha on commentating. obviously i'd love it if they'd gotten rogan for it but i'm ok with it. maybe it's just been because the fights have been so excellent i'm just in a great mood.

It did its purpose, its a piss break and allows the teams to rest for a bit.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the name of this song and why do I know it?

Also its super old but I love the Saku mask.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Who the gently caress is in the Lucha Mask, and please tell me they'll wrestle in it?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defenestrategy posted:

Who the gently caress is in the Lucha Mask, and please tell me they'll wrestle in it?

Dan Strauss.

Edit- Dan, not Daniel.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Defenestrategy posted:

It did its purpose, its a piss break and allows the teams to rest for a bit.

good call. nice silver lining. just leaves our actually good combatants fresher.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Penalty for hair products

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a pro-fighter, I love the cryptocurrency Bitcoin.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

drat Craig Jones is so impressive. I sincerely hope Boogeyman isn't hurt too bad, that was loving nasty.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Be part of the Bitcoin economy

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

loving Bit Coin commercial are you serious?

edit: Not really sure who the lower time limit favors. On one hand the lighter dude only has to last four or so minutes, on the other hand the heavier dude can push the pace without a fear of gassing.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 6, 2018

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The music is so good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the rules are loving inscrutable to me but i really don't like them

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sick pass to side control.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

the rules are loving inscrutable to me but i really don't like them

Seems pretty clear really.

No heel hooks and aggressive calls for not advancing or keeping motion going.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Seems pretty clear really.

No heel hooks and aggressive calls for not advancing or keeping motion going.

fair enough, but i think the time limit and the obvious advantage finishing your opponent has in this format that the guys are plenty motivated to do their utmost to win and the calls that they're not doing enough seems bullshit to me

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

great fight. both guys had moments.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

wow if he's able to stall jones for 4 minutes that's a great win for tam

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Here. We. Go!!!!!!!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Such a sweet back take to RNC

I need to try out RNCs tomorrow

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this will be so sick.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

so deep. holy poo poo ryan

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

God drat. Gordon is so good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

JaySB posted:

God drat. Gordon is so good.

yeah it's loving crazy how much of a domination that was

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I think that's it. Gregors shoulder has to be hosed a bit from that Kimura earlier.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Watching Craig and Gordon roll is like seeing the current horizon of BJJ and the future

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

spb posted:

Watching Craig and Gordon roll is like seeing the current horizon of BJJ and the future

it really is.

what i saw there as the major difference was danaher. ryan just had a plan every single step of the way and baited jones into giving him exactly what he wanted. he was literally never out of control after he got his head out of the arm in guillotine and just followed the steps to submission perfectly.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

drat ribeiro's giving it his all but that's a long time to have ryan on your back

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

These transitions are so slick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

god drat beautiful stuff

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

JaySB posted:

These transitions are so slick

i don't even see them. he's just somehow positioned perfectly for an armbar and i have no idea how it happened.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This fight will be sick, if Gregor is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Holy crap that was a nice standing switch.

You'd think with how big this ring is there'd be less ring outs, but I suppose grappling expands to fill the space. The ring could be a mile square and there'd still be ring outs.