Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

did you think the show was actually about loving and then girls having tons of actual pregnancies and giving actual birth to kids

the bit I caught of the moral panic that happened when that game came out *checks watch* while I was in kindergarten heavily implied this was the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Huh. In a surprise move my wife wants to 3ep test Goblin Slayer. I guess I'm finding out if it gets more or less or equally rapey.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If you are going to watch forty four more minutes of goblin slayer I'm going to politely but firmly request you make a thread for it and discuss it there

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

More Goblins?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Expect My Mom posted:

If you are going to watch forty four more minutes of goblin slayer I'm going to politely but firmly request you make a thread for it and discuss it there

I'm not interested enough in the show alone to make a thread about it beyond what I've already said, but I am still curious on how divisive it is. Gimme a day I'll cook something up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Agronox posted:

that is exactly what i thought

DisDisDis posted:

the bit I caught of the moral panic that happened when that game came out *checks watch* while I was in kindergarten heavily implied this was the case

the game its an anime of is rated the jp equivalent to T, which is lower than stuff liker nier and dangan ronpa. the game's honestly a really soft cero c too, they could make the exact same game and just cut out the vague pregnancy innuendo and get an E10 equivalent. It's level of 'comic mischief' is on the same level as, like, my hero academia.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 10, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

before anyone asks why i know so much about this game, my ex was really into the two-tone hair girl from conception 2

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

lol

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's some extremely disgusting stuff airing this season that i can't believe people are being allowed to talk about in this forum without punishment. honestly i thought we had higher standards. i am talking of course about the show where a monster picks a boy from a middle school yearbook and then forcibly marries him without any choice on his part, Jingai-san no Yome

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hrm

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
and it's vore too!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They eat concrete.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

MAL says the boy becomes the creature's wife.
A lot to unpack.

Here it is dancing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCAVPZTjKkg

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I watched the first ep of fairy tail, it was still same old idiots doing idiot things, which is good, but it's one year later and they're all supposed to be powered up nowbut I dunno if watching that poo poo in 1 ep installments is gonna get old quick. I'll give it the 3ep test, maybe they'll condense it well enough since they don't have to wait for manga now :shrug:

Index3 ep1 sure was a thing alright.

kimi ni naru is good. neighbour vampire too.

lol

Endorph posted:

did you think the show was actually about loving and then girls having tons of actual pregnancies and giving actual birth to kids
wait, are you saying conception isn't a documentary on the teen pregnancy problem??

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's been fun everyone. Let's wrap it up on a positive note ok?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

It's been fun everyone. Let's wrap it up on a positive note ok?

Great job everyone! We did it! High fives

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

But I haven't seen it all yet...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Unfortunately, it looks like they might go for an anime-original ending

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Can't wait for the plot twist where one specific show arrives just in time to save Anime

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dehry posted:

More Goblins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8HV7ogbas

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

before anyone asks why i know so much about this game, my ex was really into the two-tone hair girl from conception 2

She was a pretty interesting character. Definitely one of the better routes of the game.

I know a lot about the game because I 100% completed the character routes.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The banter in Bunny Girl Senpai is pretty top notch. Gonna be pretty sad when she inevitably disappears from MC's memory :(

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yaknow I'm almost impressed a show as utterly hard up for incest as My Sister, My Writer was able to keep it in its pants for the four minutes it did but once that fell by the wayside it crashed and burned pretty horrendously culmanating in the show parading it's lack of a gently caress like it was Center Stage of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Conception is, at most, inoffensive.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

conception is terrible

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wrong thread! Sorry!

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 10, 2018

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm really glad I found this thread because it's nice to have other people to chat with about the show other than my wife and sister :). I'm not referring to Rin Setsu A/Enigmatic Gale as "vapey" though, sorry.

Good season so far although the cliffhanger ending of episode 2 was a little jarring since I'm not used to that from Urobuchi.

I'm really surprised that Shou Fu Kan's DIY magic scroll band aid workshop project was successful. I really didn't think it would work. I also noticed that although he could read the scroll he didn't really test whether or not he could still pull things out of it.

What's the deal with the cop (glasses guy)? My wife thinks he's a member of the bug gang but I think he really is what he says he is (a cop or equivalent) although he's probably not trying to arrest Shou Fu Kan as much he probably wants the Index for himself. I also wonder if he's onto Enigmatic Gale being way too nice and cooperative and I wonder if he's not trying to con Enigmatic Gale too somehow.

Princess of Cruelty owns because she doesn't fight directly and she preyed on 2 of Shou Fu Kan's biggest weaknesses, large crowds of enemies and his compulsion to protect the weak. I personally don't think compassion is a weakness but clearly it can be a disadvantage when your enemies are aware of it and abuse it to gently caress you over.

Guitar Guy is the best and I hope he doesn't die tragically trying to save his old buddy or get mind controlled. Anyone who fights with :rock: METAL :rock: completely rules and should always be on screen.

Sounds like you want to make a thread for this show. I say :justpost:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Glasses came from Shou/Sheng's home country where he was picking up all the crazy magic swords so that mean people couldn't use them. To me, this implies that Glasses isn't lying about coming from the government, but that the country's govt is just that corrupt and that's part of why Sheng left.

thunderbolt s2 has its own thread in the forum, so making another one would be silly

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I can read, I swear!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm assuming they meant to post it in the Thunderbolt Fantasy thread anyway and just misposted but for the record the thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870313 (it's also linked in the OP).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 10, 2018

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
I am honestly so disappointed with Goblin Slayer. I love my power fantasies and The Goblin Slayer is the quintessential doomguy you cheer on because he's going to loving murder those disgusting goblins. But the studio made a conscious decision to adapt the one thing that shouldn't have been put onto the TV.

It kind of makes me wish I could rip the anime and edit those parts out. I know a few friends that want to see it, but can't deal with that subject matter. Would it be that hard of a project?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nazgul posted:

I am honestly so disappointed with Goblin Slayer. I love my power fantasies and The Goblin Slayer is the quintessential doomguy you cheer on because he's going to loving murder those disgusting goblins. But the studio made a conscious decision to adapt the one thing that shouldn't have been put onto the TV.

It kind of makes me wish I could rip the anime and edit those parts out. I know a few friends that want to see it, but can't deal with that subject matter. Would it be that hard of a project?

That post about how goblin slayer is couched in the visual and literary metaphors of racist genocidal fiction.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm a broken record but just read berserk and move the pages really fast like a flipbook

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i found da post

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Goblin Slayer is bad because the way it treats goblins is basically the same way every piece of genocidal propaganda treats their subject of choice, only instead of jews or Africans or Muslims it's goblins, which does the exact same job of normalizing dehumanizing hate except with an extra layer of smug deniability

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Bloom Into You: Really not digging the character design, the dialog felt stilted (especially in the group scenes), and the plot didn't grab me either. Might give it one or two more episodes.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Sharkopath posted:

i found da post

I wasn't thinking of it that way, but that insight just makes it more depressing. I wish I could make things better than they are.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Watch the good goblin helping show instead.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Watch the good goblin helping show instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nazgul posted:

I wish I could make things better than they are.