Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i dont remember anything about anything in altair so the fact this random chapter was able to pull emotions out of my heart is a good testament to the artist I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I was at work all day so I'm late but let me just say

FIGHTING GOOOOOOLD

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Wark Say posted:

Make the thread and I'll rewatch it with you, lovely jerks.

Julias posted:

I'd be down for this
it's something i've kicked around a lot cause avatar rules and it finally got a blu-ray release recently, but i just got busy irl and i have no idea how synch stream stuff if that's something people would want to do.

maybe one day tho cause i really just like talking about avatar

DisDisDis posted:

same but uhhh, multiple 12 episode long anime

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

homeless snail posted:

*stairmaster slides through the door kramerly*
"did somebody say henty??"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

you ever read bone? it took me like 3 times to get to the end

I read it my freshman year of high school so I remember very little of it

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I did not remember it being 1300 pages long, wow

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm reading a summary and remember only some of this. I'd say it's time for a reread but I don't think I could finish a 1300 page epic right now

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I started reading Don Rosa's Scrooge McDuck stuff recently because I noticed that they started printing them in collections that were easy to get and get this: it's really good

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

you ever read bone? it took me like 3 times to get to the end

bone is an isekai

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

I started reading Don Rosa's Scrooge McDuck stuff recently because I noticed that they started printing them in collections that were easy to get and get this: it's really good

I don't know if it was Rosa or Barks who wrote this one but I like the one where Magica de Spell curses Scrooge and Donald to have horizontal gravity and ever since reading it sometimes when I enter a new building I try to figure out how I would escape if it happened to me

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

i dont remember anything about anything in altair so the fact this random chapter was able to pull emotions out of my heart is a good testament to the artist I think

the art in altair is super good but like most historical manga i've tried to read i am just not that interested in the actual story

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

GorfZaplen posted:

I don't know if it was Rosa or Barks who wrote this one but I like the one where Magica de Spell curses Scrooge and Donald to have horizontal gravity and ever since reading it sometimes when I enter a new building I try to figure out how I would escape if it happened to me
Lol I've never read this but I've done this kinda thing too.

As a kid back when my family was looking for houses I would just lay on the floor and imagine walking on the empty ceiling and how that would work

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

the art in altair is super good but like most historical manga i've tried to read i am just not that interested in the actual story

its a wierd fantasy history but since its a pastiche of the near east vs medieval religious knighthoods I'm consistently getting it mixed up with arslan when I try to remember anything thats happening

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they are pretty similar, like both got badly produced anime adaptations :sigh:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I started to say historical/pseudo-historical but ultimately they come out the same way, I read them for a little while and get bored even if the art is really fantastic :(

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I started to say historical/pseudo-historical but ultimately they come out the same way, I read them for a little while and get bored even if the art is really fantastic :(

thinking about it I dont think theres any historical series that I've finished and would recommend

Japanese period pieces yeah but thats slightly different from foreign history.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
reccomend the japanese ones please.

golden kamuy was interesting but got a bit too into cooking for me iirc

i liked what i read of vinland saga but yeah i fell off, but that's prob more me than anything

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

reccomend the japanese ones please.

golden kamuy was interesting but got a bit too into cooking for me iirc

i liked what i read of vinland saga but yeah i fell off, but that's prob more me than anything

Vinland saga is too aimless, it built up alot of momentum in the farm arc but didn't commit to that change of tone and setting since its back to viking squabbles

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

did you read takemitsu zamurai yet, thats my fav historical samurai one

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

takemitsus art is really special

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what about yae no sakura

for faux history theres imperial guards and shut hell, really good art

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

takemitsus art is really special

That's a cool page

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Vagabond is still really cool even though chapters come out at a snail's pace. I recommend buying the big volumes anyways

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sharkopath posted:

Vinland saga is too aimless, it built up alot of momentum in the farm arc but didn't commit to that change of tone and setting since its back to viking squabbles
i didnt even get there lol. i think i only wanted to read it for the bishie prince

i'll look into takemitsu zamurai tho ty, i forget im really into samurai stuff

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Anyone else's Crunchyroll bad tonight or is it just me? Checked their twitter and they haven't addressed the huge buffering at all, so I'm concerned.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think a lot of historical manga is just too dang long. I read like 20 volumes of Vagabond (purchased) and was looking to see if I had stopped anywhere near the end and LMAO

also I guess GK counts as historical but I've stuck with it way more (I mean I did quit reading it but not due to being bored I'm just waiting on the official releases to get past what I've already read)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Dauragon/status/1050897534464483328

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

klapman posted:

Anyone else's Crunchyroll bad tonight or is it just me? Checked their twitter and they haven't addressed the huge buffering at all, so I'm concerned.

I've only watched Anime Crimes Division so far but no issues here on the PS4 app

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

blam

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

geez this manga :gbsmith:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
also

this manga :3:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

klapman posted:

Mine is buffering endlessly, and so is the Twitch app. Netflix is fine. I don’t know if my internet or my PS4 is acting up.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

a kitten posted:

I've only watched Anime Crimes Division so far but no issues here on the PS4 app

Mill Village posted:

Mine is buffering endlessly, and so is the Twitch app. Netflix is fine. I don’t know if my internet or my PS4 is acting up.

Looks like it must be just Crunchyroll being Crunchyroll. I played Dragon's Dogma for a couple hours, came back, and now it's working alright on PC. Good thing too cause I wanna see more march comes in like a lion

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

i didnt even get there lol. i think i only wanted to read it for the bishie prince

i'll look into takemitsu zamurai tho ty, i forget im really into samurai stuff

If you want a good historical samurai anime with loads of detail you should watch Hyouge Mono. I don't know how much of the manga is tled but it's probably really good too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/avogado6/status/1050723999582310400

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:petdog:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
omfg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU1qNR9Lwoo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

GorfZaplen posted:

If you want a good historical samurai anime with loads of detail you should watch Hyouge Mono. I don't know how much of the manga is tled but it's probably really good too
noted, tyvm

march lion is aoty

it's blend relateable drama and struggle with warm comedy so effortlessly

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cool shogi propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009