Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah I know we need to get back on track for the spirit of this here thread.

Couldn't get a pic of it but today saw a Chevy Volt with horrible bumper stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's some from the kinda-terrible car backlog:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Formula for ignoring puns:

1. See image
2.Read first pun
3. Skip thread until next image.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Here's some from the kinda-terrible car backlog:

I don't even know what I'm looking for in the 1st and 3rd images.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Fifty Three posted:

I don't even know what I'm looking for in the 1st and 3rd images.

My take is that a Camry wouldn't have that style of roof option and why bother to retrofit it.

Third one is...well guy is single probably through a divorce and peeled off the rest of the stickers.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Colostomy Bag posted:

My take is that a Camry wouldn't have that style of roof option and why bother to retrofit it.

It's one way to quickly and cheaply 'repair' hail damage.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Third one is...well guy is single probably through a divorce and peeled off the rest of the stickers.

My take also.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

The camry landau is pretty classy.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

BloodBag posted:

A sensible Cadillac Allante.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BloodBag posted:

It will be on the Craigslist thread here shortly asking for a premium. :v:

As for the back stickers, weirdest one I saw was a few years ago. Entire family (including a dog) that were dead with little x's for their eyes.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Slim Pickens posted:

Man I love it when a thread turns into a Reddit comment section, so cool, maybe we can run the same Futurama quote into the ground while were at it :razz: :razz: :razz:

um excuse me posted:

Formula for ignoring puns:

1. See image
2.Read first pun
3. Skip thread until next image.
Nothing makes me want to do puns more than someone saying not to do puns.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Cage posted:

:regd08:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

joat mon posted:

A sensible Cadillac Allante.

Another GM clusterfuck. They finally figured it out only to shitcan the thing in its final year. But, and this is the funny thing, they actually stuffed a decent engine (for the time, the infamous Northstar which I despise) and (if they spent another $10 bucks on the Northstar fixing mistakes) they could have had something.

Fiero
Allante
Buick Riviera

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cage posted:

Aforementioned formula works for this as well. It really doesn't matter how much "haters gonna hate" which is also a phrase up there with "YOLO" in terms of catchphrasey and illogical terms.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Another GM clusterfuck. They finally figured it out only to shitcan the thing in its final year. But, and this is the funny thing, they actually stuffed a decent engine (for the time, the infamous Northstar which I despise) and (if they spent another $10 bucks on the Northstar fixing mistakes) they could have had something.

Fiero
Allante
Buick Riviera

Corvair, too. Killed it right after they fixed it, then made exactly the same mistake on the Fiero.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Darchangel posted:

Corvair, too. Killed it right after they fixed it, then made exactly the same mistake on the Fiero.

Well you had Nadar involved in that fiasco which lead to its demise but like you said "fixed it" and hey now let's pull the plug.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Colostomy Bag posted:

As for the back stickers, weirdest one I saw was a few years ago. Entire family (including a dog) that were dead with little x's for their eyes.

There's a fairly popular one around these parts of a T-rex devouring a stick figure family.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

The SSR too. First 2 years was the 5.3/auto only and was sloooooooooow. For the last year they put the LS2 and a 6 speed in it and it didn't suck, but it was basically dead by that point anyways.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

Man I love it when a thread turns into a Reddit comment section, so cool, maybe we can run the same Futurama quote into the ground while were at it :razz: :razz: :razz:

u watt m8

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Gearhead posted:

There's a fairly popular one around these parts of a T-rex devouring a stick figure family.

I have a variant of that one - Godzilla and more realistic silhouettes in nuclear fire.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

It will be on the Craigslist thread here shortly asking for a premium. :v:

I typically loving hate the stick figure family stickers, but I kind of had to :lol: at the one I saw a few years ago where it was the standard man, wife, 3 kids, dog...but the head was ripped off of the wife.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
F(16)

https://tribunist.com/news/technician-accidentally-fires-vulcan-cannon-obliterates-f-16-sitting-on-the-runway/

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Colostomy Bag posted:

Fiero
Allante
Buick Riviera

The Allante was hosed from the get-go because it wasn't rear wheel drive like the other roadsters it competed with.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Powershift posted:

The SSR too. First 2 years was the 5.3/auto only and was sloooooooooow. For the last year they put the LS2 and a 6 speed in it and it didn't suck, but it was basically dead by that point anyways.

The SSR never blew my skirt up. Neither do custom choppers. And hey, no problem, different strokes for different folks type of things. Hell I'm glad on the variety.

But the SSR points out typical GM poo poo...ehh that and the Chrysler was cranking out would be a good conversation over a few beers at a bar.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Is there a LOTO procedure for guns
I feel like there should be

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The best stick family stickers are when it's two mommies and 15 cats.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Good question.
You should at least have to power them up separately from everything else.

First time I've heard of it being an issue in the 40 years the thing's been in use, though if I'm honest, it's not like I've researched.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Rigged Death Trap posted:

My work's policy is LOTOTO - Lock out, Tag Out, Try out. Maybe not a good policy to apply to weapon systems though...

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
With the assumption that it was still energized you'd probably point it away from another jet, would have made the situation better, pending on what you point it at instead

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Darchangel posted:

Good question.
You should at least have to power them up separately from everything else.

First time I've heard of it being an issue in the 40 years the thing's been in use, though if I'm honest, it's not like I've researched.

US Navy's got your back from 1943

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU2T793tNqk

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Crustashio posted:

My work's policy is LOTOTO - Lock out, Tag Out, Try out. Maybe not a good policy to apply to weapon systems though...

LOTOTO is also the sound an F16's cannon makes when you accidentally fire it on the ramp.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Safety Dance posted:

LOTOTO is also the sound an F16's cannon makes when you accidentally fire it on the ramp.

Lol

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice
Grabbed a uhaul car trailer yesterday and drove 800 miles round trip to pick up a subbie last night

At the uhaul dealer ship

:madmax: hey I'm here to pick up the car hauler
:uhaul: Let's go out on the lot and grab it

-goes out on the lot and see the trailer but the chains are about 4ft too long.

:madmax: Ummmm, those chains look like they are a bit too long.
:uhaul: Don't worry! I will just twist them up. (proceeds to twist them up but they are about 2-3" from the ground.) See its all good.

I drive the 800 or so miles and the truck just about dies climbing the great hill of Duluth MN. Ohhhh man the trans did not like that hill but she held up to the 70mph constant speed on 35. I go around and check out the chains to find this.

I moved them above the hitch in the second pic

thanks assholes, those things were thinned out like no other, One link was about 90%. Can't believe how much load that trailer put on the rear axle. I thought it would have balanced it a bit more. Or the ability to at least balance the load by moving the front straps back.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I think your Subie was a bit too far forward on that trailer.

Better than too far back, to be sure...but she coulda been pooched back about a foot or so.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Small brain teaser for everyone

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

For the love of god, tell me that's not on an operational aircraft.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Oh you sweet summer child

This is only an inspection access panel, and one of the ones that had screws in every screw hole at that

EvenWorseOpinions fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 18, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The chain-twisting technique is actually not a stupid one.

Not checking the chains (or level of the trailer) after loading the car up...well...

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I mean it's not like you can put a car anywhere else on those U-haul rigs, except backwards IF you can clear (oh and glhf if a good wind gust hits and your car's on backwards). But uh, yeah many things could have prevented that incident.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Small brain teaser for everyone

Is the problem the damaged and mismatched screws? Now tell us what's hiding under there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

PainterofCrap posted:

I think your Subie was a bit too far forward on that trailer.

Better than too far back, to be sure...but she coulda been pooched back about a foot or so.

If it's anything like the trailer I had from Penske, you don't have a choice. The front wheel straps are way up front, and there's no way to move them further back. And they're nylon, so you have to check them regularly.

The only attachments on the rear of the trailer I had were chains to wrap around the suspension or axle. They had enough slack that the best case scenario on a twist beam FWD car like mine is the entire axle gets torn off when the car departs.

NumbersMatching320 posted:

I mean it's not like you can put a car anywhere else on those U-haul rigs, except backwards IF you can clear (oh and glhf if a good wind gust hits and your car's on backwards).

That too. The 16 footer I drove with a 4 wheel trailer + my Saturn attached was interesting enough, more due to the massive amounts of play in the steering (it was more of a general suggestion of direction, I gave up maintaining lanes about 15 minutes into the 3 1/2 hour trip) and inop trailer brakes (kinda figured they were busted by how poorly it stopped, confirmed when I dropped off the trailer and was told the trailer was supposed to have been sidelined due to a bent axle and inop brakes, I'd gotten handed the wrong trailer, etc). Also due to assholes sitting in my blind spots and not getting the hint that "HEY FUCKFACE I NEED TO CHANGE LANES" despite wiggling the trailer well into their lane while signaling.

At least Penske has moved to coiled up cables for their trailers instead of chains. But you can't rent a trailer from them without renting at least a 16 ft moving truck (their 12 footers don't get a hitch).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 18, 2018