Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol the final page

https://mangadex.org/chapter/460434/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
It's Big Boy season.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Big Ni🅱️🅱️a is gonna use PRIMAL SUMO

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Plutonis posted:

The Big Ni🅱️🅱️a is gonna use PRIMAL SUMO

Only two options:

Boring option: 45ft vertical jump.

Baki-grade option: Sumo palms the wall, knocks it over, catches it with his hand on the buzzer.

Secret third option: Just loving kicks his feet into the wall and runs up the vertical surface.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://mangadex.org/chapter/460890/1

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Awwww.

Well I was close.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

"you're mad built!"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

well that was a quick adversary meeting with baki

would be funny if the pace of this arc was that fast that they just start a fight at the arena in like 5 chapters

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

frajaq posted:

well that was a quick adversary meeting with baki

Tokugawa is that good

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I wanna see this big boi slap all of Jack's new teeth.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Bets on whose spine he's gonna step on first?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Bushmeister posted:

Bets on whose spine he's gonna step on first?

Doppo hasn't been Worf'd in awhile, has he?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Pewdiepie posted:

It ended but they still havent translated all the stuff in the middle!
the incompleteness of baki translations is ever maddening

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
In a callback to the young wrestler guy in Part 1 he's not actually going to be the enemy but an even bigger, thiccer, meatier, harrier sumo guy is going to ambush him at night and be the real fighter.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Where has this thread been all my life? You guys have just officially blew my mind. I didn't know they continued past the grand tournament with the manga.

But the 2018 Baki has completely blown me away so far. I am on Episode 4

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That whole manga series is translated and available on a reader sites as new grappler baki. It's what comes after that is a mess

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Joseance posted:

That whole manga series is translated and available on a reader sites as new grappler baki. It's what comes after that is a mess

Yeah I have been reading bits and pieces of it. I'm just shocked I didn't know about it until today.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
The "translation" for New Grappler Baki is often entirely made up, so I'd recommend just ignoring the dialogue anyway.

Look Sharp! fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 10, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

new one

https://mangadex.org/chapter/461775/1

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I like that calling card of a top of the world fighter is how well you can convince someone you're doing invisible bullshit.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

JDRockefeller posted:

I like that calling card of a top of the world fighter is how well you can convince someone you're doing invisible bullshit.

"This tournament will decide once and for all the most powerful force on Earth: schizophrenia or the art of Mime!"

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Mary Annette posted:

"This tournament will decide once and for all the most powerful force on Earth: schizophrenia or the art of Mime!"

Cue flashback to Yujiro meeting Marcel Marceau.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Wasn't shadowboxing or whatever the gently caress a thing in the Anime? This might a stupid question but why would Baki be "Lacking" in that department when it came to that sumo guy.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I wanna say the only person he's lacking to in that department is Yujiro, but I wanna see thicc boi fight Oliva more than ever

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Katamari Democracy posted:

Wasn't shadowboxing or whatever the gently caress a thing in the Anime? This might a stupid question but why would Baki be "Lacking" in that department when it came to that sumo guy.

my guess is that Baki's shadowboxing only affects himself, big sumo man was able to hurt other people by throwing his shadowboxing partner at him

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Katamari Democracy posted:

Pretty sure he's saying the ghost sumo mirage guy he just beat wasn't quite as skilled, not Baki.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Yujiro is kind of like a Dragonball character transplanted into another anime into a slightly more grounded world.

Everyone else has to compare different fighting styles, training regimens, philosophies, and physical attributes, while he's the Dragonball character with highest power level; so he's faster than the fast guys, stronger than the strong guys, tougher than the tough guys, more skilled than the technical guys, and learns more than the guys who trained their whole life.

He's like Mercenary Tao sans finger beams.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Yujiro is kind of like a Dragonball character transplanted into another anime into a slightly more grounded world.

Everyone else has to compare different fighting styles, training regimens, philosophies, and physical attributes, while he's the Dragonball character with highest power level; so he's faster than the fast guys, stronger than the strong guys, tougher than the tough guys, more skilled than the technical guys, and learns more than the guys who trained their whole life.

He’s like Sans the skeleton from undertale.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

And also, alas, sans a Goku to reduce him to a pants-piddling wreck.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

If only it stopped there. Yuujiro also has impeccable table manners, an encyclopedic knowledge of wine and spirits, a deeper understanding of the struggles of oppressed peoples than Muhammad-loving-Ali, and can punch hard enough to cure cancer and AIDS.

I mean poo poo Mr. Itagaki what did your dad do to you man?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Pewdiepie posted:

He’s like Sans the skeleton from undertale.

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so i finally broke down and started trying to watch the convicts arc on kissanime

jesus gently caress these subs are bad :psyduck: this is like, DB Super speedsub quality

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so i finally broke down and started trying to watch the convicts arc on kissanime

jesus gently caress these subs are bad :psyduck: this is like, DB Super speedsub quality

That's why I'm waiting for netflix...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Plutonis posted:

That's why I'm waiting for netflix...

now I am too, because loving hell

i just wanted to warn everyone away from trying to watch early

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I completely forgot Yuujiro teleports into Baki's home to tell him and Kozue to gently caress a lot

Mary Annette posted:

I mean poo poo Mr. Itagaki what did your dad do to you man?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/468430/1

Oh Kiyosume survived the prisoners arc didn't he

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Ok, I'm on board with this one. No more bullshit like the previous season, which was waaay, way too long and annoying. This is looking good so far.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Plutonis posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/468430/1

Oh Kiyosume survived the prisoners arc didn't he

He only got punched temporarily retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

why would you use kissanime instead of torrenting

that site has malware