Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I just watch a few hyped matches from NOAH, AJPW and death matches. I think I watched a little Zero One out of morbid curiosity before Real Hero went down. There's some much free lucha available that it's just not worth it to pay for the smaller puro groups on top of New Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ajpw and dragon gate are both worth keeping track of and i've paid for ajpw's subscription service since it began. ajpw.tv's the non new japan streaming service i'd most recommend as it's affordable, the product's enjoyable and they steam basically every show of consequence.

dragon gate had a fantastic show in ota ward gym a couple weeks ago and is actually more interesting to me right now than they have been in a couple years since the departures. unfortunately their service is expensive by wrestling standards and shows disappear after a week.

never been able to get into ddt though i'll try to watch their two big arena shows every year.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thauros posted:

dragon gate had a fantastic show in ota ward gym a couple weeks ago and is actually more interesting to me right now than they have been in a couple years since the departures. unfortunately their service is expensive by wrestling standards and shows disappear after a week.

just to clarify on this the initial broadcast is up for a week and then roughly a month afterwards the tv broadcast goes up on the archives. it's some weird poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And I thought NJPW World was clunky. :stare:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Believe me navigating stuff like Granblue's website has made appreciate how much New Japan world is actually useable for and English user

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I used to follow DG, All Japan, and DDT when the RH Archive was a thing but now it's gone and everyone has a streaming service that I don't have the money for and I've been a sad boy ever since.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1048856456441692160

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

It's been all downhill for Eita since he lost to Liger. The absolute state of him in that picture.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Interesting news, my local lucha indie is now working with AJPW. I hope this means I get to see Zeus live!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BowgU7Onu7T/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Interesting news, my local lucha indie is now working with AJPW. I hope this means I get to see Zeus live!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BowgU7Onu7T/

shoutout to Ultrahashi

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nuclearbummer/status/1050045934338359296

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I want to lift weights and do steroids with Zeus and the Bodyguard

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm thinking about waking up to watch DDT's Peter Pan, a 6am start time isn't outside the realm of possibility for me and it's the big DDT show.

So I signed up for DDT Universe, but I've got little familiarity with the company aside from knowing the name of their championships and some of the more famous gif'd moments in their history. So what do I need to know about storywise? Which matches should I be looking out for (aside from the stuff involving the Strong Hearts, I know about them)? And how often exactly do they run these free streamed shows?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Even if you have a comprehensive understanding of what's going on in DDT, you still really have no idea what's going on in DDT. Just enjoy the ride, there.

Seems like they do a free show 2-3 times a month.

If you want, I could find a list of some of the best and/or craziest events on the service so you can binge a bit.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

10 PM Pacific sounds like a good time to watch a show... Also gives me a good excuse to check out DDT's service.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
There was just an uncomfortably skinny/old wrestler in the final 2 of a battle royal and looked very bad, anyone know his deal?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it was gorgeous matsuno, idk why though

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did the joshi tag match happen already?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

No, we haven't kicked off the main show yet. Two pre-show matches happened so far.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Strong Hearts is the coolest unit going and two of their main guys looked unsalvageable just six months ago.

A royal rumble gimmick except each entry is just a weapon added to a 1v1 match. :allears:

ONE OF THE WEAPONS IS CHINSUKE NAKAMURA

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 21, 2018

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
RIP Panda, we were better for having known you.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

DDT's streaming service is completely making GBS threads the bed and it's getting worse just as the match I tuned in for is coming on :sigh:

What I could see of Takeshita/CIMA looked fun but that buffering is an absolute no go.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 21, 2018

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tonfa posted:

DDT's streaming service is completely making GBS threads the bed and it's getting worse just as the match I tuned in for is coming on :sigh:

What I could see of Takeshita/CIMA looked fun but that buffering is an absolute no go.

Yeah, I woke up to watch it and just got a big useless ERROR message so ended up giving up. Bummer.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1056503584043364353

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First names announced for the DDT US show are the top 7 vote getters in the DDT election

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1057248168536985605

Danshoku Dino
Akito
HARASHIMA
Masa Takanashi
Daisuke Sasaki
Tetsuya Endo
Maki Ito

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My first and only interaction with Danshoku Dino in person was him telling me my Japanese sucks in plain English. I want to meet him again and show him how little my Japanese has come in the last 11 years

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dino gonna get arrested for smoochin randos
Maki gonna get arrested for drinkin and fighting

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1059380004570578946?s=19

Morishima arrested for assaulting a taxi driver.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
That's really depressing to hear :(

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
TAKA Has apparently been cheating on his wife for 8 years :(

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

A wrestler??? Having infidelities????????

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I just started following TAKA's insta and it's mainly pics of food and his baby/toddler and so this is actually kinda sad to hear about

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Maybe he'll finally start accepting overseas bookings again...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Choppy choppy his pee pee

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

rovert posted:

Choppy choppy his pee pee
*Chappy chappy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Friend of Taichi unfaithful to spouse, news at 11

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Japanese dude? Unfaithful? Neeeeveeerrr

(The views on infidelity are quite different in Japan than other developed countries)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

harperdc posted:

Japanese dude? Unfaithful? Neeeeveeerrr

(The views on infidelity are quite different in Japan than other developed countries)

So is the feeling that his wife won't bail, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My understanding(limited only to children's TV shows involving rubber suits) is that women rarely ever push for divorce, even in the face of violence.

I don't know what Taka's personal situation is like so I'm not going speculate or judge.