Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
You bought a grey box of kleenex as a present for someone? poo poo present dude sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

heeheex2 posted:

You bought a grey box of kleenex as a present for someone? poo poo present dude sorry

Nah it’s for my dad who had a gray shipping container full of imported furniture for a long time. He’s going to love it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

heeheex2 posted:

Those kleenex box holders are 20 fuckin dollars what the gently caress

e: idk about y’all but i have at least 8 kleenex boxes rolling in my apartment at all times

who has just 1 box ?? or maybe you have a shipping port themed room or something
The container holder is a neat gimmick but I noped out at 20 bucks. Do they ship it assembled and full of lead? It's like a few bucks tops unless this is official Maersk merchandise or something.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Synthbuttrange posted:

Cant you just buy them from someplace more reliable?

YOU'D THINK!

don't buy seeds from china. especially don't buy obviously fake boob plant seeds.

unless it's myrtillocactus geometrizans 'fukurokuryuzinboku 'which is very real and looks like a boob totem pole

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wait, you mean those seeds on Wish that purport to be unrealistically purple merry-ju-wanna really aren't?

Thanks, thread! Dodged that bullet!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

MrUnderbridge posted:

Wait, you mean those seeds on Wish that purport to be unrealistically purple merry-ju-wanna really aren't?

Thanks, thread! Dodged that bullet!

Don't listen to this lying fakeposter. I'm currently surrounded by the lushest purples ever thought up by the most pretentious 10th grader boyman who think's he can write Anne Rice but more flowery and grimdark. I'm nearly passing out at the dankest, I cannot breathe. Purchase all the marry wana seeds from the AE, and be blessed.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I and Pick both wrote earlier in the thread about buying lots of seeds from Ali Express (and grew them inside to be sure they were what they claimed to be), and we both had good experiences. (I did not buy any boob gourds; I don't know about Pick) I thought that the reputable seed sellers were going off AE though - a while back the places I bought from sent me messages that they could no longer sell seeds due to a change in the law. I haven't bought seeds from AE for over a year though.

I'd recommend Hirt's for Americans for a reputable catalog nursery. I've been happy with them overall.

Canadians - are all your orders bring cancelled because of the Canada Post strike? A few sellers last week sent me messages asking for more postage money or to extend the dispute period, but now that the strike has been longer than 30 days, the sellers seem to all be cancelling.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 23, 2018

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

WrenP-Complete posted:

Canadians - are all your orders bring cancelled because of the Canada Post strike? A few sellers last week sent me messages asking for more postage money or to extend the dispute period, but now that the strike has been longer than 30 days, the sellers seem to all be cancelling.

Yes, most sellers are cancelling. The language barrier seems to be too much to tell them that I don't mind waiting because it takes a month to get something anyways. I ordered some same items from another seller and will see. One store offered to DHL a 2 dollar fridge magnet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WrenP-Complete posted:

I and Pick both wrote earlier in the thread about buying lots of seeds from Ali Express (and grew them inside to be sure they were what they claimed to be), and we both had good experiences. (I did not buy any boob gourds; I don't know about Pick) I thought that the reputable seed sellers were going off AE though - a while back the places I bought from sent me messages that they could no longer sell seeds due to a change in the law. I haven't bought seeds from AE for over a year though.

Same, and I bought tomatoes, peas, and cucumbers. All of them seemed to be legitimate. Got a bumper of tomatoes that year.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
If there's some miracle plant on AliExpress, you would have probably heard about it already. Such weird, obscure miracles on this site don't exist. Holy poo poo, use some common sense.

\/\/
Edit: Mainly some of the seeds earlier in the thread that claimed to grow some crazy plants, such as flowers with strange coloring and the like. Perhaps no one really bought into it, but I thought I'd warn everyone anyway.

AutumnDDP fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 24, 2018

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

AutumnDDP posted:

If there's some miracle plant on AliExpress, you would have probably heard about it already. Such weird, obscure miracles on this site don't exist. Holy poo poo, use some common sense.

what are you talking about

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Snowy posted:

Nah it’s for my dad who had a gray shipping container full of imported furniture for a long time. He’s going to love it.

sorry dude i was making a joke about buying just a box of kleenex for someone like a $1 box of actual kleenex

it’s a good gift i’m sure your dad will like it

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

AutumnDDP posted:

\/\/
Edit: Mainly some of the seeds earlier in the thread that claimed to grow some crazy plants, such as flowers with strange coloring and the like. Perhaps no one really bought into it, but I thought I'd warn everyone anyway.

in my angry fake seeds post earlier I meant seeds that are advertised as this real thing i know exists and want but are actually weeds or grass and the seller is a scammer. Not wow that boob gourd looks cool I believe it's real and want to buy and grow it

like, succulent/cacti seeds on etsy. and ebay. and even ali seeds for common things like tomatoes are probably unreliable and fake

Bummey fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 24, 2018

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Bummey posted:

in my angry fake seeds post earlier I meant seeds that are advertised as this real thing i know exists and want but are actually weeds or grass and the seller is a scammer. Not wow that boob gourd looks cool I believe it's real and want to buy and grow it

like, on etsy. and ebay. and even ali seeds for common things like tomatoes are probably unreliable and fake

Oh, absolutely, the false advertising is very scummy. Some not-so-smart people will definitely fall for it, and I feel bad for them since they don't deserve to lose their money. I also wasn't really targeting my criticism towards anyone in particular, though I suppose how it might look like that.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
If I had a dollar for every time I spent a load of money, hoping the end result would be boobs, only to end up spilling seed on the floor instead...

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
Re: Canada Post strike, I have 1 cancellation, 1 processing time extension, and 2 shipped orders. I don't know if it's the sellers being proactive about not shipping or if it's the post offices in China outright refusing to accept their packages.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

This is the last time i start masturbating before my plants finish growing

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

The fact that orders from aliexpress (china entirely maybe? at least shipped with epacket and whatever other cheap shipping) are like 1/4’d has gotta be making the canada post distribution jobs easier. no more tiny lovely wrapped garbage x infinity

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I bought a little usb-powered humidifier for my plants on single's day, it's so cute. :3:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just check and sure enough I have a cancellation. :( Except they want me to cancel it and I don't have a button for that because it says it was shipped 12 days ago.

quote:

hi dear,
could you pls cancel this order?
In response to Canada Post’s urgent notice, Canada Post has suspended its delivery commitment service due to a serious backlog of postal services due to the escalation of the Canadian Postal Union’s strike. Affected by this incident, all Canadian roads will be closed to the postal line from now on.
That sounds ominous, should I warn my postie about all the roads being closed?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Luckily all i've had happen for the Canada Post strike is a seller asking me to extend the processing time. I have had one item fail to ship but they never said a word about it so who knows if it's related or the store just sucks

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

spog posted:

If I had a dollar for every time I spent a load of money, hoping the end result would be boobs, only to end up spilling seed on the floor instead...

It's always the same thing with you, Onan...

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep
Has anyone found anymore good fake funny lego minifigs? I've got the Deadpool Bob Ross, kurt cobain with shotgun and Ronald McDonald.
Most available are just crappy Star Wars, Marvel or Harry Potter.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
prison hillary is a modern classic

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Looking at OBD readers led to a dumb little story. The cheapest of the cheap are based on a product from a "real" company (Elm), with two versions. V1.5 is a standard knock off of the original, copying the circuit and code, and is mostly fine if a little outdated (apart from the IP theft I suppose). Then some bright spark came up with V2.1. It's maybe based on a newer version, but the code was rewritten to work on cheaper components, unsurprisingly ending up full of bugs, and some of the pinouts were (accidentally?) left unconnected, breaking formats the previous version supported. So it's worse in every way but price, which is already trivial for individual purchases. Doesn't stop stores selling it though, including pretending it's the good version! I think I found a decent one but who knows what will turn up.

Meanwhile my bluetooth-to-fm transmitter for the car broke, silencing my Chinese friend (and my music) for 13-20 days.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I bought like 35 things for 18$ and I full expect it not to arrive until February.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

slave to my cravings posted:

I bought like 35 things for 18$ and I full expect it not to arrive until February.

yeah it owns!!

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Achtane posted:

Thank you for posting this. I was thinking of somehow customizing a model truck to match my dad's 1984 Toyota Pickup for a Christmas present and came across this:
http://s.aliexpress.com/reYfEvay
The green one is nearly identical, minus the snorkel and roll bar. Same color and everything, awesome.

:hfive:
That sounds very cool!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Pick posted:

yeah it owns!!

Got my first seller message. Getting the real experience.

quote:

Dear boss !!!pls cancel the order , I'll get your money back soon, need not to wait two months to open a dispute for give you a refund,

becouse this item was prohibited to produce,we have found many factories to get it,but no any way,we are sorry for this.pls cancell this order.the money will be back to you.and pls choose the cancell reason as """"other reason""""or """"I don't want it anymore"""".I will agree to it and let the money get back to you.pls accept our apology.""

pls choose the cancell reason as """"other reason""""or """"I don't want it anymore"" !!!
pls choose the cancell reason as """"other reason""""or """"I don't want it anymore"" !!!
pls choose the cancell reason as """"other reason""""or """"I don't want it anymore"" !!!"

It was for some aluminum tire caps that cost 45 cents.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
"prohibited to produce"???

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I assume that means "the patent/copyright guys caught up with us"

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I assume that means "the patent/copyright guys caught up with us"

More likely it's something that upsets the Chinese govt:

Like Winnie The Pooh.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

i don’t get it

spog
Aug 7, 2004

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-china-blog-40627855

quote:

Winnie the Pooh has joined a line of crazy, funny internet references to China's top leaders.

The Chinese name for and images of the plump, cute cartoon character are being blocked on social media sites here because bloggers have been comparing him to China's president.

When Xi Jinping and Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe endured one of the more awkward handshakes in history netizens responded with Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore shaking hands.

And then there was the time President Xi popped his head out of the roof of his special Red Flag limousine to inspect the troops - a photo appeared online of a toy Winnie the Pooh popping out of his own little car.

It is not only that China's censors will not tolerate ridicule of the country's leader, they do not want this beloved children's character becoming a kind of online euphemism for the Communist Party's general secretary.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

sure be cool if this gets to be the memetic overload that brings down the system

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

anyone who gets offended by something like that has a dick so small that one needs a jeweler's loupe to see it

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

wibble posted:

Has anyone found anymore good fake funny lego minifigs? I've got the Deadpool Bob Ross, kurt cobain with shotgun and Ronald McDonald.
Most available are just crappy Star Wars, Marvel or Harry Potter.

Trump and Bob Ross went down well as stocking fillers.

I don’t know who this Sidney is but he seems cool.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32958182267.html

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

BattleMaster posted:

anyone who gets offended by something like that has a dick so small that one needs a jeweler's loupe to see it

Xi "declared himself president for life" Jinpeng, insecure and petty?

Do you really think so?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sagebrush posted:

Xi "declared himself president for life" Jinpeng, insecure and petty?

Do you really think so?

I liked how he went on anti-corruption purge that conveniently happened to include everyone opposed to him. Yeah they were all corrupt but so was everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Drunk purchase arrived and it is a loving stupid as you think it might be.

Looks good.
Writes well.
Solid enough for personal defense.
Probably will break car glass well.

What's wrong, you may ask? The glass-breaking bit on the end is sharp as a needle. It is impossible to carry this in a jacket pocket, in a trouser pocket or even in a bag without you constantly stabbing yourself.

I may grind the tip off, making it useless for its main purpose or see if I can try to encase it in hot melt glue.