Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bruceski posted:

...the car is on fire.

Yeah yeah, but why is this guy purple?

HEEELP EAAAAGH HEEELP

Sir please stop screaming, I can't hear this guy's explanation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Next: Nothing gets him out of his apartment tonight.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The entire next 4 months follows the adventures of Luke Cage while Pete sits at home waiting for MJ to show up.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Peter heard something about spiders, long distance travel, and balloons, and sort of figured the rest out himself.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

You don't just ask someone why they are purple. That's a really personal question. Even Killgrave is visibly shocked.

Between this and the brutal murder of a civilian driver I'm starting to think that Luke Cage is maybe not the one reasonable human being in the newspaper universe.

Libra fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 25, 2018

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Push El Burrito posted:

The entire next 4 months follows the adventures of Luke Cage while Pete sits at home waiting for MJ to show up.

MJ meets Luke and they have wacky misadventures while Peter waits at home

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?
The Purple Man mind controls Luke, so MJ has to shoot Luke in the face with a shotgun to put him into hibernation. Meanwhile, Peter walks down to the corner bodega for a snack, but accidentally gets locked out and has to stand outside in the cold in his slippers.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Luke is so angry that this man is purple, more than he was about a dangerous driver or even Purp intending to kill the guy.

Kinda reminds me of

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bruceski posted:

...the car is on fire.

Nah man that's just the window of the shop in the background that sells fire.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The colorist managed to make the speed lines look like silver prongs holding Peter in an awkward posture.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kilgrave commits the most heinous crime possible: cockblocking.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
You know what, I can't judge. If someone said they were about to commit a murder in front of me, I too would probably panic, get my wires crossed and ask about their skin care routine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ugh, can't believe Luke Cage is racist against purple people. He will know the wrath of the mutant defender of oppressed purple everywhere, Magento.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bruceski posted:

...the car is on fire.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

A one hat, one coat, lying, purple, people killer.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

"oh this has to be an edit, he wouldn't just ask why he's purple- [checks]"

:stonklol:

Jetamo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 25, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh my god, I hope the plot of this arc is Purple Man inviting himself and Luke to MJ's welcome home party, in order to avoid the police after this casual street murder, and nobody can stop him because of his mind control powers :allears:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Begemot posted:

Oh my god, I hope the plot of this arc is Purple Man inviting himself and Luke to MJ's welcome home party, in order to avoid the police after this casual street murder, and nobody can stop him because of his mind control powers :allears:

Pete has no mind to be controlled but he also won't notice anything wrong, probably some actor friend of MJ who forgot to remove his makeup

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If this story doesn't end with Luke beating the poo poo out of Purps I will be very annoyed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

goatface posted:

If this story doesn't end with Luke beating the poo poo out of Purps I will be very annoyed.

that's not nearly weird enough for nsm.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MJ comes home to her party but nobody is there because it was a two person party and the other person left the promise of a night with his wife to go deal with a fender bender on the other side of town in his jammies.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's not nearly weird enough for nsm.

It'll average out.

Cage punches Killgrave in the face, and then Peter explains that he blocked the mind control by reversing the polarity of a computer playing an ASMR video.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't worry, luke. obviously this guy who can reconstitute himself after being completely dismembered and then set on fire in a car crash will handle things.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

don't worry, luke. obviously this guy who can reconstitute himself after being completely dismembered and then set on fire in a car crash will handle things.

Next: Molecule Man!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Looking forward to 3 weeks of explaining how mind control works.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Who will be immune to it? I hope it's either Aunt May or JJJ.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks to all the metal plates in his skull, Peter's fine

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

goatface posted:

Who will be immune to it? I hope it's either Aunt May or JJJ.

"What? Why can't I control you?! It's... it's like there's nothing there!" "I guess in some funny way, *I* win!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
With Stan dead they finally just fully embrace how dumb Peter is

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Actually he tries to control Peter's mind but since what remains is too damaged it causes a feedback loop that blows up Killgraves head.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
The moment Killgrave tries to mind control Speterman, a brick dislodges from a nearby building and instantly kills the purple bastard, like Tom Hanks in The Ladykillers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What kind of name is Mac Killgrave?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

This comic is making it easier to quit drinking for awhile as simply gazing upon it makes me feel intoxicated.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I figure Killgrave would be one of Spider-Man's biggest allies since anything he commands him to do is going to be less stupid and dangerous than whatever he was going to do on his own.

"Let that Car run you over Spider-Man!"
*THUNK*
"Thank You Killgrave! I was going to try and wedge my face under it's tires to stop it! Now I've been thrown clear!"

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I figure Killgrave would be one of Spider-Man's biggest allies since anything he commands him to do is going to be less stupid and dangerous than whatever he was going to do on his own.

*THUNK*
"Thank You Killgrave! I was going to try and wedge my face under it's tires to stop it! Now I've been thrown clear!"

It's all fun and games until NSM is being showered by bricks and Killgrave, running out of ideas, tells him to use his head.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Peter hops into the car, looks around
Peter: Where is Spider-Man so I can run over him?
Kilgrave: No no, the car runs over you.
Peter: Cars don't have legs.... :confused:
Kilgrave: Oh my God :cripes:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What kind of name is Mac Killgrave?

The sort of name bad drivers can tell is yours by looking at you.

Or does the driver already know who he is? Or is he just guessing? Internet suggests he's not actually called Mac, but they changed Mole Man's name so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

graham cracker posted:

This comic is making it easier to quit drinking for awhile as simply gazing upon it makes me feel intoxicated.

:emptyquote: