Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

You need a tactical sheath for your tactical pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

taqueso posted:

You need a tactical sheath for your tactical pen.

6 Pcs Black Vinyl Pocket Protector for Pen Leaks
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4b3cnJT

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

norp posted:

6 Pcs Black Vinyl Pocket Protector for Pen Leaks
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4b3cnJT

Even something like that wouldn't work as the pointy bit is at the top.

It's also too fat for the pen clip in my car.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

spog posted:

I may grind the tip off, making it useless for its main purpose or see if I can try to encase it in hot melt glue.

If it's covered in hot glue, you might find yourself in trouble in ... "tactical" situations. Maybe a holster?

Alternatively, just a normal pen.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If it's covered in hot glue, you might find yourself in trouble in ... "tactical" situations. Maybe a holster?

yeah but what if you need to write something while in a tactical situation.. normal pens will crack under the pressure.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Well, in this theoretical tactical situation, I'd have time to knock the blob of glue off (or, if I hit it hard enough, the punch would go straight through it before smashing the window of a burning car and rescuing the fair maiden.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You are, of course, absolutely right.

Take this as my warning not to drink and Ali

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
gently caress with the pen, u get the horns

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Can someone post that EDC nerd with the tactical pen

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

spog posted:

Drunk purchase arrived and it is a loving stupid as you think it might be.

Looks good.
Writes well.
Solid enough for personal defense.
Probably will break car glass well.

What's wrong, you may ask? The glass-breaking bit on the end is sharp as a needle. It is impossible to carry this in a jacket pocket, in a trouser pocket or even in a bag without you constantly stabbing yourself.

I may grind the tip off, making it useless for its main purpose or see if I can try to encase it in hot melt glue.

The perfect gift (for people you don't like very much). Link????

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

The perfect gift (for people you don't like very much). Link????

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...2882139736.html

If it didn't have the sharp bit (or it were capped) it would be an okay pen.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

Well, in this theoretical tactical situation, I'd have time to knock the blob of glue off (or, if I hit it hard enough, the punch would go straight through it before smashing the window of a burning car and rescuing the fair maiden.

You are, of course, absolutely right.

Take this as my warning not to drink and Ali

The Russians used a pencil.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Han...c4-4f1d3439610e

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fou...c4-4f1d3439610e

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You're supposed to put it in a pouch attached to your day-to-day combat webbing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
LI CHEN: Dear buyer, thank you for purchasing us , we wish you have a good day , this is a friendly reminder : 1. The magnetism of the salvage magnet is very strong.Don't worry about it being fragile when you use it.,because it has iron shell protection and is not brittle. 2.Large magnets are very strong and fragile, when you separate it & use it , please be careful , do not collision each other , it can break into pieces , it may hurt your eyes or your finger.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I guess the magnet is bipolar in more ways than one

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sagebrush posted:

LI CHEN: Dear buyer, thank you for purchasing us , we wish you have a good day , this is a friendly reminder : 1. The magnetism of the salvage magnet is very strong.Don't worry about it being fragile when you use it.,because it has iron shell protection and is not brittle. 2.Large magnets are very strong and fragile, when you separate it & use it , please be careful , do not collision each other , it can break into pieces , it may hurt your eyes or your finger.

I liked it more when I thought you got a message from LICHEN

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I like the listings that call stacking objects "superposition."

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Are there any good fitness products on AliExpress? I doubt dumbells or other large equipement is a good idea since I think shipping would make them all too expensive. I think resistance bands, grips, or mats might be good from Ali, what other types of fitness stuff am I overlooking? Should I trust a heart rate monitor from Ali? As is, I already have a Bluetooth chest strap from Polar (and a regular one that I have to wear a wrist monitor with), if I got a new heart rate monitor I would want something I didn't have to strap to my chest and had more features than my 5 year old Polar monitor. Really the worst thing about the Polar chest strap is the fact it's a cloth strap that gets drenched in sweat and I think Polar says to avoid washing it often. Bonus 10 foot tall treadmill

As for other Ali purchases, I ordered a few metal drafting mechanical pencils, blue and red colored 0.5 lead, and a $3 "Casio" F91W in stainless steel. Is it possible to find a decent quality watch that is not a knock off on Ali? I think almost all of the sport or "S-Shock" watches appear to be copies of G-Shocks or Suunto watches. I purchased a Fengeen skeletonized automatic watch a little over year ago, it sits on my desk dad almost the entire time but when I pick it. it actually still woks but I doubt it keeps accurate time and I consider it too ugly to wear now. Another watch I purchased was a Liege chronograph which was a piece of poo poo that with a moonphase 24 hour sub dial, and a sub for up to 30 minutes and seconds, no sub seconds on the chronograph. The chronograph also lacked a flyback function and was loud when running.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Why would you even bother with a chinesium casio? The real deal is like $10.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Crotch Fruit posted:

Are there any good fitness products on AliExpress? I doubt dumbells or other large equipement is a good idea since I think shipping would make them all too expensive. I think resistance bands, grips, or mats might be good from Ali, what other types of fitness stuff am I overlooking? Should I trust a heart rate monitor from Ali? As is, I already have a Bluetooth chest strap from Polar (and a regular one that I have to wear a wrist monitor with), if I got a new heart rate monitor I would want something I didn't have to strap to my chest and had more features than my 5 year old Polar monitor. Really the worst thing about the Polar chest strap is the fact it's a cloth strap that gets drenched in sweat and I think Polar says to avoid washing it often. Bonus 10 foot tall treadmill

As for other Ali purchases, I ordered a few metal drafting mechanical pencils, blue and red colored 0.5 lead, and a $3 "Casio" F91W in stainless steel. Is it possible to find a decent quality watch that is not a knock off on Ali? I think almost all of the sport or "S-Shock" watches appear to be copies of G-Shocks or Suunto watches. I purchased a Fengeen skeletonized automatic watch a little over year ago, it sits on my desk dad almost the entire time but when I pick it. it actually still woks but I doubt it keeps accurate time and I consider it too ugly to wear now. Another watch I purchased was a Liege chronograph which was a piece of poo poo that with a moonphase 24 hour sub dial, and a sub for up to 30 minutes and seconds, no sub seconds on the chronograph. The chronograph also lacked a flyback function and was loud when running.

Really digging this unintentional macro poem

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

DrHammond posted:

Why would you even bother with a chinesium casio? The real deal is like $10.
I can buy three times as many fuses watches? Serious answer: The F91W is a cheap kinda ugly utility watch with no soul, I admire the watch, but I just cant convince myself to spend $10 on a genuine one because I just don't really want one. But I can throw around $3 on a POS watch, and the real stainless steel F91W is $16. If I actually like this thing once I put it on my wrist, I might buy a genuine one someday.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I bought resistance straps on Ali Express for about one third of the price on Amazon, one set for me and one for my sister, a few months apart from two different vendors. They've held up fine for over a year, and seem to be the same as what you'd get in the US or Canada.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Crotch Fruit posted:

I can buy three times as many fuses watches? Serious answer: The F91W is a cheap kinda ugly utility watch with no soul, I admire the watch, but I just cant convince myself to spend $10 on a genuine one because I just don't really want one. But I can throw around $3 on a POS watch, and the real stainless steel F91W is $16. If I actually like this thing once I put it on my wrist, I might buy a genuine one someday.

I feel the same way about Zippo lighters, which is why instead of buying a real one for 17.99 on Amazon I bought two fake ones for $1.88 each on AliExpress. Looking forward to lighting things on fire (hopefully not the lighters themselves or myself). Anyway I figure if anyone knows something about smoking paraphernalia it's gotta be the Chinese

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 29, 2018

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Regarding EDC pens, I rather like this one. It even has "tactical" in its name, but I don't know really what kind of tactics it would be good for. Nice and heavy and the bolt-action is great for fidgeting with, takes standard Parker refills, also comes in brass. If it had inches as well as centimetres, that would be great.

I wish someone would tell Ali that it's safe to ship to Canada now, I haven't been able to get my ordering-of-crap fix for weeks.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i got my mr. burns sleep set. it's pretty comfy but obviously i don't expect the material to last long

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Tad Naff posted:

Regarding EDC pens, I rather like this one. It even has "tactical" in its name, but I don't know really what kind of tactics it would be good for. Nice and heavy and the bolt-action is great for fidgeting with, takes standard Parker refills, also comes in brass. If it had inches as well as centimetres, that would be great.

I wish someone would tell Ali that it's safe to ship to Canada now, I haven't been able to get my ordering-of-crap fix for weeks.

I think that even though the strike ended because Senate legislated Canada Post to go back to work, other unions are blocking facilities and so on on their behalf.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I ordered a watch 16 days ago (Casio knock off) and the tracking never updated until today, when it now says "shipment cancelled". Should I just file a dispute and report the seller for marking items shipped without shipping or what? I ordered 3 additional items a couple days after this order, they all say for a couple days but now 2 of those items are in the United States and the watch order hasn't moved.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Crotch Fruit posted:

I ordered a watch 16 days ago (Casio knock off) and the tracking never updated until today, when it now says "shipment cancelled". Should I just file a dispute and report the seller for marking items shipped without shipping or what? I ordered 3 additional items a couple days after this order, they all say for a couple days but now 2 of those items are in the United States and the watch order hasn't moved.

So, the order was marked shipped AND it timed out due to a lack of action on part of the seller? Buy the same watch from a different seller that checks their account.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Well yeah, but how do I get my money back? Is the seller going to be able to claim "I have a tracking number, it's shipped" since the tracking number says the shipment was cancelled? I mean, as far as Ali is concerned, it looks like it's on the way here, but the tracking says otherwise. I messaged the seller earlier and have not got a response yet.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

How long has it been?

I'd message the seller first, if they don't respond then raise a dispute. If it's an abandoned account you won't get a response and the dispute will sail through

If you are nearing the end of the dispute window then just hit the extend button so you can sort it out.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I placed the order 11-14, I messaged the seller late this afternoon, like hours ago, so I will wait at least until tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I only just received something that I ordered on 11/11 yesterday (in Australia)

If anyone is interested it was this

norp fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 1, 2018

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
:kiss:

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

norp posted:

I only just received something that I ordered on 11/11 yesterday (in Australia)

If anyone is interested it was this

Got a link to their shop?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Crotch Fruit posted:

Are there any good fitness products on AliExpress? I doubt dumbells or other large equipement is a good idea since I think shipping would make them all too expensive. I think resistance bands, grips, or mats might be good from Ali, what other types of fitness stuff am I overlooking? Should I trust a heart rate monitor from Ali?
I bought a couple of grip strength trainers off Ali. They work as advertised but were only rated 40kg so I advanced through it pretty quick.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i got this fitness watch not too long ago: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bsvhlY9i

i don't bother with the blood pressure feature; it can't possibly be accurate, but the heart rate and step counter are. hr isn't continuously measured. the sleep tracker works, but you need to take the watch off and put it on your bed. i think it counts sleep until 10 am. i manually sync it when i get up

it also vibes to alert you to messages and calls, and displays a bit of the message on screen. for ten dollars it's actually really good

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 1, 2018

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

duffmensch posted:

Got a link to their shop?

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ctqxwwlj

I ordered a 2XL, it's probably a tiny bit big for me (75kg/180cm) and should have got the XL
The sleeves are an odd Elbow length and it's the generic Chinese lightweight material you get from the knockoff stores. Other than that its good quality and has ykk branding on the zippers (taken with a grain of salt obviously). The printing is particularly sharp compared to other cycling clothes ive bought from ali

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Somehow these glasses have overwhelmingly positive reviews....
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Rp3tppJ

$2.5 a pair... That's cheap even for aliexpress

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
What little stuff are you guys getting people for Christmas/Hanukkah/whatever? I figure this is about the last guaranteed time for Christmas if you use epacket, and probably about the last decent chance if you roll the dice on free shipping.

spiral cable savers for literally everyone

quotation mark earrings for a bookish friend, these are $9 on modcloth and $1.80 on aliexpress

warm socks in neat patterns, ymmv, I'm concerned they might only fit 10-year-olds

computer-themed stickers, I'm expecting the friend I give these to will troll coworkers with them

these clean crud out of hairbrushes, not sure if they work, but if they do, who wouldn't want one?

NSFW, these panties are $0.75 and definitely have even lower material costs

fake pandora charms, they're everywhere

Please post your own stocking stuffers, there's tons of cheap jewelry I'm buying female relatives & friends, but I'm stuck when it comes to guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anne Whateley posted:

What little stuff are you guys getting people for Christmas/Hanukkah/whatever? I figure this is about the last guaranteed time for Christmas if you use epacket, and probably about the last decent chance if you roll the dice on free shipping.

spiral cable savers for literally everyone

quotation mark earrings for a bookish friend, these are $9 on modcloth and $1.80 on aliexpress

warm socks in neat patterns, ymmv, I'm concerned they might only fit 10-year-olds

computer-themed stickers, I'm expecting the friend I give these to will troll coworkers with them

these clean crud out of hairbrushes, not sure if they work, but if they do, who wouldn't want one?

NSFW, these panties are $0.75 and definitely have even lower material costs

fake pandora charms, they're everywhere

Please post your own stocking stuffers, there's tons of cheap jewelry I'm buying female relatives & friends, but I'm stuck when it comes to guys

Thank you I bought a bunch :) not telling what