Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 36 hours!)

That's not how you spell pærevælling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuImVyxI9EY

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Red Cross is literally a Swiss invention.

And it's a great concept, just like their flag which is a big plus.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Nice piece of fish posted:

:dadjoke:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nice piece of fish posted:

:confused:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dude tried to self-immolate at a job center:

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/regionale/syd/psykisk-syg-mand-ville-begaa-selvmord-paa-jobcenter-forsoegte-saette-ild-til

Another man managed to do it successfully a couple of years back. If they're gonna keep chalking it up to mental illness and not a completely broken system ultimately breaking people, you'd think there'd be more efforts to improve psychiatric care. Probably takes some more outwardly violent actions against politicians for them to take note, the Thich Quang Duc route doesn't quite cut it in today's world, you'll just have the right cooking smores over your smoldering corpse while the left accuses you of cultural appropriation.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 24, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/annie-loof-kan-slappa-igenom-lofven-som-statsminister

So Lööf will let Steffe govern if he becomes a Center politician? What is the loving point of voting in the election? 🤔

I would much rather C let SD M & KD run the show than drag everyone right. Hopefully V would vote against this nonsense? They're already barely able to get eyeglasses for kids in the budget, why should they compromise?

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 27, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Considering shots have already been pre-emptively fired within the party because of the likeliness of this exact situation I think it's extremely unlikely. Assuming we'll get that far however also presumes that Löfven is going to let himself get steam-rolled.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
So V wouldn't support this? Thank goodness. This'll also play well in the media in the next few days if V has to vote no (presuming Steffe acquiesces). V will be portrayed as more extreme than SD for not wanting to lower taxes on people making 40k a month.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Dirk Pitt posted:

So V wouldn't support this? Thank goodness. This'll also play well in the media in the next few days if V has to vote no (presuming Steffe acquiesces). V will be portrayed as more extreme than SD for not wanting to lower taxes on people making 40k a month.
JUST TAKE MY loving MONEY JEEESUS

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No guarantees, theoretically the executive doesn't have the mandate from the last congress to go for a cooperation were we would have to give up this much. But wouldn't stop them from doing it anyway if they really wanted to.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
I dunno, a center government is less than ideal, but I think it would be preferable over any constellation that gives SD even a whiff of power.
It would also mean the definite end of the Alliance, which I see as nothing but good.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I dunno, a center government is less than ideal, but I think it would be preferable over any constellation that gives SD even a whiff of power.
It would also mean the definite end of the Alliance, which I see as nothing but good.

Center running the show with S as a proxy would remove V from the table too though. I’d hope that the left party will vote no to this on principle alone.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Africa and the Middle East are most responsible for carbon emissions, because they heat their homes with little stoves that billow soot and stuff! This woman is fast on her way to parliament.

https://www.information.dk/debat/leder/2018/11/pernille-vermunds-paastand-co2-udledning-dummeste-nogensinde-sagt-klimadebatten

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Africa and the Middle East are most responsible for carbon emissions, because they heat their homes with little stoves that billow soot and stuff! This woman is fast on her way to parliament.

https://www.information.dk/debat/leder/2018/11/pernille-vermunds-paastand-co2-udledning-dummeste-nogensinde-sagt-klimadebatten

Hopefully she'll poach DF votes but fail to get above the minimum voter threshold :pray:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lima posted:

Hopefully she'll poach DF votes but fail to get above the minimum voter threshold :pray:

At one point 13% of the population wanted a party to the right of DF. :shrug:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Liberalernas partiledare Jan Björklund säger att partiet är redo att släppa fram en S-ledd regering, och ingå ett budgetsamarbete – om S gör en ”rejäl högersväng” i politiken.

:v: this is tyranny from a minority. Or they're preparing themselves to abstain on the next M proposal.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Im more worried about the anti LAS and marketbased rent than any tax cuts to be honest. Lööf is not a humanitarian, she hates unions and want to use economic migrants to break them. M, KD, V and SD can still stop this if L and C uses the yellow button. I doubt S will be able to sell that list of demands to their voters, especially at 28%.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 28, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This is how the Commerce Minsiter views society. You can really tell they were scraping the bottom of the barrel when loving Jarlov was appointed, gently caress me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's curious how the "other people's money" narrative never applies to the person whose salary could feed, clothe and lodge the entire homeless population.

E: Or even the people skimming billions in tax fraud, embezzlement or otherwise shady business dealings, despite being literal thieves.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 28, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's hard to keep all the poo poo straight anymore, but IIRC he also uses unpaid interns.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Hahah, what a loving moron. That's the kind of quality learning you get from a CBS degree.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Does Steffe need any yes votes from Alliansen or are abstentions enough? Because now I'm starting to believe that C & L are hard no on SD. Then again maybe Steffe can ruin another party buy having it as a minority member of his regering. Otherwise my guess is nyval, but last time we got DÖ instead...

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

SplitSoul posted:

It's hard to keep all the poo poo straight anymore, but IIRC he also uses unpaid interns.

Isn't he working in the government? Probably pulling in more money than the average welfare recipient?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 36 hours!)

Sitting at home tonight, thinking I've just about given up on Denmark. Sigh.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cynic Jester posted:

Isn't he working in the government? Probably pulling in more money than the average welfare recipient?

His base public servant wage is 1.2 million, not counting all the loose stuff, donations, etc. Also receives double pension from the age of 60, exactly 11½ years before I'm allowed to retire. (Used to be the very lucrative minister pension was paid out from the day they left office, and it still applies to some who were ministers before 2000.)

Edit: I misremembered, it wasn't unpaid interns, it was a straight up illegal contract for employees in the firm he established when he didn't get re-elected in 2011. He's Commerce Minister.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 28, 2018

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Edit: I misremembered, it wasn't unpaid interns, it was a straight up illegal contract for employees in the firm he established when he didn't get re-elected in 2011. He's Commerce Minister.
guillotine

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I know this is the Scandinavian Politics thread, not the Nordic Politics thread, but I felt like I had to post this somewhere.

A bunch of Icelandic MPs got drunk at a bar and were caught on tape being corrupt and all-around awful One of them was, of course, Sigmundur Davíð, the former prime minister of Panama Papers fame.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Miljöpartiet kommer rösta ner varje regering som de själva inte ingår i. Det beskedet ger språkrören Isabella Lövin och Gustav Fridolin i intervjuer med Sveriges radio och SVT.

:v: this is so fun to watch.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lets just have the re-election already. It's clear no one wants this.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
I doubt MP and FP are very keen on a new election so i feel like they'll fold.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's funny to see the MP, the meekest lapdogs in parliament, sense blood in the water and suddenly try to stand up to daddy Löfven.

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 30, 2018

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

Lets just have the re-election already. It's clear no one wants this.

Why not four more years of this? :thunk:

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Does MP not understand how bad it was for them to be in regeringen? They couldn't even stop the sale of Vattenfalls coal plants. And I don't think I can name a single thing that they accomplished in the last 4 years.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

zokie posted:

Does MP not understand how bad it was for them to be in regeringen? They couldn't even stop the sale of Vattenfalls coal plants. And I don't think I can name a single thing that they accomplished in the last 4 years.

Popular reforms like Kemikalieskatt och flygskatt...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Laws that make the homeless suffer amid hefty increase in their number (33% generally, doubled for young people): Righteous or just a necessary evil?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

SplitSoul posted:

Laws that make the homeless suffer amid hefty increase in their number (33% generally, doubled for young people): Righteous or just a necessary evil?

That's quite an exhaustive list of opinions one can have on the topic.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Are they good or better?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If only there was something we could do to counteract homelessness. If only there was something the supposed strongest welfare nation in the world could do to ease the lot of marginalized people... nope, I'm drawing a blank, there is but to kick them around until they die on their own or go die in a different country. Let's discuss whether we should be proud of doing this, or if it's just the least evil thing we could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Danmark delenda est.