Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scientific explanation: Whenever sumo man does those stomps it lifts nutrients from the pond's floor that feeds the koi. Itagaki you are a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was image searching oliva exploding for the kengan asura thread and saw this

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Pocket hand :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oliva is going to try that dumb rear end gimmick match with the handkerchief

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
That fight was hilarious. Especially since the fan translation actually called it the hiten mitsurugi style.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/488910/1 its happening :D

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I can't wait for this big boy to stomp biscuit in half.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

3 weeks until the cucks at netflix release this

e: https://twitter.com/TheSlyStallone/status/25629169972

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
You said it, Sly.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

He violated the non-aggression principle.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i like the idea that a man from 32bc was capable of getting that huge

https://mangadex.org/chapter/491592/1

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just ran into this anime on youtube out of nowhere. It was the fight between the Yakusa boss and Speck

It was so ridiculous and stupid and awesome that I am now a fan of this series. The biggest complaint I have is the massive focus on The Ogre, the dullest antagonist ever. Every other character is great and I enjoy their fights tho

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Zzulu posted:

I just ran into this anime on youtube out of nowhere. It was the fight between the Yakusa boss and Speck

It was so ridiculous and stupid and awesome that I am now a fan of this series. The biggest complaint I have is the massive focus on The Ogre, the dullest antagonist ever. Every other character is great and I enjoy their fights tho

Just wait until you see him battle in the form of making imaginary soup. (This is real. This happens.)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I know, I just finished that arc. I really wanted Baki to win, instead we got soup

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I believe you're misremembering. Baki did win. He made him admit his soup was salty.
:goonsay:

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Awesome! I love it when all my favorite characters job to some dude with no backstory

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I'm Tokugawa's face that's half horrified half aroused.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Isn't this pretty normal for Baki? I thought it was customary to trot out one of the characters to get chumped by the new guy but then they were usually like "hey that was pretty good I'm totally fine though." Including sometimes when losing a hand/teeth/most of their face.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Glagha posted:

Isn't this pretty normal for Baki? I thought it was customary to trot out one of the characters to get chumped by the new guy but then they were usually like "hey that was pretty good I'm totally fine though." Including sometimes when losing a hand/teeth/most of their face.

Yeah, it really makes heavy use of wrestling tropes.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jose posted:

i like the idea that a man from 32bc was capable of getting that huge

https://mangadex.org/chapter/491592/1

its like Yes you are strong but I am too big/fat/tall for you to get the right angle and leverage. AND NOW IT IS MY TURN

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
^plop^

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So clearly the superstrong in this setting can be shot and cut, like the Yakuza boss being shot by that psycho criminal guy

Even the Ogre got subdued by tranq darts? Yet they keep saying that guys like Ogre could defeat entire armies, to the point where the USA was afraid of him? Wouldn't a bunch of guys with machine guns do him in? What about a helicopter pumping high powered rounds into him? the durability of the people in this series make absolutely zero sense and I love it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yuujiro hadn't broke out the DEMON BACK MUSCLES yet so he was holding back

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

So clearly the superstrong in this setting can be shot and cut, like the Yakuza boss being shot by that psycho criminal guy

Even the Ogre got subdued by tranq darts? Yet they keep saying that guys like Ogre could defeat entire armies, to the point where the USA was afraid of him? Wouldn't a bunch of guys with machine guns do him in? What about a helicopter pumping high powered rounds into him? the durability of the people in this series make absolutely zero sense and I love it

he would lose in a regular ground war but a big part of his character is that he spent the vietnam war massacring american soldiers so that kind of war he's good at. Mostly though its the idea that you can't stop him getting somewhere he wants to go

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just snipe him

Like with the tranq darts

but bullets

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I always wonder why dudes even pick fights with Yujiro of their own accord. Guys that should know who he is. I guess it's just because the entire cast is made up of giant fightboys with more muscle than brains and they just want to punch each other to death. (but then live anyway through increasingly absurd amounts of punishment)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eustace posted:

Awesome! I love it when all my favorite characters job to some dude with no backstory

it is the way of baki

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The Strong is the Beautiful.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Glagha posted:

I always wonder why dudes even pick fights with Yujiro of their own accord. Guys that should know who he is. I guess it's just because the entire cast is made up of giant fightboys with more muscle than brains and they just want to punch each other to death. (but then live anyway through increasingly absurd amounts of punishment)

I think the last one to do so was Hanayama and that was when everyone was being afflicted with the dreaded curse of The Yawns so he required some extreme thrills to feel again.

Yujiro has always been the shittiest part of this series though so whenever the plot doesn't even tangentially involve him is when Baki is at its best.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Bushmeister posted:

I think the last one to do so was Hanayama and that was when everyone was being afflicted with the dreaded curse of The Yawns so he required some extreme thrills to feel again.

Yujiro has always been the shittiest part of this series though so whenever the plot doesn't even tangentially involve him is when Baki is at its best.
Incorrect the chinese tournament arc rules and is directly after the convict arc so maybe it will get animated!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zzulu posted:

He would use that same "make people think invisible things exist" ability to convince all the soldiers that their guns were broken.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Glagha posted:

Just wait until you see him battle in the form of making imaginary soup. (This is real. This happens.)

A man pantomimes making soup so deftly that the assembled crowd of thousands hallucinates the sights and smells, and this is the dramatic and emotional climax of three battle mangas.

SummerLove
Oct 28, 2015
The show "Baki" where the main character Baki was in for 5 minutes so far 🤬

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SummerLove posted:

The show "Baki" where the main character Baki was in for 5 minutes so far 🤬

People kept complaining about it but I think it's good because only it and Kengan Asura give that much of a wide berth for supporting characters to shine

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
He's too busy getting his dick sucked to show up.

SummerLove
Oct 28, 2015

Plutonis posted:

People kept complaining about it but I think it's good because only it and Kengan Asura give that much of a wide berth for supporting characters to shine

I get that, but there better be enough episodes for him to develope as well. I mean the only real development so far he had this season is that he ain't a virgin anymore. Lol

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I think in the lead up to the Baki v Yujiro final fight they established because the US made a treaty with him, he basically has political protection from assassination. So while you could get someone to snipe him, it would essentially cause World War 3 in the process.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Biscuit olivia got shot in the chest with a shotgun and it did not even faze him.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Musashi was basically defeated by a tazer gun and only got back up because they stopped tazering him. And he's supposed to be a top tier supermonster strong guy

He then proceeds to kill a small army of heavily armed SWAT teams without them being able to get a single shot off at him

Basically the strong in this comic can do whatever the plot demands at any point but are also somehow vulnerable to everything as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I enjoy the recurring Baki ability of being able to pretend to do something so well that everyone can see it. My favorite scene in the OVA was Baki demonstrating that he'd been training to fight Retsu by fighting his imaginary friend then demonstrates for everyone by kicking his own rear end.

Edit: Also musashi cutting you with an imaginary sword so hard that you think you died.

Glagha fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 3, 2018