Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Guy From Harlem is a weird movie because it is clearly someone trying to write a "cool" character but has absolutely no idea how someone like that would act.

I know! It's amazing. The filmmakers were trying to copy the blaxploitation style without any knowledge of the style, the actors' charisma, the creativeness of the genre, the... actually I'm not certain if they'd ever seen a film before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
J&B is a good blended scotch.

Also it was very popular in Italian movies of the time.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I bought Setting Up A Room after the discussion a page or two ago...

IT'S A HALF HOUR LONG?! :psyduck:

it's worth every frame

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Breadallelogram posted:

it's worth every frame

It really is. It took courage to make that film.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gozinbulx posted:

J&B is a good blended scotch.

Also it was very popular in Italian movies of the time.

Having watched many Italian crime films and police dramas of the 1970s, I can attest that there are two things you will always see in these films that are ever-present in the police chief's office: a bottle of J&B, and the portrait of Giovanni Leone, the then-president of Italy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm reasonably sure the orbit screen of Kerbal Space Program is on one of the TV's in the background during a scene in Atlantic Rim.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Concepts song was worth the whole season, that movie was written down furiously while listening to a 5yo trying to make a story. I still feel like they really need to leave even a few gaps between heckles in the movies, its airtight jokes rather than really dense, although funny. But the vaudeville is A++. I take it movie in the hole guy is Joel, right?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

muscles like this! posted:

The entire Sister-Wife plot point in Ator is so loving weird because it is so unnecessary. Absolutely nothing would have been different if it was just some other random lady from the village.

Also the "Ator, we just went over this" riff got a big laugh in my house.

I loved "You saved me a dowry!"

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

wit posted:

Concepts song was worth the whole season, that movie was written down furiously while listening to a 5yo trying to make a story. I still feel like they really need to leave even a few gaps between heckles in the movies, its airtight jokes rather than really dense, although funny. But the vaudeville is A++. I take it movie in the hole guy is Joel, right?

yeah, ardy is joel. i'm definitely coming around to the songs this season.

killer fish: "wow, polyester must be hard to button..."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

yeah, ardy is joel. i'm definitely coming around to the songs this season.

It’s better now that they have Growler on keyboards and M. Waverly on his tiny adorable instruments :3:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Gaz-L posted:

I bought Setting Up A Room after the discussion a page or two ago...

IT'S A HALF HOUR LONG?! :psyduck:

Now watch "Fun in Balloonland" :unsmigghh:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

Good god man. Do you WANT him to lose his sanity?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't think I'm going to make it through Atlantic Rim. Five seconds in and I'm already broken by how they're pronouncing Herodotus.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bruceski posted:

I don't think I'm going to make it through Atlantic Rim. Five seconds in and I'm already broken by how they're pronouncing Herodotus.

But you gotta stay on the horn, the General wants to talk to you! :mil101:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SirPhoebos posted:

there is no fun

there is no fun in balloonland

there is no fun

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

But you gotta stay on the horn, the General wants to talk to you! :mil101:

I think the writer was legitimately proud of "get on the horn."

He's like, hey, I'm writing this cheap movie that basically just needs to be a step above a bunch of crayon drawings made by a 5-year-old, but this is a great line. I should use this more often. Maybe this can be my "streets ahead."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

there is no fun

there is no fun

Yay-Yay!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cemetry Gator posted:

I think the writer was legitimately proud of "get on the horn."

He's like, hey, I'm writing this cheap movie that basically just needs to be a step above a bunch of crayon drawings made by a 5-year-old, but this is a great line. I should use this more often. Maybe this can be my "streets ahead."

You've never heard the phrase "Get on the horn"?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I've def. never heard the phrase 'bull butter'

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SirPhoebos posted:

Do this. You will walk away a different person but it’s one of their finest riffs.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Lol

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Davros1 posted:

I've heard it, but rarely as often as this film.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I... I'll just watch Shake Hands With Danger again instead...

Or maybe my good pal Norman...

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 1, 2018

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If you're being a baby about watching Atlantic Rim, do NOT even attempt Fun in Balloonland.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Light Gun Man posted:

If you're being a baby about watching Atlantic Rim, do NOT even attempt Fun in Balloonland.

I disagree. It’s worth it to hear the guys reduced to gibbering, frothing rage by the end.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Proteus Jones posted:

I disagree. It’s worth it to hear the guys reduced to gibbering, frothing rage by the end.

Oh absolutely, I'm referring more to the viewer's fortitude here.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Light Gun Man posted:

Oh absolutely, I'm referring more to the viewer's fortitude here.

Oh, yeah. The movie itself is like a stun gun to the brain.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Watching the knock offs this season, do you think MST3K would ever do a CGI or cartoon movie? I've always loved awful poo poo like animal world soccer or basically anything made by video brinquedo (the brazillian pixar knockoffs) I think the only downfall of them is that they're all so badly animated, voiced and have such dire plot you'd run out of fresh jokes after 5 mins and have to keep repeating "like seriously, look at this poo poo".

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

wit posted:

Watching the knock offs this season, do you think MST3K would ever do a CGI or cartoon movie? I've always loved awful poo poo like animal world soccer or basically anything made by video brinquedo (the brazillian pixar knockoffs) I think the only downfall of them is that they're all so badly animated, voiced and have such dire plot you'd run out of fresh jokes after 5 mins and have to keep repeating "like seriously, look at this poo poo".

I'm completely surprised that Rifftrax has yet to tackle FoodFight.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gavok posted:

My man, comedy has its limits.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

wit posted:

I think the closest we'll get is the Gumby short, though I think Rifftrax did some X-Mas cartoons

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wait, was Gumby actually bad? I don't know if I can handle this.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

they can riff things that are good

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

My man, comedy has its limits.

I wonder if this is why they haven't done a Neil Breen film.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
jonah pronounces moog correctly 😍

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Gavok posted:

Considering that it's now owned by an insurance company, I doubt anyone is going to be allowed to touch it if they can't cover Charlie Sheen's coke bill.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

double post

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Mantis42 posted:

Wait, was Gumby actually bad? I don't know if I can handle this.

Don't worry your squishy little head about it

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Dixville posted:

Don't worry your squishy little head about it
I thought this was going to be about robot rumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Light Gun Man posted:

I just looked at the trailer for that, and my god does it look horrifying as both a movie and riffing experience :suspense: