Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's this

E: tax, from the latest chapter

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

ANGUISH is the gathering of members of the New Jersey-based experimental hip-hop group Dälek (electronic musician and vocalist Will Brooks with guitarist-keyboardist Mike Mare), the Swedish free jazz group Fire! Orchestra (tenor saxophonist Mats Gustafsson, drummer Andreas Werliin) and the classic ‘70s German krautrock band Faust (keyboardist and 68-year-old founding member Hans Joachim Irmler).

lmao this is only gonna appeal to like 4 people here but this smash up group is wild

Lmfao, this seems like it's laser targeted at my musical interests

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

What manga is that? I need to read it now.

https://mangadex.org/title/22281/misoshiru-de-kanpai

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's december and some shitlord was already playing christmas songs already and now i have this in my head and you should too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKS8MeTGGAQ
when i first heard this, i've just seen excel saga and not seen sailor moon yet, and let me tell you hearing excel sing this poo poo sure was out there. especially the monologues on food :3:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mirage posted:

Cripes, if Senryuu Shoujo gets an anime, that's a huge chunk of my "high-school romcom" reading list up on the screen next year (along with We Can't Study and Komi-san).

Maybe someone will option Misoshiru de Kanpai and fill out the list.

It is my solemn duty to inform you that you should read Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ondores_Lies/status/649389292293365760

I guess we're close enough to bring this one back.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Maybe I'm late to the party on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmE_0u2ZOzA

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXF6PE1Ng8

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Never forget: Opera-ready vocal chords. :swoon:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

drat, harsh

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

You clipped out the right half of the page...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Julias posted:

You clipped out the right half of the page...

it's a bonus for those who click

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Agronox posted:

It is my solemn duty to inform you that you should read Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To.

Oh geez yeah that one too! Dang this is a good year for school-age hijinx anime adaptations.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:kimchi:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Powerful chapter

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/moimoiland480/status/1069728490277093376?s=19

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Robit

https://imgur.com/a/4pzNoX2

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1069767702720536576

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Here's a trade, I listened to this album on a recent long drive from Chicago and I forgot how excellent it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3CdkoM9BnY

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That's amazing. :allears:

Also the Tequila gundam shot glass.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the virgin g gundam fan: windmill gundam xDD

the chad gundam reco fan:

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 5, 2018

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

the chad gundam reco fam:

lmao if you're not a virgin

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

the chad gundam reco fan:

They're both chad

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The only virgin gundam fans are UC fans.

Zeon apologia/wankery please leave this franchise!

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I vaguely recall people in the gundam thread circa Zorak-era trying really hard to push the "Zeon and the Federation are both evil, truth in the middle!" line. It was kind of disturbing because at no point in the shows is Zeon shown as anything more than a bunch of genocidal nutjobs who started a war of aggression by gassing colonies and dropping them on earth. The worst the Federation ever did was say "Acceptable Losses" when they lost a bunch of people due to incompetence.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Cappy posted:

I vaguely recall people in the gundam thread circa Zorak-era trying really hard to push the "Zeon and the Federation are both evil, truth in the middle!" line. It was kind of disturbing because at no point in the shows is Zeon shown as anything more than a bunch of genocidal nutjobs who started a war of aggression by gassing colonies and dropping them on earth. The worst the Federation ever did was say "Acceptable Losses" when they lost a bunch of people due to incompetence.

Not to suggest that the truth is actually in the middle because lol, but clearly you didn't catch Zeta.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah post 0079 the federation is full of its own brand of poo poo

i'm not sure whether Char's dad may have actually been good but if i ever read Origin i could clear that up i suppose

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

yeah post 0079 the federation is full of its own brand of poo poo

i'm not sure whether Char's dad may have actually been good but if i ever read Origin i could clear that up i suppose

In Origin he has a huge messiah complex, and then he dies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Both the federation and zeon are bad but the real villains are the corporations with a vested interest in the forever space war.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol

well i guess zeon was never that great even if they did pay lip service to spacenoid independence

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I forgot about the Titans to be honest but I'm not sure they count as Federation. They joined up with Zeon before the end of the series and it felt more like a long-term coup attempt than the Federation endorsing genocide. They beat up Bright so I wouldn't be surprised if they hid a lot of the terrible poo poo they did from the government. The other problem I had with the "both sides!" argument was that the Federation treated the colonies like poo poo but it's never really shown in my opinion. Amuro's colony looked great, Camille's colony looked great, Banagher's colony looked great. Pretty much none of the colonies look bad or abused unless they've been gassed or turned into Space Texas.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Both the federation and zeon are bad but the real villains are the corporations with a vested interest in the forever space war.

Thanks Space LockMart!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The federation doing bad things isn't the zeon wankery that's bad.

it's poo poo like...everything about Gundam Unicorn's plot.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The federation doing bad things isn't the zeon wankery that's bad.

it's poo poo like...everything about Gundam Unicorn's plot.

The only good part of Unicorn was the first scene where the Chad Federation pilot in the mook suit took on the Virgin hacking, pay-to-win, super weapon piloted by a Zeon "ubermensch"; it was all downhill after they died. When did the series turn into Zeon apologia? I stopped watching after the third movie.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

uhhh the ep of 0079 where some zeon dudes help a lady reach the remains of her home and leave behind supplies

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the ep of 0079 that's just about some zeon dudes watching amuro and co remove the bombs they set on the gundam then driving by and calling them nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I don't think it's contradictory to say "Sometimes Nazi grunts did good things and were looking out for a few good people." and also "The entire regime they fight for and support is unforgivable and must be dismantled."

They don't make the decisions and they probably seem like nice people, but they are complicit in some hosed up poo poo and therefore they gotta go. (no regrets on those guys getting merc'd like 30 seconds after helping that lady)