Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

He proved to the world that short people actually do have reasons to live.

Yeah but does it count when you're born as royalty and then marry into money? Of course he has reasons to live, he's always lived a pampered life! Hell, the one time he did have a job, he spent the whole drat time angry at his boss and trying to find some way to double-cross him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Crabtree posted:

And 17 let that boat go for a wish to bring everyone back. 17 can let go of desire and 18, being a mom, always hungers for more dosh for her family.

I imagine that if she'd been the last man standing(heh) she'd probably have done the same. The twins have always gotten a bad rap because of Trunk's version of events from his timeline, and they've been milking it ever since.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hell, the one time he did have a job, he spent the whole drat time angry at his boss and trying to find some way to double-cross him.

That's relatable tho

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I imagine that if she'd been the last man standing(heh) she'd probably have done the same. The twins have always gotten a bad rap because of Trunk's version of events from his timeline, and they've been milking it ever since.

She'd make Vegeta promise he'd get her that money before making the wish. I don't doubt for a second she wouldn't hold out and make sure she got paid.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Crabtree posted:

She'd make Vegeta promise he'd get her that money before making the wish. I don't doubt for a second she wouldn't hold out and make sure she got paid.

Being Saviour of the Multiverse means pretty much everyone in existence would owe her.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

At 17 and 18 cool with each other? They fought together well during the ToP but they were ready to fight each other when Goku brought them together the first time

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Billzasilver posted:

At 17 and 18 cool with each other? They fought together well during the ToP but they were ready to fight each other when Goku brought them together the first time

they're siblings

ALso he called her child Krillin's ex

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Billzasilver posted:

17 seems to really like Krillin even if he likes to call out his brother-in-law's poo poo, including naming their kid after his first girlfriend. 18 thinks 17 is kind of a dumbass and doesn't think things through and that's kind of true, but 17's just 17.

Plus 17 hasn't contacted her in a decade and probably didn't respond to Marin's baby pictures, nor have the courtesy of sending picks of his kids to her. Of course she wants to knock him out for being that rude.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Funny thing is 17 actually is a fair bit like Goku, just more chill.

I think he respects Krillin basically for having the balls to hit on his sister given the killer robot circumstances and does genuinely make her happy. I doubt there's many men on the planet who could do that.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
There's the "my sister likes him, and she doesn't like anyone" angle and also the "he wished for me and my sister to not be living bombs anymore" too. It's hard not to like a dude like that.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'm pretty sure everyone likes Krillin except for maybe Vegeta, but you could probably could the people he likes in general on one hand.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

*in a vegeta voice* I don't care for krillin

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Vegeta main beef with krillin is still trying to understand how he could be BFF with Kakarot of all people. Like, I know the rear end in a top hat has this dumb protagonist level charm specifically with people that at one point and still should want to kill him, but, like, c'mon. He's a gigantic rear end in a top hat even if he's stronger than you!

But Krillin is no where near as annoying as Gohan and Trunks, but that's only because of them not living up to being 2nd generation Saiyans.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Vegeta doesn't even like his own kid.

Krillin is the best of us and him having PTSD is perfectly reasonable. Dude died three and a half times and came within a knatts pube of cutting space Hitler in two. Sometimes it takes a while for PTSD to settle in.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Gonzo McFee posted:

Krillin is the best of us and him having PTSD is perfectly reasonable. Dude died three and a half times and came within a knatts pube of cutting space Hitler in two. Sometimes it takes a while for PTSD to settle in.

I think you're permanently inoculated against ptsd if you've died and come back more than once

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nah, Vegeta loves his wife and his three children, as well as Kakarot. That much was made explicitely clear.

He's just uncaring-to-hateful towards anyone else. Including the only other living family he has, his younger brother.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

no its bad writing

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
The best part of any Krillin PTSD angle was when he finds out Goku was lying about the top and says "You thought I'd be scared? You were right, this is really scary"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
PTSD is kind of weird in DB as it implies actions hav consequences which does not belong in DB.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

PTSD is kind of weird in DB as it implies actions hav consequences which does not belong in DB.

Eh, actions have consequences in DB a lot. *death* doesn't but most other things do. if characters gently caress up they tend to pay for their fuckups and their character development continues from there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean if you want to call being mildly inconvenienced a consequence I guess

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean if you want to call being mildly inconvenienced a consequence I guess

or zeno-sama finding a new best friend

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

death has consequences in db but they're all about the dragon balls. dying is pretty low stakes because you can just get revived, which is why so much of dbz is about working around the limitations of the dragon balls

like saiyan saga, they have to find the balls and it takes goku time to get to where the fight is after being revived. then piccolo dies and they have to go to space to revive the people that died while goku was on his way

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The ToP bent itself over backwards for there not to be a consequence for Goku

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That makes no sense, Goku suffers a lot of consequences in the TOP. They don’t mean anything long term but if Being mildly convinced is a consequence than the TOP is full of em.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The ToP arc did walk back pretty hard on Goku being at fault and the cause of the whole crisis. During the Exhibition Match mini-arc he really was being an arrogant prick, ignoring Beerus' entirely reasonable warnings about giving the Zenos ideas and poo poo talking his opponents. Then you can tell someone at Toei told them they absolutely could not make Goku the antagonist of the arc and by the start of the actual tournament he's back to his usual friendly self and the plot's bent over backwards to explain why Goku instigating the ToP was actually a good thing and he's saved the universes from a far harsher fate.

It's a shame they never followed through on that, Goku getting the living poo poo beaten out of him by Jiren would have been far more satisfying if he was still on the power trip he was when he fought the Trio de Dangers

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The ending we got was awesome (Frieza willing to take the fall, Goku flickering in and out of basic SSJ), but I think an ending where Jiren beat Goku or at least achieved a double ringout with 17 winning due to just being there half conscious would have been cool as well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

super never said it was goku's fault at any point and pretty clearly thought the opposite. that was just this thread's expectation

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

super never said it was goku's fault at any point and pretty clearly thought the opposite. that was just this thread's expectation

To be fair other characters did blame him and that plot line just fizzled out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the other universes did because of furry universe

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I think you're permanently inoculated against ptsd if you've died and come back more than once

Or you get like, triple PTSD.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Nah, Vegeta loves his wife and his three children, as well as Kakarot. That much was made explicitely clear.

He's just uncaring-to-hateful towards anyone else. Including the only other living family he has, his younger brother.

Love and Like are two very different things.

Stairmaster posted:

no its bad writing

If reading too much into bad writing wasn't a thing then the internet would never have been invented.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The PTSD is probably the best writing from a character perspective DB has ever had.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Four children

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Calaveron posted:

Four children

lol like Vegeta loves The Disappointment, aka Kid Trunks

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A lot of the dropped plots threads like "Goku is going to face consequences for his actions" comes from Toei misjudging where the plot was going to go based on Toriyama's outlines.

They had to fill a lot of episodes without knowing how things were going to turn out in the end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

Four children

I meant four but somehow I managed to mess up my count. Future son, present son, daughter and universe-counterpart son.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Cabba is basically his kid brother though. Like, literally he looks a lot like Tarble.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bobjr posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone likes Krillin except for maybe Vegeta, but you could probably could the people he likes in general on one hand.
i don't think vegeta even thinks about krillin unless he is in direct eyesight

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

the writers really liked 17, goku, vegeta, and freeza. the rest were there to fill slots

maybe they should have done 5 fighters per universe instead?

what

did you not watch the incredibleness of every ToP scene with Roshi? They wrote him in really well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

bowmore posted:

i don't think vegeta even thinks about krillin unless he is in direct eyesight

I think Super was the first time he even said his name?