Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Conot posted:

I'm pretty sure the VA slipped straight into Kazuma voice when he had to do the "Wow" of ogling Shion.

Also Gobta got a good showing but good god Ranga try not to give everyone nightmares with your hellhound anger :magical:

Also I see no possible way they're gonna cover everything in the OP with just 2 cours at the current pace, so I presume the OP was made with a view of including some later moments as a sort of teaser in the hopes of additional seasons (which to be fair, judging by popularity is more likely then not, though whenever I say this I end up being proven wrong so)

If my contact on Reddit is even half correct, we're likely getting another season next fall or early the year after and likely some OVA's to tide people over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I cant believe gobta loving died

I feel like eventually Gobta is going to get sick of being the neglected comic relief and become the final boss.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I liked the Orc Army's CGI. It's noticeable but not too much that it pulls you out of the moment.

Bremen posted:

I feel like eventually Gobta is going to get sick of being the neglected comic relief and become the final boss.

Gobta is already at final boss levels. The only thing he lacks is some random shmucks who met in a bar to be a final boss for.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Episode 11: *Suddenly, decent architecture*

Amazing speed, Rimuru-Sama! How the hell did you get all of that sweet furniture and office space within a week!? :how:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 11, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Top animator embellishment this episode: Shion rolling Rimuru up like a wad of dough after he got stretched out.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

Episode 11: *Suddenly, decent architecture*

Amazing speed, Rimuru-Sama! How the hell did you get all of that sweet furniture and office space within a week!? :how:

The LN kind of makes it more detailed that Rimuru worked at a general contracting firm in construction. So while he can't build he CAN distinguish a good job from a bad one. On top of that, everyone LITERALLY is living to work right now. They also want to make Slime Dad proud.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Stink Billyums posted:

lol at lizard prince's mount clapping for him

This was so good. Show had been great since Ogres showed up.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That was a really well-paced episode, which makes sense I suppose since we're heading into one of the first big set pieces.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad Rigurd's flexing continues. May it never stop. Also the little bits of Shion being happy to just hold Rimuru are fun.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 11, 2018

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
So glad everyone loves Slime. The latest LN just dropped tonight and I've been reading and it's loving amazing with the world building. Like...it's incredibly different. So much time is spent on technical details to flesh every thing out in a way that makes the world feel more real. Kind like how some people complained about the Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movies for ommiting certain things to keep things rolling, but those details while not crucial gave that added spice of seasoning to their respective series. I can't recommend the LN's enough to those interested and the manga as well which has some great omake chapters along with Veldora's Observation Diaries.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
A fun note from the manga version of the lizardman confrontation, the reason Ranga doesn't spend all his time at full size is because Rimuru wanted to avoid property damage from over enthusiastic tail wagging. He's a good boy.

Edit: Also Gobta used the exact same kick that Rimuru used on him last episode.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 11, 2018

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The ogres are where the manga went from "Good" to "GREAT" for me. I've been very, very eagerly awaiting the anime to reach this part of the story and I was so not disappointed. All the little touches - Shion's manhandling of Rimuru, the girls' jealousy of each other, Gobta's gallant sacrifice and the epic duel where he KO's the lizardman in a single hit were fantastic in motion.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
...I didn't think there was a person alive who was eagerly awaiting the old "jealous anime girls" trope, but I do agree that having more characters around who are actual characters helps the series a lot.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

bless this mess*

*gobta

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Clarste posted:

...I didn't think there was a person alive who was eagerly awaiting the old "jealous anime girls" trope, but I do agree that having more characters around who are actual characters helps the series a lot.

At least they're fighting over who gets to hold the cute hug pillow instead of who gets to sleep with the oblivius average looking harem protagonist.

edit: Next episode should have my favorite Shuna/Shion scenes in it when they team up to use Rimuru as a dress up doll.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 11, 2018

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

This is a world without many if any creature comforts for the monster races, and even the Ogres (high rank monsters) village was shown to be more primitive then the one Rimuru is building.

Is it any wonder they're fighting over who gets to hold what amounts to a giant squishy gel pillow?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Vorpal Cat posted:

At least they're fighting over who gets to hold the cute hug pillow instead of who gets to sleep with the oblivius average looking harem protagonist.

And pointedly they only ever do that stuff when he's in his slime form. When he mimics a human they treat him like a cute little sister.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I can already tell they're going to get a lot of mileage out of Shion squishing Rimiru's slime form.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Ranga's so good. :allears:

He's a good boy. Yes he is.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Conot posted:

This is a world without many if any creature comforts for the monster races, and even the Ogres (high rank monsters) village was shown to be more primitive then the one Rimuru is building.

Is it any wonder they're fighting over who gets to hold what amounts to a giant squishy gel pillow?

Different slime manga, but a common idea:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Conot posted:

Reading LN 4 and MAN. The difference with how some places are is pretty crazy. I REALLY can't rec the LN's enough with how much more detailed they are in world building. Like it really does make it look and feel like an actual living setting.

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?
Everything about this episode made me smile. I loved Shuna and Shion's little rivalry over who gets to take care of Rimuru, the entire sequence concerning Shion's cooking was a riot, and Gobta's fight with the lizardman was well done even if it wasn't as epic as previous fights were. I like how Gobta seems to be becoming the foremost expert on the Direwolves, discovering the ability to summon them from shadows and even learning how to use the shadow movement technique himself. It makes me wonder if Ranga picked him for that very reason.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Stink Billyums posted:

lol at lizard prince's mount clapping for him

God, that just raised questions for me. Like, was it trained to clap or is it a fully-sapient lizardman who had the misfortune to specialize into the "You're a horse now" job after learning the wrong skills?

That could be his cousin!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I just feel really bad for Gabil, he totally had a decent head on his shoulders and humility until his subordinates inflated his head with stupid bullshit.

I mean, it's on him for buying into the hype, but I still feel like I can sympathize with the poor guy. Also, he's already named, so he'll never get a super powerup from Rimuru.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

God, that just raised questions for me. Like, was it trained to clap or is it a fully-sapient lizardman who had the misfortune to specialize into the "You're a horse now" job after learning the wrong skills?

That could be his cousin!

I mean how crazy would it be if humans rode around on other mammals or kept them as pets...

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

I just feel really bad for Gabil, he totally had a decent head on his shoulders and humility until his subordinates inflated his head with stupid bullshit.

I mean, it's on him for buying into the hype, but I still feel like I can sympathize with the poor guy. Also, he's already named, so he'll never get a super powerup from Rimuru.

If he earns it he could become Gabiru Tempest.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

World mechanics: I don't think it's come up yet, but monsters can be renamed by a stronger monster.

Vorpal Cat posted:

I mean how crazy would it be if humans rode around on other mammals or kept them as pets...

If they were sapient animals, that would be pretty crazy.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Vorpal Cat posted:

Horses don't applaud.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mordaedil posted:

Nah. He's a big headed dork just like his previous life, Kazuna Satou. And he technically IS the next in line for the throne and is a named monster to boot. It's that he's let that name thing go MASSIVELY to his head. At the end of the arc, some more stuff about naming mechanics is explained.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

From a practical perspective I'm not sure how much of a threat 200 kilo-orcs really represents. Those tight-packed columns would ne incredibly vilnerable to the ol' Spicy Ifrit.

From a moral perspective though it's much more difficult. I could totally understand Rimuru not being willing to kill hundreds of thousands of people without even a chance to surrender.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The Lone Badger posted:

From a practical perspective I'm not sure how much of a threat 200 kilo-orcs really represents. Those tight-packed columns would ne incredibly vilnerable to the ol' Spicy Ifrit.

From a moral perspective though it's much more difficult. I could totally understand Rimuru not being willing to kill hundreds of thousands of people without even a chance to surrender.

I think it's the sheer size and the fact that they will fight to the last orc unless the orc lord is killed that makes them a true threat. Rimuru is powerful but even their power has limits and I suspect that wiping out an army that covers that much area would be beyond that limit.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Skippy McPants posted:

If they were sapient animals, that would be pretty crazy.

Horses are sapient-ish. They think of ants and die.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mr. Fowl posted:

I think it's the sheer size and the fact that they will fight to the last orc unless the orc lord is killed that makes them a true threat. Rimuru is powerful but even their power has limits and I suspect that wiping out an army that covers that much area would be beyond that limit.

Sort of. It should get explained next episode, but will post spoiler for those interested.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Also I want gifs and screencaps.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
There's a ton of gif potential with the dwarf guys nodding their heads and scratching their beards while the hot girls fight over Rimuru.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Angry Grimace posted:

There's a ton of gif potential with the dwarf guys nodding their heads and scratching their beards while the hot girls fight over Rimuru.

Rimuru is living the best life indeed. Well, Slife.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It’s nice having a main character that you don’t hate and they actually justified that everyone in the series thinks he’s the poo poo.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Clarste posted:

I meant the manhandling when she'd get upset at Gabiru, and start squeezing too hard and that poo poo.

Though I did like the bit where they separated and she sort of spooled/twirled him up.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Now I need a Rimuru stress ball that I can turn from a slime to a slim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

M_Gargantua posted:

Horses are sapient-ish. They think of ants and die.
thank you for reminding me of this, it's legit my favorite cluster of quotes on the internet

quote:

Ruddha posted:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I know for a fact that horses are stupider than poo poo and WILL kill themselves if you don’t take an absurd amount of precautions and adorn them in the right silly accessories so that they don’t scare themselves and fall over dead, and even then at best you can reduce the chances that they will do that, but they’re still absolutely going to.

Ruddha posted:

I personally guarantee you a dog will never in this life hear a bee then have a heart attack out of fear, dying

Ruddha posted:

Babies grow up and that’s okay, it’s like, sometimes a great meal is worth a lot of prep, for example. Horses only get more likely to die from a stupid reason as they get older. Oh poor ol’ Freckles, thought of ants and died

Ruddha posted:

With horses, there is no such thing as a natural death at any point in existence: they’ve strictly only died from stupid poo poo. Saw water and passed away