Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah so I gathered, and that's an option worth considering if it comes to that. But who knows, maybe this friendship thing will work out?

Get thee to the breakup thread. It never 'just works out' without a long stretch of no contact first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I think I have a pretty wicked storage solution and want to share it.

I store all of my standees and overlay tiles in two 1.75 inch plano boxes (except the biggest boss, they hang out with the monster stat cards in a ziploc bag) and all tokens, bases, and treasures in one 1.33 inch plano box. I did have to cut two walls out of one of the 1.75 inch plano boxes to fit the 3 hex water/hot lava/bush tiles. I store all of the cards unsleeved in ultrapro deck boxes, the smaller cards fit in them face down, it's incredibly convenient. I currently use 5 deck boxes and between that and the 3 plano boxes I am able to store everything in the box and actually completely close it. You may still be able to fit all the cards in 5 deck boxes if you sleeve them? I haven't tried it though.

Deck box 1: All items cards, with the available items on top and the random item design and random side scenario cards separating them from the not yet unlocked items. Unlocked side scenario cards live at the bottom under the still locked items.
Deck box 2: All monster ability cards, the monster modifier deck, and monster deck curse cards. We use the gloomhaven helper app so this deck box rarely gets used, if you also use the app and want to make storage easier you could in theory just keep this deck box elsewhere, but I feel weird leaving something outside of the box, and making everything fit was a goal of mine.
Deck box 3: All city and road events not in the active decks. Also includes the random dungeon cards and any completed personal quests. If you don't tear up or otherwise remove the completed city and road events, this deck box could end up unable to fit. If it does, you could move one of the random dungeon card decks to deck box 4, as the size of the contents of these two deck boxes are inversely related.
Deck box 4: The active city events, road events, and personal quest decks. Also all battle goal cards, bless cards, player deck curse cards, -1 cards from items or scenario effects, and the reference cards.
Deck box 5: All player modifier decks and purchased items. If you have 3 or fewer players, you can also fit their active character decks in there. If you have 4 or more, you need to keep them in the plastic in the character boxes.

How everything fits in the box:

Three plano boxes stacked, next to them are the class boxes in width-wise, such that the openings are facing the broad side of the box. At one end of the class boxes also put in all monster cards and sleeves in a ziploc bag. Put the envelopes, round tracker, and enhancement sticker sheet in the small gap between the plano boxes and the broad side of the box. Finish the bottom layer with all 18 mini boxes next to the class cards, make sure the bigger two minis box and brute box are in separate rows.

Next, put four deck boxes standing up on top of the mini boxes, there will be a small gap between them and the narrow side of the box, put the 4 health/exp dials in there. Put the fifth deck box laying down on top of the class cards in the corner next to a deck box and the broad side of the box, you want it going length wise, so the small side of the deck box is against the broad side of the gloomhaven box.

Next, the scenario tiles.
-Two of the medium rectangles fit on the plano boxes making them flush with the class boxes.
-Next you can place the other 3 medium rectangles over the class boxes, and fit the 3 big hallways next to them. One medium rectangle is slightly bigger than the other 4, and one long hallway is slightly skinnier, so pair those up.
-Then do the two 45 degree angle hallways and the two small triangles in the corner gap they leave. For the 45 degree tiles, place the side with the "innie" flush against the broad side of the box and the side with an "outie" going in to the corner.
-Take the three 'T' tiles and place the top of the T between the deck box and the opposite side. In the space over the class cards, place 3 small square tiles, on the other side of the 'T' tile you can fit 3 small hallways.
-Place the octagon tile on top of where the planos are and pair it with the 4th small square
-Place the biggest rectangle and pair it with the 4th small hallway
-You can pair up the 2 big hexagon tiles and the 2 big square tiles.
-Finish the tiles off with the 2 'V' tiles on top of the plano boxes.
-Place the rulebook on top of the tiles, and the scenario book on top of the rulebook with the rings falling in to the gap between the rulebook and the deck box.
-Place the scenario map on top of the scenario book, it will be slightly propped up on the laying down deck box.
-Finish with the scenario map sticker pages.

I don't think I missed anything, but if I did let me know and I can look at the box and see where it goes.

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 9, 2018

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Reik posted:

I think I have a pretty wicked storage solution and want to share it.

I store all of my standees and overlay tiles in two 1.75 inch plano boxes (except the biggest boss, they hang out with the monster stat cards in a ziploc bag) and all tokens, bases, and treasures in one 1.33 inch plano box. I did have to cut two walls out of one of the 1.75 inch plano boxes to fit the 3 hex water/hot lava/bush tiles. I store all of the cards unsleeved in ultrapro deck boxes, the smaller cards fit in them face down, it's incredibly convenient. I currently use 5 deck boxes and between that and the 3 plano boxes I am able to store everything in the box and actually completely close it. You may still be able to fit all the cards in 5 deck boxes if you sleeve them? I haven't tried it though.

Deck box 1: All items cards, with the available items on top and the random item design and random side scenario cards separating them from the not yet unlocked items. Unlocked side scenario cards live at the bottom under the still locked items.
Deck box 2: All monster ability cards, the monster modifier deck, and monster deck curse cards. We use the gloomhaven helper app so this deck box rarely gets used, if you also use the app and want to make storage easier you could in theory just keep this deck box elsewhere, but I feel weird leaving something outside of the box, and making everything fit was a goal of mine.
Deck box 3: All city and road events not in the active decks. Also includes the random dungeon cards and any completed personal quests. If you don't tear up or otherwise remove the completed city and road events, this deck box could end up unable to fit. If it does, you could move one of the random dungeon card decks to deck box 4, as the size of the contents of these two deck boxes are inversely related.
Deck box 4: The active city events, road events, and personal quest decks. Also all battle goal cards, bless cards, player deck curse cards, -1 cards from items or scenario effects, and the reference cards.
Deck box 5: All player modifier decks and purchased items. If you have 3 or fewer players, you can also fit their active character decks in there. If you have 4 or more, you need to keep them in the plastic in the character boxes.

How everything fits in the box:

Three plano boxes stacked, next to them are the class boxes in width-wise, such that the openings are facing the broad side of the box. At one end of the class boxes also put in all monster cards and sleeves in a ziploc bag. Put the envelopes, round tracker, and enhancement sticker sheet in the small gap between the plano boxes and the broad side of the box. Finish the bottom layer with all 18 mini boxes next to the class cards, make sure the bigger two minis box and brute box are in separate rows.

Next, put four deck boxes standing up on top of the mini boxes, there will be a small gap between them and the narrow side of the box, put the 4 health/exp dials in there. Put the fifth deck box laying down on top of the class cards in the corner next to a deck box and the broad side of the box, you want it going length wise, so the small side of the deck box is against the broad side of the gloomhaven box.

Next, the scenario tiles.
-Two of the medium rectangles fit on the plano boxes making them flush with the class boxes.
-Next you can place the other 3 medium rectangles over the class boxes, and fit the 3 big hallways next to them. One medium rectangle is slightly bigger than the other 4, and one long hallway is slightly skinnier, so pair those up.
-Then do the two 45 degree angle hallways and the two small triangles in the corner gap they leave. For the 45 degree tiles, place the side with the "innie" flush against the broad side of the box and the side with an "outie" going in to the corner.
-Take the three 'T' tiles and place the top of the T between the deck box and the opposite side. In the space over the class cards, place 3 small square tiles, on the other side of the 'T' tile you can fit 3 small hallways.
-Place the octagon tile on top of where the planos are and pair it with the 4th small square
-Place the biggest rectangle and pair it with the 4th small hallway
-You can pair up the 2 big hexagon tiles and the 2 big square tiles.
-Finish the tiles off with the 2 'V' tiles on top of the plano boxes.
-Place the rulebook on top of the tiles, and the scenario book on top of the rulebook with the rings falling in to the gap between the rulebook and the deck box.
-Place the scenario map on top of the scenario book, it will be slightly propped up on the laying down deck box.
-Finish with the scenario map sticker pages.

I don't think I missed anything, but if I did let me know and I can look at the box and see where it goes.

A picture is worth a thousand words and I'm not going to read a thousand words entirely about the relative positioning of physical objects.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

homullus posted:

A picture is worth a thousand words and I'm not going to read a thousand words entirely about the relative positioning of physical objects.

From what I can skim it's playing cardboard Tetris instead of dropping the 12 bucks or whatever for a Walmart accordion folder.

It doesn't matter if you can fit it in the box it matters how quickly you can find what you need to setup.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Best storage solution: never pack gloomhaven away

leave it spread out on the game room table at all times so that a new session can begin at a moment's notice

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

leave it spread out on the game room table at all times so that a new session can begin at a moment's notice

Some of us don't live in mansions bought with that sweet TBB mod money bro. My "game room" is just my dining room table in my apt

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Guy A. Person posted:

Some of us don't live in mansions bought with that sweet TBB mod money bro. My "game room" is just my dining room table in my apt

oh me too! but let's be honest: when people aren't coming over to play games, we're just eating on our laps in front of the television anyway, like animals

Besides, I think a second table is technically cheaper than the Broken Token organizer

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I *have* the broken token organizer and I still don't pack away gloomhaven well. All the terrain goes in the top half of the box and all the rest goes in the bottom half of the box. those are then precariously stacked on another table in the corner of the room. One day my cats will knock it over and I will know true fury.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Zodiac5000 posted:

I *have* the broken token organizer and I still don't pack away gloomhaven well. All the terrain goes in the top half of the box and all the rest goes in the bottom half of the box. those are then precariously stacked on another table in the corner of the room. One day my cats will knock it over and I will know true fury.

The worst is when you accidentally drop the box with the road and city events and they all get mixed together and you have to painstakingly try to sort out the ones you’ve already done. :smith:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Vidmaster posted:

The worst is when you accidentally drop the box with the road and city events and they all get mixed together and you have to painstakingly try to sort out the ones you’ve already done. :smith:

thats my nightmare

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
We sort all our cards with rubber bands and pile them in the box. No risk of getting mixed together by accident, no sirree.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

From what I can skim it's playing cardboard Tetris instead of dropping the 12 bucks or whatever for a Walmart accordion folder.

It doesn't matter if you can fit it in the box it matters how quickly you can find what you need to setup.

I feel that learning how to play the cardboard tetris has helped me be able to more quickly find what tiles I'm looking for. I know which layer the tiles will be in, etc.

I'll see if I can get some pictures up.

Reik fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 11, 2018

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I legit would love to do this, but we only play every other week and a 2 year old lives in the house.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Everyone in my group keeps having "surgeries" and need "recovery time" and can't play Gloomhaven constantly like I want to

Very rude :mad:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Speaking of not playing, I'm going to be more or less constantly on the road for the next two months or so. What's the best module on TTS right now? I know the PC game is coming, but I need my fix.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Vidmaster posted:

Keep the to do pile sleeved, unsleeve the done ones, and keep the to be selected ones in a different box.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fat Samurai posted:

Speaking of not playing, I'm going to be more or less constantly on the road for the next two months or so. What's the best module on TTS right now? I know the PC game is coming, but I need my fix.

Gloomhaven Fantasy Setup

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

thespaceinvader posted:

Keep the to do pile sleeved, unsleeve the done ones, and keep the to be selected ones in a different box.

I’ll probably do something like that, though with the brokentoken organizer I may need to rubber band the to be done ones or something. I think my cardamajigs Kickstarter order is arriving this week too, so those might be a good option for the done ones as well. Keep a separate pack of those, unsleeve the not added events, and just have the active deck sleeved.

Also, how about that lightning bolts class? I finally unlocked it and this poo poo is crazy. Any recommended equipment or build strategies for the class? Is glass hammer plus invisibility cloak any good? It also seems like there are just a lot of good cards, and it’s hard to evaluate them.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Vidmaster posted:

I’ll probably do something like that, though with the brokentoken organizer I may need to rubber band the to be done ones or something. I think my cardamajigs Kickstarter order is arriving this week too, so those might be a good option for the done ones as well. Keep a separate pack of those, unsleeve the not added events, and just have the active deck sleeved.

Also, how about that lightning bolts class? I finally unlocked it and this poo poo is crazy. Any recommended equipment or build strategies for the class? Is glass hammer plus invisibility cloak any good? It also seems like there are just a lot of good cards, and it’s hard to evaluate them.

For lightning bolts I just retired mine at level 6. I would say it depends on the rest of your party. If you don't have many frontliners you can take the no negative item effect perk and try and run them more like a brute. In my party we had a lot of frontliners so I went with cloak of invisibility for resolute stand and flurry of axes shenanigans. Are you playing the first printing or second printing?

Reik fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 11, 2018

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Vidmaster posted:

Luckily, my group doesn't have too many risks about 'stuff we've already done' because we actually tear the cards in half if they say to return them to the box. Gloomhaven was the second legacy game we played, right after Pandemic Legacy, and we saw the 'tear card in half' symbol and thought 'Eh, seems about right' and we just never stopped. I'll just buy some new edition of the game later if I want a fresh start.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Ziploc bag of exiled cards is Good Enough.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Vidmaster posted:

Invisibility cloak is hella good, but I wouldn't recommend Glass Hammer. Resolute Stand deals more than enough damage to kill anything it hits, and the condition is easier to fulfil in any scenario where you're not using it as a loss card in your first cycle. You want to keep your HP high enough to use your gnarly sacrifice abilities, even if your team has enough frontliners to keep you from taking hits. If you just want to drop your HP to use all your sweet "if your current hit point value is less than half your maximum hit point value" bonuses, bring Blood Pact, instead.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Reik posted:

For lightning bolts I just retired mine at level 6. I would say it depends on the rest of your party. If you don't have many frontliners you can take the no negative item effect perk and try and run them more like a brute. In my party we had a lot of frontliners so I went with cloak of invisibility for resolute stand and flurry of axes shenanigans. Are you playing the first printing or second printing?

I’m on 2e, so I gather a few of the cards got nerfed a bit. I did just retire my brute and the new party is bolts, angry face, spellweaver, and a scoundrel or Cragheart occasionally.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Invisibility cloak is hella good, but I wouldn't recommend Glass Hammer. Resolute Stand deals more than enough damage to kill anything it hits, and the condition is easier to fulfil in any scenario where you're not using it as a loss card in your first cycle. You want to keep your HP high enough to use your gnarly sacrifice abilities, even if your team has enough frontliners to keep you from taking hits. If you just want to drop your HP to use all your sweet "if your current hit point value is less than half your maximum hit point value" bonuses, bring Blood Pact, instead.

Good advice, thanks! Maybe I’ll keep that item anyways as a panic button, but plan on still taking hits for the rest of my squishy party.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Vidmaster posted:

I’m on 2e, so I gather a few of the cards got nerfed a bit. I did just retire my brute and the new party is bolts, angry face, spellweaver, and a scoundrel or Cragheart occasionally.

Good advice, thanks! Maybe I’ll keep that item anyways as a panic button, but plan on still taking hits for the rest of my squishy party.

With that composition I'd try and go with a more tanky build. Still bring along your health spenders like Dazing Wound and Strength of Agony, but also bring along Furious Aid and From the Brink. Leave Blood Pact, Glass Hammer, and Growing Rage home to start. What prosperity are you at?

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Reik posted:

With that composition I'd try and go with a more tanky build. Still bring along your health spenders like Dazing Wound and Strength of Agony, but also bring along Furious Aid and From the Brink. Leave Blood Pact, Glass Hammer, and Growing Rage home to start. What prosperity are you at?

Prosperity 3, so I can pick up chainmail and a major healing potion once I can afford it. For my level up cards I took break the chains and fatal fury since they looked similar to a few of my favorite brute cards. I was also going to throw strengthen on bounce back. The top sucks but I used the bottom every time in my first scenario with the class, and I think advantage will be important with all the high risk moves that really need to connect.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Vidmaster posted:

Prosperity 3, so I can pick up chainmail and a major healing potion once I can afford it. For my level up cards I took break the chains and fatal fury since they looked similar to a few of my favorite brute cards. I was also going to throw strengthen on bounce back. The top sucks but I used the bottom every time in my first scenario with the class, and I think advantage will be important with all the high risk moves that really need to connect.

Those are the cards I took and I enjoyed them. You probably want to pick up a Long Spear asap. Being able to double up on your stuns is very useful in the first few rooms, and hitting two targets with a big Resolute Stand can be huge, as well as your only real way to gain meaningful experience. If you want to get a shield, you can grab a Battle Axe and only use it for Resolute Stand.

Reik fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 11, 2018

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Vidmaster posted:

Second-hand advice: There's a viable retaliate build, but you need lots of distinct sources for retaliate and at your prosperity you likely don't have access to enough. You probably don't want to pick up Spiked Armor now anyway. The path you're headed is quite viable, with something like glass cannon/invisibility as a good option when up against a boss, especially if you follow with resolute stand. Your big decision is whether to rush to half health or simply spend your hp as you proceed through a scenario; the latter is probably better when you don't have another character who can easily draw fire from you when you get unhealthy. Don't be afraid to take damage/use loss cards/get exhausted so long as it doesn't mess with your battle goals or scenario objectives; there's no prize for ending a scenario with most of your cards and all your hp (again, aside from battle goals).

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
We ran Scenario 82 tonight and had a good time. Cragheart / Triforce / Cthulhu

Scenario and Cthulhu spoilers

The tactics in this one were a lot of fun, and lent themselves well to rock slide shenanigans. Not only is that always the best way to kill flame demons, there's some good traps along the way. I was able to completely wall the final elite Earth Demon away from me and the artifacts because there was still - technically - a route going all the way down to the entry room and back up.

Between my straight damage and the Plagueherald's poison, we were surprisingly well-equipped for the high-armor enemies.

We picked the "good" ending because (a) reputation is drat hard to come by, and (b) the helm (110) didn't actually seem like it was any good? So now my Cragheart has his first weapon - the Hammer of the Mountain - and his first summon, and keeping the resale value in mind, I'm a mere 21 gp away from retiring and unlocking Three Spears. Which I'm unspoiled on, but which I've heard is awesome.

Oh and I hit level 8. That was nice, too. I'm mostly just glad it was better than the awful Scenario 81.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Re scenario 82:
Yeah the helm is trash. It's got a situational trigger for a highly situational benefit and will almost never be worth using. -2 prosperity is a huge penalty and not worth 25G.

It was one of the first scenarios we did and I'm tempted to revisit it if I get an appropriate PQ just to see how different things are at high levels with unlocked classes.

WCL
Dec 26, 2008

NYAAAH-AH-AH!
We ran scenario 73 and hit our 5th loss in our campaign.

This one is really rough in two ways. One is actually interesting and managing the boulders makes for a fun but potentially punishing mechanic if you make mistakes which happened in our second attempt as our three spears got stuck in the back for a few turns and didn't contribute much in the final room. More mobile enemies would of made this more interesting as we didn't encounter the enemies getting hit by the boulders much as most of the pain of the scenario was just dealing with immobile ones. The second is ancient artillery being crazy strong on difficulty level 7 with an awful terrain and boulders. Some of their attacks are insanely punishing and with their massive range (Up to range 9!) it makes it really hard to push up and fight them. It still was a bit rough when we dropped the difficulty for the second attempt but they also didn't loop shuffle attacks which made it much less frustrating. Not the worst scenario we played but it just wasn't a "fun" challenge unlike other missions on very hard difficulty. The good news is I took most of the loot and took a fairly new character up two notches and bought item 45.

V edited for spoilers

WCL fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 13, 2018

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I feel like you've just spoiled us... But now you've fixed

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 14, 2018

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's pretty much what we did the first time we played. Due to learning the rules on the fly we couldn't even complete the first scenario in the ~4 hours we had, and left it "paused" with the box lid covering the dungeon. Of course my bastard cat then had to go and mess everything up but luckily we had pictures for reference.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

:ironicat:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Just completed quest number 12, and it was the most frustrating thing we've had to do. Having a dozen enemies and a half dozen allies fight each other is just tedious. Revealing and resolving 6 different action cards, with 4 players, meant every turn was us just constantly going "wait, who's next?" and slowing the already slow game down. When it came to fight Jekserah at the end with her 48 hitpoints and ability to summon more enemies, the group collectively said "gently caress this" and we declared we had won.

I'm getting annoyed with the design of this game and how the guy who wrote it seems to forget that its not a videogame where things automatically happen. That you can fill a room with a hundred enemies and its fine because the computer will deal with it all. Am I crazy and just "not getting" the game, or do other people feel my frustration? I absolutely love everything you do outside of a dungeon crawl; the cards, the map, reputation and prosperity, having odd goals to work towards to rip open new content, but once I start placing models on the board my love of the game starts running out.

The more I play Gloomhaven the more I wish I was playing Descent and its far smoother gameplay.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
You should look in to Gloomhaven Helper.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Just completed quest number 12, and it was the most frustrating thing we've had to do. Having a dozen enemies and a half dozen allies fight each other is just tedious. Revealing and resolving 6 different action cards, with 4 players, meant every turn was us just constantly going "wait, who's next?" and slowing the already slow game down. When it came to fight Jekserah at the end with her 48 hitpoints and ability to summon more enemies, the group collectively said "gently caress this" and we declared we had won.

I'm getting annoyed with the design of this game and how the guy who wrote it seems to forget that its not a videogame where things automatically happen. That you can fill a room with a hundred enemies and its fine because the computer will deal with it all. Am I crazy and just "not getting" the game, or do other people feel my frustration? I absolutely love everything you do outside of a dungeon crawl; the cards, the map, reputation and prosperity, having odd goals to work towards to rip open new content, but once I start placing models on the board my love of the game starts running out.

The more I play Gloomhaven the more I wish I was playing Descent and its far smoother gameplay.

12 is by far my favorite scenario so far so it's just a matter of taste and expectations I guess.

I absolutely love that scenario. It's so much fun. It doesn't matter to me that it's one of the more time consuming ones.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Reik posted:

This, 100%.

It's saved us so drat much time and table space.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Reik posted:

Oh hey they have a desktop app for it! This will actually help a lot, I looked at the android version and did not like it, but being able to replace a thousand cards with my laptop might help a lot for smoothing out this game.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Oh hey they have a desktop app for it! This will actually help a lot, I looked at the android version and did not like it, but being able to replace a thousand cards with my laptop might help a lot for smoothing out this game.

Some people prefer the tactile part of the game with the cards, but if it's not your bag then the app is clutch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Everyone bangs on about Gloomhaven helper, but I swear, Gloomhaven Dungeon Master is just a billion jillion times better?