Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I refuse to believe that nobody at any point of that production suggested they just fork over the chump change to license "Skate or Die" for the soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03q9VE0sOk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh sweet I didn't know we were getting more fake Scott Pilgrim posters.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, I was gonna say, it can't cost much to buy the license to Skate or Die.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Skateboard guy is getting a hard lesson in trigger discipline.

Nah, the force of the bullets being shot out of the guns is what he uses to move the skateboard around.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say, it can't cost much to buy the license to Skate or Die.

I don't know, I don't think EA would license anything cheaply.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trigger discipline is only if you don’t want to accidentally shoot people.

Skateboard dude is far too radical to worry about that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh sweet I didn't know we were getting more fake Scott Pilgrim posters.

Even the goddamn actor names.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fart City posted:

I refuse to believe that either of those are real names.

Imagine growing up with the name Gunn Hungerford instead.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I want to see a follow-up poster where both guys are startled by the accidental gun firing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Skate
or
Die

Skate or Die

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Shoehead posted:

Skate
or
Die

Skate or Die

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/797946423312609280

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm sure it did gangbusters with its target audience.
Really? I feel like kids these days are so hyped up by movies like The Lego Movie that they must find Aardman boring.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Really? I feel like kids these days are so hyped up by movies like The Lego Movie that they must find Aardman boring.

I saw Spider Verse tonight and after the trailer for The Lego Movie 2, I heard a little girl exclaim "I want to see THAT when it comes out!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fart City posted:

I refuse to believe that either of those are real names.

First thing I thought of when I saw those names:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Megillah Gorilla posted:

First thing I thought of when I saw those names:

I'm trying really hard to not be an old person yelling at clouds as I age but man a lot of the artists on the Spider-Verse soundtrack sound like they came from an SNL skit:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
My man, have you seen the guy who sings the main song on the soundtrack?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's so weird seeing a common Jaden Smith there along with DUCKWRTH and Thutmose

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm always amused by the fact that if you're a heavy metal band, at some point your band name will get mocked for being silly. But if you're a rapper or an indie band, you can call yourself the most ridiculous thing, and everyone will take it seriously.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Davros1 posted:

I'm always amused by the fact that if you're a heavy metal band, at some point your band name will get mocked for being silly. But if you're a rapper or an indie band, you can call yourself the most ridiculous thing, and everyone will take it seriously.

Yes, in the Bizarro World where rap is taken seriously and not the butt of jokes

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

asecondduck posted:

I'm trying really hard to not be an old person yelling at clouds as I age but man a lot of the artists on the Spider-Verse soundtrack sound like they came from an SNL skit:

I feel like they threw a bone to us older folks with the cut chemist/blackalicious tune at least.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I have never heard a Post Malone song but I did quite enjoy that article where someone was slagging him off, then got a bunch of people defending him in the comments, and then there was a big fight over it.

I don't know, he sort of makes me think of the millennial version of Kid Rock.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What the hell has Shia LeBeouf done to himself?!?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

He looks like he smells, mumbles, and doesn't have car insurance for his shitbox Ford Taurus.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I remember when Post Malone was SoundCloud and YouTube guy who guest stars in H3H3 podcasts.

Samuringa posted:

It's so weird seeing a common Jaden Smith there along with DUCKWRTH and Thutmose

Ironic that Jaden Smith is the normal one in a group of people.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Post Malone is an angel and I will hear no slander against him

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I dig Post Malone and that's not even anywhere near my scene or the stuff I listen too.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Post Malone apparently smells terrible.

Also Spiderverse is good poo poo. I love Miller and Lord stuff

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

Post Malone apparently smells terrible.
O RLY?

quote:

Also Spiderverse is good poo poo. I love Miller and Lord stuff
Yeah looking forward to it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Corrosion posted:

I saw Spider Verse tonight and after the trailer for The Lego Movie 2, I heard a little girl exclaim "I want to see THAT when it comes out!"

Maybe I'm missing something but this just seems like the most plainly believable story ever?

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

Maybe I'm missing something but this just seems like the most plainly believable story ever?

I responded to a quote about kids being hyped, but I shouldn’t have left out that there were a bunch of movies you could say hit marks with children like How to Train Your Dragon 3 or that Missing Link movie but the one movie that got an “I want it” reaction was LEGO 2.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There is exactly one acceptable Post Malone song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGvm6btP1A

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

asecondduck posted:

If any or all of these people vanished off the face of the earth, my life wouldn't change one bit. I suppose I'm old and out of touch now. :corsair:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stare-Out posted:

If any or all of these people vanished off the face of the earth, my life wouldn't change one bit. I suppose I'm old and out of touch now. :corsair:
Don't worry. I'm into hip-hop and even I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

I feel like most of these are flavor of the week artists and won't still be popular this time next year.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when the first Spider-Man movie had a (terrible) theme song by Chad Kroeger of multi-platinum global superstar rock band Nickelback?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember when the first Spider-Man movie had a (terrible) theme song by Chad Kroeger of multi-platinum global superstar rock band Nickelback?
And then the second one had a Dashboard Confessional song play over the end credits :allears:

Different times!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Which was the one where they had Michael Bublé (who was virtually unknown outside Canada at the time - in fact I'm pretty sure it was his big break as a singer) doing a swing version of the 60s cartoon theme?

I don't think I exactly miss that trend where superhero movies would get "Music from and inspired by" albums (I believe Batman Forever somehow had two) but at the same time it's too bad that there'll probably never be another Batman '89 situation where there was a score album by Danny Elfman that was really good and a soundtrack album by Prince that was also really good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well Black Panther has both a score and a Music From And Inspired By album curated by Kendrick Lamar that happens to be one of the best albums of 2018!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Music From And Inspired By album for Suicide Squad is, much like the film, a mixed bag with some very bright spots

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I had the one for the first Pokemon movie, of which only 4 tracks were in the movie, two being in the pre-film short, one only being in the credits, and one being the show's theme song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The best soundtrack (not score) is the Spawn soundtrack.