Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the gently caress is it even for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Taking inventory, I assume

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what happens if you put a shopping cart in its way

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
get a shoehorn, they rule actually.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bushiz posted:

drones are dirt simple and dirt cheap to build for anyone with any sort of malicious or mischievous intent. What component can you ban that isn't incredibly onerous and overbroad?

Drones that comply with gummint regulation aren't gonna be simple or cheap to build. All others will simply be illegal and the penalties will be extremely steep. We put people in jail for smoking weed.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Drones that comply with gummint regulation aren't gonna be simple or cheap to build. All others will simply be illegal and the penalties will be extremely steep. We put people in jail for smoking weed.

And people are able to get away with it, even if it requires effort.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

get a shoehorn, they rule actually.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

a guy in the security room or w/e watches camera feeds from about half a dozen of these in various walmarts around america, they're doing some kind of pilot program to have robots slowly bumble around their stores and annoy their employees and customers

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SpaceGoku posted:

a guy in the security room or w/e watches camera feeds from about half a dozen of these in various walmarts around america, they're doing some kind of pilot program to have robots slowly bumble around their stores and annoy their employees and customers

poo poo would never fly in philly if the hitchhiking robot is any indication

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Clipperton posted:

just take your loving shoes off

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Shoe bags exist so that workers can do they goddamn jobs on floors that need to stay clean, but shoe bags are like a penny a pop and require no electricity so I don't understand who this product is for

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Bushiz posted:

Shoe bags exist so that workers can do they goddamn jobs on floors that need to stay clean, but shoe bags are like a penny a pop and require no electricity so I don't understand who this product is for

VC whaling

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bushiz posted:

a hospital that wants to look more insufferable than it already is

e: "your $550 $2.3MM low-50-year-risk benign tumor treatment plan at work"

dont be mean to me has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Dec 25, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Darkman Fanpage posted:

milsurp robot graft

people are used to eyes-in the-sky cameras and unless that thing has a few look-back-in-the-shelves camera arms just why

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/max_read/status/1077936361808773120

a good summary of the internet in 2018

quote:

Everywhere I went online this year, I was asked to prove I’m a human. Can you retype this distorted word? Can you transcribe this house number? Can you select the images that contain a motorcycle? I found myself prostrate daily at the feet of robot bouncers, frantically showing off my highly developed pattern-matching skills — does a Vespa count as a motorcycle, even? — so I could get into nightclubs I’m not even sure I want to enter. Once inside, I was directed by dopamine-feedback loops to scroll well past any healthy point, manipulated by emotionally charged headlines and posts to click on things I didn’t care about, and harried and hectored and sweet-talked into arguments and purchases and relationships so algorithmically determined it was hard to describe them as real.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd really like to see the internet balkanize, I feel like that would get us into a much more kickass cyberpunk dystopia.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
edit: wrong thread.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JohnWoodrowCox/status/1077949486176133122?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EoPoZAHxjI

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

good piece, but it leaves out the inevitable end result

it highlights that this ecosystem is fueled by seemingly endless piles of real money being fed into this infinite shell game of fake everything, but what happens when the money stops coming?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

my plan for the future is to steal carboard standups of actors from movie theatres and use them to corner robots programmed to yield to humans.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

jfc

on every schoolday between Labor Day in September 2017 and Memorial Day in May 2018, a campus in this country went into lockdown because of a shooting or the perceived danger of one.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bushiz posted:

my plan for the future is to steal carboard standups of actors from movie theatres and use them to corner robots programmed to yield to humans.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

quote:

And not only do we have bots masquerading as humans and humans masquerading as other humans, but also sometimes humans masquerading as bots, pretending to be “artificial-intelligence personal assistants,” like Facebook’s “M,” in order to help tech companies appear to possess cutting-edge AI.

quote:

As against this, the commodity-form, and the value-relation of the products of labour within which it appears, have absolutely no connection with the physical nature of the commodity and the material relations arising out of this. It is nothing but the definite social relation between men themselves which assumes here, for them, the fantastic form of a relation between things. In order, therefore, to find an analogy we must take flight into the misty realm of religion. There the products of the human brain appear as autonomous figures endowed with a life of their own, which enter into relations both with each other and with the human race. So it is in the world of commodities with the products of men's hands. I call this the fetishism which attaches itself to the products of labour as soon as they are produced as commodities, and is therefore inseparable from the production of commodities.

I'm sure there's a dozen better Marx quotes about this.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

which book or essay or whatever is that from

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Shear Modulus posted:

which book or essay or whatever is that from

Capital book 1 chapter 3.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bitcoin and poo poo like this is the loving stupidest loving thing wasting obscene amounts of energy while we hurtle towards a hellscape climate change future

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lol

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

:yeshaha:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Owns?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Doubles as immune system booster

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

quote:

For a period of time in 2013, the Times reported this year, a full half of YouTube traffic was “bots masquerading as people,” a portion so high that employees feared an inflection point after which YouTube’s systems for detecting fraudulent traffic would begin to regard bot traffic as real and human traffic as fake. They called this hypothetical event “the Inversion.”

lmao, a cool new variety of the skynet wars where each side believes the other to be bots

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

System Metternich posted:

lmao, a cool new variety of the skynet wars where each side believes the other to be bots

*looks at this pile of soros shill, russian bot and npc memes, begins to sweat*

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://www.wdio.com/GMN/centurylink-outage-emergency-services/5191720/

quote:

Report: Nationwide CenturyLink Outage Affecting 911 Emergency Services
The sheriff's office says, for St. Louis County, land lines are being affected "sporadically." They say all major cell phone companies appear to be working as they should.

Authorities recommend to use a cell phone for those who need to call 911. If a cell phone is not available, use another type of phone to call 218-625-3581.

Lets just link our critical safety infrastructure to our least proven communication technology.... and you're dead.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

System Metternich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK62I-4cuSY&t=142s

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/samiswine/status/1078506903909523456?s=21

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/uwurebeca/status/1078576480215478272

lol

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's like bizarro blade runner