Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Jack is going to job next and then some dumb Baki part 1 guy becomes the next Motobe and defeats the sumo guy because he's the only one of the Baki Crew to have felt the true power of being diaped up. Maybe that professional wrestling guy who was supposed to fight Baki at some point and nearly killed Hulk Hogan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I don't like that the official netflix translation calls Speck "Spec". He's Speck. Like the german word for bacon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't like that its only 13 episodes

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Hold on I didn't even see that. Where are the last 13 episodes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I guess they just really like releasing things 12 episodes at a time. I remember them holding onto the second half of Saiki K s2 for months.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Jack is going to job next and then some dumb Baki part 1 guy becomes the next Motobe and defeats the sumo guy because he's the only one of the Baki Crew to have felt the true power of being diaped up. Maybe that professional wrestling guy who was supposed to fight Baki at some point and nearly killed Hulk Hogan?

Retsu will have a Chinese secret that 1. Restores life to his corpse and 2. 5000 year old Chinese sumo technique.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

Retsu will have a Chinese secret that 1. Restores life to his corpse and 2. 5000 year old Chinese sumo technique.

the next arc will be retsu gets a bionic leg that makes him even more powerful

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hanayama and Oliva chumped at the same time. Incredible.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Don't get any favourites in this manga because they are all gonna get chumped, mercilessly and relentlessly

Including Baki himself

The only exception to this is Yujiro

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Didn't they like, dart Yujiro and catch him in a net once or was that only the OVA or whatever.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Yujiro gets trolled plenty, so hard that one time he considers himself a loser on the other hand, he made donals trump soil himself so take the good with the bad imo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The hardest Yujiro gets owned is someone being mildly rude at him and Yujiro being unable to murder the guy in time or his son beating him at imaginary soup dinner

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

idk who this guy is i just wanted to share someone else loving baki

https://twitter.com/jordan_harper/status/1076621754536087553

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

For real though did that happen? I swear I've seen it but like, I can't find it online anywhere and it feels so weird imagining someone catching fuckin Yujiro in a NET. Like The Ogre losing to a net has to be embarrassing

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Retsu and Oliva are my two favorite characters and I'm basically dead inside right now

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Zzulu posted:

The hardest Yujiro gets owned is someone being mildly rude at him and Yujiro being unable to murder the guy in time or his son beating him at imaginary soup dinner

Muhammed Ali Jr walking out the door was one of the all-time top moments of any Baki series. Does anyone remember the chapter number so I can read it again?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Pierson posted:

Muhammed Ali Jr walking out the door was one of the all-time top moments of any Baki series. Does anyone remember the chapter number so I can read it again?

the whole of the Ali Jr./Yujiro-encounter happens in chapters 171 & 172 and agreed, it's a good one

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Glagha posted:

For real though did that happen? I swear I've seen it but like, I can't find it online anywhere and it feels so weird imagining someone catching fuckin Yujiro in a NET. Like The Ogre losing to a net has to be embarrassing

yeah, it happens near the end of the Maximum Tournament, where Yujiro takes on all the losers at once, then goes after the winners until a bunch of Tokugawa's guys in the stands tranq him and catch him in a net

I can't find a clip of it but it definitely happened

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just got done watching the anime on Netflix. This series is incredible, Spec and his fight was amazing. Too bad Netflix is dumb and has to split this into two seasons for some reason.

Bushmeister posted:

the whole of the Ali Jr./Yujiro-encounter happens in chapters 171 & 172 and agreed, it's a good one

The anime should cover this right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah it just barely does to tease the sequel

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 28, 2018

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This anime is not that great there's too many episodes and these episodes spend way too much time on the Osaka Dave segments.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So I just finished reading the Convicts saga (I tried starting from the beginning, but the translation was poo poo).

I love this idiot series already, and Yujiro might be my favourite manga villain ever.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pb41ua-YgA This would have been much better if Dorian didn't randomly turn into PS2 graphics. I hope the Ali Jr arc will get made soon and with less cgi and more fighting.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

K. Flaps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pb41ua-YgA This would have been much better if Dorian didn't randomly turn into PS2 graphics. I hope the Ali Jr arc will get made soon and with less cgi and more fighting.

Yeah the CGI is awful

Everything else is truly wonderful

In other news I can't find translated scans of the last part of the original maximum tournament from the first manga, nor the entire musashi arc and onwards. This manga is all over the drat place on the internet

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
There aren't any translated scans of either freely available but there's translations for the tournament arc if you look for them in the /a/ archives.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I didn't bother going through the trouble of finding the manga so I watched the old anime on youtube. I really liked the moment where Hanayama stops by Baki's place before his fight with Yuujiro, I thought that was an oddly sweet moment in a series all about insane punchmans

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think all of the fighters being friends and hanging out a bit in Baki is why Kengan Asura makes such a big deal about it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I've only watched the netflix anime so bear with me. Why the gently caress does everyone let Dorian get away with so much bullshit? He's constantly proven to be a cheating rear end in a top hat.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

KidDynamite posted:

I've only watched the netflix anime so bear with me. Why the gently caress does everyone let Dorian get away with so much bullshit? He's constantly proven to be a cheating rear end in a top hat.

Echoing the ethos of the entire series, if no-one beats your rear end for doing something, it's legal.

Anyway, after starting with the convicts arc, I'm really tempted to watch the old anime before I continue. I wanna know what led to this and the old manga translations are fried poo poo.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 7, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

he runs away every time

when are we getting the back half of the netflix series? why the gently caress didn't they just release all of it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

KidDynamite posted:

The only rule is there are no rules.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
What should they have done, call the cops? Traumatize some poor police Osaka Dave for life?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

K. Flaps posted:

What should they have done, call the cops? Traumatize some poor police Osaka Dave for life?

well, to be fair, the trauma would most likely have been very short-lived.

As would have been Osaka Dave himself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

K. Flaps posted:

Well they did get a caravan of 10000 martial artists to take him to an amusement park so that's something.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

itagaki spending 10 pages to show sumo-man doing his hair ftw

https://mangadex.org/chapter/518380

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Man's got a style also luscious af

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Plutonis posted:

itagaki spending 10 pages to show sumo-man doing his hair ftw

https://mangadex.org/chapter/518380

The slice of life is why we read baki more than anything.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
need a Daily Lives of Ridiculous Punchmen spinoff

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I'm watching the old stuff and it's at least as good as yu yu hakusho ,so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Sindai posted:

need a Daily Lives of Ridiculous Punchmen spinoff

I'd read the Daily Life of Yuujiro Hanma in a heartbeat