Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Ethiser posted:

So does Rimuru have the Starving skill now?

Not exactly, but yes. Starving is exclusively an Orc Lord skill, but using Degenerate he folds into Predator creating Gluttony.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Please don't post unmarked spoilers.

dogsicle posted:

:siren:Spoiler Policy:siren:
Don't post untagged manga or LN spoilers, and preferably just don't post that stuff at all until it comes up in the show. Anything in the current episode is a-ok to be untagged, even if you're coming here fresh off viewing it. The airtime is provided below so assume any posts after that point could have spoilers/"spoilers" for the new episode.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Rimuru is now the undisputed master of the hot dog eating contest.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Please don't post unmarked spoilers.

Seriously. I've read most of the WN and I get annoyed with how much is spoiled in this thread. Theres even a thread to discuss the LN/WN now and some people can't help themselves.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Rubellavator posted:

Seriously. I've read most of the WN and I get annoyed with how much is spoiled in this thread. Theres even a thread to discuss the LN/WN now and some people can't help themselves.

That thread operates on the idea that you're up to date with all released written material, both official and scanlated.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

doomrider7 posted:

That thread operates on the idea that you're up to date with all released written material, both official and scanlated.

No, it operates on the assumption you’re up to date on the latest aired episode.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
are we gonna have to My Hero Academia the thread titles

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.

M_Gargantua posted:

No, it operates on the assumption you’re up to date on the latest aired episode.

Not this thread, that thread.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this thread should probably operate on the assumption that you're up to date on the latest aired episode as opposed to a phantom zone between the two points

i get that sometimes it's because people are asking questions but i guess maybe people should ask less questions about stuff that's almost certainly about to be covered

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

M_Gargantua posted:

That would be this one. The other one is for the manga and LN which are far ahead.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Whatever, just stop answering possibly-rhetorical questions with novel spoilers. It's seriously becoming a chore to read this thread.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Apologies. Misread ‘that thread’ as ‘this thread’ since you were posting unmarked LN spoilers in this thread

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Clarste posted:

Whatever, just stop answering possibly-rhetorical questions with novel spoilers. It's seriously becoming a chore to read this thread.

To add to this, it's okay to let people theorize about power mechanics or plot developments without giving them a definitive answer from WN/LN/manga volume 339, even if you spoiler tag it.

Chances are they're just looking to spark some discussion with other anime watchers, or else they'd be combing through a wiki or whatever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

doomrider7 posted:

That would be this one. The other one is for the manga and LN which are far ahead.

What counts as latest aired, CR or Funi?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Dawgstar posted:

What counts as latest aired, CR or Funi?

CR. The other one is based on the latest available translated material of the manga and LN which would be Chapter 50 for the manga and LN4.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of Funi, has anyone been watching the dub? How is it?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's fine. Not a big fan of Rimiru's VA though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Speaking of Funi, has anyone been watching the dub? How is it?

No complaints. I really liked Shizue's actor, and Gabiru is really entertaining.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 9, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mulderman posted:

It's fine. Not a big fan of Rimiru's VA though.

She turned me off hard. Like the Japanese VA felt off in the previews, but in the series proper she killed it. The Funi one just doesn't sound right. The voice just sounds wrong.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

paragon1 posted:

Rimuru is now the undisputed master of the hot dog eating contest.

Does Rimuru get anything from eating regular food? Is his slime stomach just random boss corpses, barrels of booze, and enough chewed up food to feed every baby bird ever born?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gyges posted:

Does Rimuru get anything from eating regular food? Is his slime stomach just random boss corpses, barrels of booze, and enough chewed up food to feed every baby bird ever born?

hes actually being really gluttonous and eating stuff that he really doesnt need to eat

the LN point out in the first dozen pages that as a slime, he just needs magicules to exist, and that Veldora's cave and forest of Jura by extension have more than enough magicules in the air that he actually doesn't need to eat to survive, he can literally get by with what's in the air

if he were to move to a less rich environment, then he would actually start burning whats in his stomach for fuel

eh gently caress it, I have the kindle version

quote:

One thing the replies confirmed was that yes, I was a slime now. I also found out why I never got hungry or sleepy. The slimes in this world, it turned out, never had to eat if they could keep absorbing the magic particles, or “magicules,” in the air. In less magically abundant regions, I would be obliged to fill up by absorbing monsters or small creatures. Most slimes shied away from areas with low magic presences, but the ones that didn’t were apparently both quite strong and madly vicious. Usually it was the other way around, where a wealth of local magic meant especially strong monsters. In other words, the area I took up residence in was so laden with magic that I didn’t even have to eat.

it also means that right now his stomach really is a lot of food, grass, rocks, and the spirit of a dragon playing shogi with a fire spirit

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 9, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

exploded mummy posted:

hes actually being really gluttonous and eating stuff that he really doesnt need to eat

the LN point out in the first dozen pages that as a slime, he just needs magicules to exist, and that Veldora's cave and forest of Jura by extension have more than enough magicules in the air that he actually doesn't need to eat to survive, he can literally get by with what's in the air

if he were to move to a less rich environment, then he would actually start burning whats in his stomach for fuel

it also means that right now his stomach really is a lot of food, grass, rocks, and the spirit of a dragon playing shogi with a fire spirit

You forgot the part where he's evolving into a chuuni from reading copious amounts of manga and developing his own brand of martial arts, "Veldora Killing Style".

Edit: The magicule thing applies to most of the others as well particularly the Tempest Wolves and Kijin in that they primarily survive on magicules, but do feel the need to eat. That alien food manga is actually not a bad point of comparison for this.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 9, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want to talk more about how awesome this series is.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Is there a giant orc joining the shogi table too now?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

The Lone Badger posted:

Is there a giant orc joining the shogi table too now?

Sadly no. Veldora tried to call to him and Shizu, but both decided to pass on to finally rest.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

I want to talk more about how awesome this series is.

Post on the other board so we csn talk about the manga and LN without having to worry as much about

imfrustrtd
Apr 24, 2010
New information is out about how this season is meant to end here https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-01-14/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-anime-casts-takahiro-sakurai/'

TLDR is that episode 23 (March 11) is the final regular episode with episodes 24 and 25 being side stories about Shizu and Rimuru's butler , and the Veldora diaries respectively.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

imfrustrtd posted:

New information is out about how this season is meant to end here https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-01-14/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime-anime-casts-takahiro-sakurai/'

TLDR is that episode 23 (March 11) is the final regular episode with episodes 24 and 25 being side stories about Shizu and Rimuru's butler , and the Veldora diaries respectively.

I saw. Kind of nervous about all of that to be honest. Feels a bit rushed.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I got a 404 when I went there, looks like they pulled the article.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

As a Manga reader I'm not familiar with the character in the ANN article.

I just see no way they can close the gap between where they are right this moment and past the manga in under 10 episodes.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

They'd either have to cut a lot of stuff or move things around so plot threads happen in a different order.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Skippy McPants posted:

They'd either have to cut a lot of stuff or move things around so plot threads happen in a different order.

Nanda Kore Wa.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Skippy McPants posted:

They're doing a side-story from LN 12 for episode 24 I think it was. I'm still very curious as to where the anime is gonna end off though. The episode was good, but it could have used a bit more exposition like explaining the Yellow(Orc Troops serving New Geld) and Green Numbers(Goblin Soldiers from the lizard recruited tribes).

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering if we're looking at a cour 3 judging by the opening now. Jeez, what the heck?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mordaedil posted:

I'm wondering if we're looking at a cour 3 judging by the opening now. Jeez, what the heck?

Havent had a chance to watch yet, did we get a new OP this week?

I think most everyone from the original OP has been seen by now with a couple of exceptions

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

I feel like I remember hearing somewhere that a season 2 is *very* likely after we're done here. Can't remember where, mind, so take that with a grain of salt.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The op always did kinda imply we’d get that far considering it shows off the humans, and their parts only makes sense from a narrative standpoint if the newly revealed character was introduced too. So we’ll see how the anime gets there

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Spiritus Nox posted:

I feel like I remember hearing somewhere that a season 2 is *very* likely after we're done here. Can't remember where, mind, so take that with a grain of salt.

Me most likely since I post the analytics of how the series is doing and it's pretty much rivaling some of the upper level stuff Kodansha and Jump put out in terms of manga sales nevermind the merchandising and deals with companies(spas, wine/beer, food, insurance, etc.) and the mobile game where you can be Lord of Tempest. Not making a second season would be a HILARIOUSLY bad move on their part. The only limiter would be when the second season happens since they're catching up to the manga which Kodansha has stated they want to avoid.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I like Gazel. He reminds me of Philionel from Slayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

Havent had a chance to watch yet, did we get a new OP this week?

I think most everyone from the original OP has been seen by now with a couple of exceptions

Yes, but they added another one from the 4th Light Novel and I have only read up to the third. And the manga doesn't cover that far either.