Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/orl/5948013632.html

This is a Subaru Volkswagen Car Invention. It is a functioning vehicle. It has two engines, one in the front and one in the back. They both function. The asking price is $7,000 or best offer.

The front half is a 1985 Subaru GL 4 cylinders. The back end is a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle 4 cylinders.

Esta es una invencion. Es un Subaru Volkswagen. El vehiculo si funciona. Tiene dos motores, uno al frente y una atras. Los dos funcionan. El precio es $7,000 o mejor oferta.

El frente es un Subaru GL del 1985, 4 cilindros. La parte de atras es un Volkswagen Beetle del 1973, 4 cilindros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That is surprisingly well executed.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I have so many questions for the person who made that and they all begin with "why?"

Somehow I think it's great but at the same time I'd never want to be seen in it.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

wesleywillis posted:

a tale of sadness and woe

Poor guy, I know the feeling, but I'm lucky enough my unreliable shitpile only cost me a grand to buy and I could scrap it today and not be out much more than that. I feel like if I met the guy in real life I'd need to buy him a beer and give him a hug.

Edit: Dammit, I was talking about the Maserati, not the "Invention".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

boxen posted:

Edit: Dammit, I was talking about the Maserati, not the "Invention".

good thing you clarified, i was trying to decide which end was sadness and which was woe.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That Maserati ad should be the thread title

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

a dingus posted:

I have so many questions for the person who made that and they all begin with "why?"

An interesting way to do a double engine car

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/orl/5948013632.html

This is a Subaru Volkswagen Car Invention. It is a functioning vehicle. It has two engines, one in the front and one in the back. They both function. The asking price is $7,000 or best offer.

The front half is a 1985 Subaru GL 4 cylinders. The back end is a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle 4 cylinders.

Esta es una invencion. Es un Subaru Volkswagen. El vehiculo si funciona. Tiene dos motores, uno al frente y una atras. Los dos funcionan. El precio es $7,000 o mejor oferta.

El frente es un Subaru GL del 1985, 4 cilindros. La parte de atras es un Volkswagen Beetle del 1973, 4 cilindros.

I would rather have this than the previous Mazerati even though this would probably be just as much of a mechanical nightmare.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

a dingus posted:

Somehow I think it's great but at the same time I'd never want to be seen in it.

He probably once owned a Maserati and wanted more reliability.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

And if IIRC Wheeler Dealers did an episode on that model (or maybe it was a 3200 or whatever.)

Had some sensor that was like super ludicrous expensive but there is one guy on earth that fixes them in his garage and he wouldn't show what he did.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

wesleywillis posted:

https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/esh/6324690044.html

Don't need a 16k Paperweight? Of course you don't! How about an Italian money toilet!

Some of you may recognize this as a 2004 Maserati Coupe' (also known as the 4200 GT). Don't let that gorgeous Italian body fool you though, this car is Satan's chariot to Hell (or bankruptcy).

I do not exaggerate when I say that this car has been in the shop HALF the time I have owned it. In the last 6 months, I have put ELEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS into it in parts and labor and the thing still isn't right.

I'm not rich. I'm just an average dude that always wanted a Maserati. Since I was a kid I lusted after those Italian curves and exhaust note. Now my own kids come to me and ask me why there's no food to eat and the electricity has been turned off and I have to tell them it's because Daddy's car is sick again.

This car has a new clutch, new clutch actuator, position sensor, F1 pump and relay, gear selector switch (a 2k SWITCH) new tie rods and new tires. It has the miraculous F1 transmission. As in if it works, it is a miracle. It is also seemingly inhabited by evil spirits.

The voodoo priests at the Maserati dealer insist it's fixed. But it's not. And I've seen their facility. There's no tools, just an altar to Alejandro DeTomaso where they place the still beating hearts and smoking wallets of Maserati owners and ask for a vision of what the @#$$ is wrong with their clients' cars.

Come take a look at it! It's Beautiful! It WILL let you down. You might think that since I poured so much money into it, that there must just be one more thing and then it will be perfect. You can drive it home and laugh at the poor slob that you bought it from who did all the work for you. Nope. Not gonna happen. This car will make you cry.

So why am I asking 16 grand for it? Good question. I'm taking a HUGE loss at that price and that's the lowest price I can let it go for and still be able to pay my mortgage. If that's too much, don't buy it. I don't blame you.

Come look at it! Bring a witch doctor and maybe, just maybe, if the stars are aligned just right you can drive it. DO NOT DRIVE IT. If you drive it, you will want it. It is fast. It is beautiful. It makes a sound like angels revving their angelmobiles.

I want this thing out of my sight. I'm tired of sitting in it at night drinking and making engine noises with my mouth while I pretend it is not a huge pile of disappointment and debt.

Do not offer me 5k for it. The Trident badge alone makes it worth more than that. I don't have to sell it. It can sit in my garage and I can continue to hate it. I don't HAVE to sell it. I WANT to. There's a difference.

post id: 6324690044

This seems familiar. Wasn't the seller contacted by a Maser mechanic who fixed the issue? Something like that.

edit: yep: https://jalopnik.com/someone-fixed-that-poor-craigslisters-maserati-money-to-1819186921

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Darchangel posted:

This seems familiar. Wasn't the seller contacted by a Maser mechanic who fixed the issue? Something like that.

edit: yep: https://jalopnik.com/someone-fixed-that-poor-craigslisters-maserati-money-to-1819186921

I love that the mechanic referred to it as the "Italian tuneup" that's gold in and of itself.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

keykey posted:

I love that the mechanic referred to it as the "Italian tuneup" that's gold in and of itself.

Heh before I read the drat thing I knew what the words were going to be. Yes, it is good sometimes to floor the drat car from time to time. In other words, beat on the drat thing. It's just a drat car.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh before I read the drat thing I knew what the words were going to be. Yes, it is good sometimes to floor the drat car from time to time. In other words, beat on the drat thing. It's just a drat car.

People baby cars like that, but they need to be flogged hard from time to time
See also, every Ferrari and rotary car with mystery problems

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Same thing with the 996's. Seems to be that the people that have the least problems with them maintain them but still drive the bag off them from time to time.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

anybody want a "Free" project? :haw:

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/lincoln-rock-crawler-project/6780868767.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

If it would make the drive to Chicago, yes. 10000 times yes

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

I’m trying to convince friends to make this a Lemons project

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dadliest Worrier posted:

I’m trying to convince friends to make this a Lemons project

That would be beyond hilarious.
I'd be interested, but a tad far to Texas. Maybe if I didn't have a job and did have a truck and trailer... and was still somehow flush enough to afford gas.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
But what about the Ranger-bodied Miata chassis?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dagen H posted:

But what about the Ranger-bodied Miata chassis?

I think your first problem would be the lack of an actual frame to remove from the Miata.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Darchangel posted:

I think your first problem would be the lack of an actual frame to remove from the Miata.

In true craigslist fashion, bondo.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/d/griffith-1987-honda-rt-awd-wagon/6787310283.html

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

boxen posted:

In true craigslist fashion, bondo.

Just bolt the Miata subframes to the ranger shell for and aft. Guess you'll have to bolt the cab to the bed, too.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Darchangel posted:

Just bolt the Miata subframes to the ranger shell for and aft. Guess you'll have to bolt the cab to the bed, too.

Yeah, and then bondo the subframes together.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, and then bondo the subframes together.

Dude! At least use aluminum tape.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/los-gatos-rolls-royce-silver-spur-in/6796019402.html

That’s cleaner than I would expect for a thousand-dollar Accord, let alone a thousand-dollar Rolls.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Dadliest Worrier posted:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/los-gatos-rolls-royce-silver-spur-in/6796019402.html

That’s cleaner than I would expect for a thousand-dollar Accord, let alone a thousand-dollar Rolls.
https://www.leftcoastclassics.com/1991-rolls-royce-silver-spur-2/

$19,500

edit: was first here? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Rolls...5.m43663.l44720

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 17, 2019

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Was going to point my SF-area friends at it but I'm guessing now he either fat-fingered the price or decided listing it at $1020 would get people to call... and then say "Oh you meant $19k? Cool lemme get my wallet"?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Pham Nuwen posted:

Was going to point my SF-area friends at it but I'm guessing now he either fat-fingered the price or decided listing it at $1020 would get people to call... and then say "Oh you meant $19k? Cool lemme get my wallet"?
Thats not the guy selling it, he stole the pictures and is scamming people.

"The cars only $1200 but I have this bank check for $2000 but lost my ID, Ill give you that and tell you what just give me $1000 back and you can have the car."

edit: flagged already and it wasnt even me

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cage posted:

Thats not the guy selling it, he stole the pictures and is scamming people.

"The cars only $1200 but I have this bank check for $2000 but lost my ID, Ill give you that and tell you what just give me $1000 back and you can have the car."

edit: flagged already and it wasnt even me

See I thought about that but it *was* a California area code.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Lame. Sorry for posting a scam.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Darchangel posted:

Dude! At least use aluminum tape.

You are right. It sickens me that I do not follow safe mechanical repair practices. It reflects on my character.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
On my local fb:

quote:

I got a 2004 Nissan 350z REBUILD TITLE I want to pass on to some one that can finish paying it off car runs good only thing wrong with car is the clutch is going out I ain’t asking for money just beed the car gone ASAP need it off my name for more located in

lol

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

On my local fb:

lol

So they still owe $4,800 on an 04 350z with a rebuilt title and and bad clutch and god only knows what else wrong with it? Hells yeah. Do you think the buy here pay here lot he owes will take food stamps?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am still surprised at how underwater people manage to get themselves on used cars. Some dude was trying to sell a 15+ year old diesel pickup for more than what it cost new because he had to "pay off what I owe "

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My little sister, who I love but who makes bad decisions and then asks me for advice about them afterward, bought a lightly used hybrid SUV for >$18k, on a 78 month loan.

She is disabled (depression +PTSD) and is living on disability in the Seattle area.

She thought I'd approve and be really happy for her because this particular vehicle gets great safety ratings and great mileage! It has the room to transport her large works of art to the sci fi conventions she goes to to sell them for a little extra cash. It's sooo much better than the paid-for, ~20 year old subcompact that she had to pay $600 for a new transmission for because you know, ughhh, these maintenance costs were killlling her.

So yeah eventually I'm convinced she's gonna be trying to sell a 10 year old hybrid SUV which still has 4 years of payments owed, and is gonna be really upset to learn it's literally worthless.

I can't even really talk to her about it because it's so upsetting for her when she realizes how loving stupid a decision it was, and it's crippling her budget every month. Not everyone makes terrible decisions because they're morons, a lot of people just don't understand what the right priorities are, and let a sales person talk them into buying based on payments and features.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 19, 2019

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
At least she bought a useful vehicle and not a clapped out 350Z.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Mama posted:

Plot twist, that's what she'll eventually trade it in for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Joe Mama posted:

Yeah about that. How much do four new tires for a SUV cost? I don't know the exact answer, but I'm pretty sure it's about infinity times more than the amount left in her budget at the end of each month, which is zero dollars.

I will wind up buying her new tires