Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

dissss posted:

Majestically ruining the garden

Ahahaha this cat owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Cross posting from the greyhound thread, my Mo with his dog bro Reese

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fuzz Feets posted:

Cross posting from the greyhound thread, my Mo with his dog bro Reese

Oh I'm dying.

Makes me wonder if my parents' puppies would react well to Jet, but since they're crazy-rear end whippets, I fear that they'd kill him.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
Not my cat, but this guy is awesome

https://instagram.com/tussetroll_and_tingeling?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1amv52fq7mofs

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I haz stupidly expensive cameras and I like taking bad pictures of Jack who is a big void cat

Jack doesnt like pictures taken usually. Jack is 7Kgs of big chonk.

He's not the biggest black void I've been owned by

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Vanti Black: The Cat

nightly nopetopus
Feb 12, 2018

Possible Dexter.
Defective cat.
Ahhh, Jack! I will pet you soooon! <3

I would adopt all the black beauties if I could get away with it, but my building only allows two cats max, in the apartments. Also, I have one, long haired not-black cat, and she doesn't do well with other cats unless they leave her alone. I'm between roommates, and the departing roommate's 17-year-old black beauty was always so desperate for attention at every possible minute that he'd harrass her if there wasn't a lap available for him to curl up on. It's a shame, because he was otherwise a lovely ol' kitty, seen here:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
More of the aforementioned Banshee, 17 year old void cat that lived up to his name

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
What are folks tips for taking better photos of black kitties? My lil guy is so difficult to get good pics of!

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

GenericGirlName posted:

Introducing The Right Honourable The Chancellor Of The High Courts Geoffrey Basil Morpheus IV, Esq.

My stately son, Basil, who is now four months old. I'm sure he'll grow into the full version of his name.

I love his name! My big dumb pit bull I found on the side of the freeway who was then with me for 15 years was George Hamburger Watson III Esq. and our new little black rescue kitten is Steve Ferguson, CPA

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Excuse the human.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

What are folks tips for taking better photos of black kitties? My lil guy is so difficult to get good pics of!

Natural light, a decent camera and learning to use whatever you have that can adjust the colour levels. Even the really limited sliders in Google Photos can work wonders.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
Hello, PI! I adopted my first cat last month, and she's pretty great. Meet Her Royal Highness, Princess Shuri of Wakanda:

My equally-nerdy friends who first found her and took her in off the street named her, and I adopted her partially because I thought that was the perfect name for a black cat. (Although I just put "Shuri" on the city registration form.) The back of the couch is her favorite perch.

PurpleButterfly fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 20, 2019

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Basil is also documented as "Basil" instead of his while name. Fun fact, the litter of cats he came from was brought into the shelter and named jay-z, Beyonce, and blue ivy.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

I love his name! My big dumb pit bull I found on the side of the freeway who was then with me for 15 years was George Hamburger Watson III Esq. and our new little black rescue kitten is Steve Ferguson, CPA

Thank you! Long names are the best! GEORGE HAMBURGER WATSON III Esq is particularly amazing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Hamilton is a dignified and elegant creature.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

NavanaSokarad
Jan 19, 2019
my last cat I had before I had to move was black. parents got him till he past last year. called him jacko! :D nothing wrong with having a black cat as long as your not superstitious.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

My girlfriend and I adopted Sweetheart from a local rescue when we moved into our new place in September. She's been a real joy, first pet either of us has had in a long time (mostly because pet rent in Dallas can be stupid depending on the complex).

Sometimes she actually deigns to let us take pictures of her.

Sometimes if we're really lucky she'll actually use the real cat bed we bought her instead of the Monster box she claimed when I was getting trash ready to run to the dumpster and recycling spot. :v:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I couldn’t find a “Cat Awkward Family Photos” thread so I’ll just put this here. (Jett above, Hanzo below)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Doctor Zero posted:

I couldn’t find a “Cat Awkward Family Photos” thread so I’ll just put this here. (Jett above, Hanzo below)

I approve of your upper cat’s name.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Pollyanna posted:

I approve of your upper cat’s name.

Thanks! It also fits him so well.

If it makes a difference, Hanzo’s middle name is “Cattori” (he’s named after the samurai not the Overwatch character (who is I know probably also named after the samurai but the point is he’s not named for overwatch. ))

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Gonna just make the be...

Thank you Simon. You're very helpful.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
football star

https://twitter.com/KwakaFlocka/status/1091736819572621315

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

Stay away from the west side!
This is my senior girl. 16 years old. Her name is Sammi and she lives the high life.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

She's so pretty :3:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

been a while since I posted Margo... and it's been never since I posted her new adopted brother, Lambert!

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
This is Baggie

He is mean to everyone but me, who he loves obsessively and defensively. When he's not pawing for my attention he's attempting to sexually dominate my wife's arm or hiss and swipe at my son. If I die first I gaurentee they'll bury him with me.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Harvey Mantaco posted:

This is Baggie

He is mean to everyone but me, who he loves obsessively and defensively. When he's not pawing for my attention he's attempting to sexually dominate my wife's arm or hiss and swipe at my son. If I die first I gaurentee they'll bury him with me.

This is an awesome catte.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Hell yeah black cattes

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

RIP Moka

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Sorry for your loss my friend :smith:

This is June. Today I put her favorite blanket on the shelf above my computer so she could lay there instead of constantly pawing and mewing at me while I'm working. She chose to sit on the bare wood and stick her tongue out at me.

She is about 9 months old and is completely batshit most of the time. Her favorite toy is a poof ball she ripped off my christmas stocking and her favorite game is kicking the ball under the stove or fridge, yelling at me to get it and watching me fish it out with a broom handle.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

SixPabst posted:

Sorry for your loss my friend :smith:

This is June. Today I put her favorite blanket on the shelf above my computer so she could lay there instead of constantly pawing and mewing at me while I'm working. She chose to sit on the bare wood and stick her tongue out at me.

She is about 9 months old and is completely batshit most of the time. Her favorite toy is a poof ball she ripped off my christmas stocking and her favorite game is kicking the ball under the stove or fridge, yelling at me to get it and watching me fish it out with a broom handle.

June's mlem is hilarious, she seems like an A+ catte. Moka was my ornery little sister for 15 years and we loved her every day (even when she played favorites with my Dad). We weren't allowed to have a pet but my parents eventually lied to the landlord and adopted "Little Miss Hissy" as a kitten. This thread is a celebration of black cats and I want everyone to know there was one more of them in California.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Moka sounds wonderful and I'm glad you got 15 good years with her.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Moka sounds wonderful and I'm glad you got 15 good years with her.

Thanks, I feel that way about all the cats I see on SA. If someone is sharing their little buddy's story then you know the love is real.

I'll leave you all with evidence that Moka loved my Dad and tolerated me (though she loved me when I petted her perching on his shoulder)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

This is Tessie, celebrating the Jade Emperor's Birthday

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I don’t even know what to say

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
It's been said already about other cats, but that truly is a majestic derp you have there.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
This is Katya, she's a little garbage baby who was found in a Romanian landfill and we adopted her last week.

sometimes you have to combine all the instagram filters to get her to show up in pictures but it's worth it. this picture was taken 15 minutes after we took her home, she's the easiest most adaptable cat ever and she loves people.

they think she's 1 year old but she's so tiny she still looks like a kitten, the organisation that flew her in for adoption says all of their Romanian cats are half the size of regular cats for some reason. We're so lucky, I love this little floof so much. :3:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Everyone's cats are so beautiful. :kimchi: I don't know whether or not Sully is too white to post in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Sometimes black cats are very hard to find.