Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Splicer posted:

Goon 22 was a later, unnecessary edition.

People wandering in after the conversation has naturally wound down to stir poo poo up with condescending one liners is pretty integral to the experience, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I hope you've got good aim

https://twitter.com/scarytoilet/status/1086760380972572672

My search history includes "urine conductivity" now

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

uvar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY-0ijiOEQ

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

they've ignored me politely asking to pee sitting down for the last time

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

uvar posted:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Javid posted:

My uncle's place has a pretty great carpeted shitter.

I'm several pages late, but this is a real period piece

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Goober Peas posted:

I'm several pages late, but this is a real period piece

:drac:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Owned.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

:(

Please stop being mean to me, I've never been in a situation like this before.

I have. You need to call the insurance and tell them to unfuck your poo poo, and do not move back in until either they or your landlord fix it right and correctly, especially if there's a danger of other trees coming down -- the one that fell through my roof had a broken branch that went through my roommate's bed, would've killed him if he hadn't stayed up an extra few hours to finish the last few episodes of the season of a show he was watching on Netflix. And also nthing the sentiment that even the good landlords are scumbags who will do anything to get your money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrZR2tnJtGw

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Chillbro Baggins posted:

I have. You need to call the insurance and tell them to unfuck your poo poo,

Rental insurance doesn't cover what you think it does. None of his stuff was damaged. His insurance company has no part in this at all.
Stop telling the poor guy to waste his time calling his insurance company. There's absolutely nothing they can do for him.

schmug
May 20, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Rental insurance doesn't cover what you think it does. None of his stuff was damaged. His insurance company has no part in this at all.
Stop telling the poor guy to waste his time calling his insurance company. There's absolutely nothing they can do for him.

is this a joke because i really hope this is a joke...or youre the husband. that would work too

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
it would be both in the latter but just a cosmic one

schmug
May 20, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

it would be both in the latter but just a cosmic one

that would goldmine this thread

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Landlord spotted.

schmug
May 20, 2007

comedy options rolling in. nice

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

MisterOblivious posted:

I guess it's possible to buy insurance that doesn't do this, but alternative housing if your place is damaged/unsafe is one of the main coverage points for renters. It's been part of all my policies and I wasn't adding it or going out of the way for it.

schmug
May 20, 2007

we need a mod challenge on op

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
nah she just needs to read her insurance policy

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Or just reach out to her agent directly rather than dealing with claims to start. At least her agent should be able to give some answers and if not it's time to switch agents. Or stop using geico.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

MisterOblivious posted:

Found the State Farm agent.

Seriously though, Additional Living Expenses(ALE) is a common coverage on renter's insurance. Call you agent and see if you have it, if you do then put in a claim.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

I want an insurance policy that pays for beer. Because if insurance is being invoked, you probably need a drink. :v:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MisterOblivious posted:

Please explain this to me, MisterOblivious.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

MisterOblivious posted:

Uh, my $18/YEAR USAA policy does, it's "alternative living expenses." It's what the policy is for, other than CYA as a renter causing a fire or whatever.

But OK.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

MisterOblivious posted:

Bondematt posted:

Seriously though, Additional Living Expenses(ALE) is a common coverage on renter's insurance. Call you agent and see if you have it, if you do then put in a claim.
In addition to ALE being very common, there's literally zero downside for him. The absolute worst that can happen is the agent says "no"...which leaves him in the exact same spot as if he never asked.

It's a few minutes of effort for a potentially huge benefit. Why not at least make the call?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MisterOblivious posted:

I'm sorry your landlord and insurance agent lied to you. Not surprised though.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related

Queen Combat posted:

Uh, my $18/YEAR USAA policy does, it's "alternative living expenses." It's what the policy is for, other than CYA as a renter causing a fire or whatever.

But OK.

I have and love USAA as well from my time in the Navy, but it is only available to a lucky few, and the quality and products available are tiered based on how you qualify. Just feel it is fair to calibrate USAA when comparing it to any other insurer.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
State Farm and Progressive also cover alternative living expenses, and Progressive replaced my wife's bike when it was stolen.

From School.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mercury Ballistic posted:

I have and love USAA as well from my time in the Navy, but it is only available to a lucky few, and the quality and products available are tiered based on how you qualify. Just feel it is fair to calibrate USAA when comparing it to any other insurer.

For real usaa is insanely good insurance. I had a tree demolish my brand new fence and I gave them the quotes from the landscaper for the debris removal and from my contractor for repairing it and they cut me a check for the exact quoted amount less my deductible. No questions, no hassle.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

99% of the time insurance companies will do exactly what's in the policy without needing to twist their arm. Most people who bitch about getting "screwed over" by their insurer are people who didn't bother to read their policy and or were sold a policy by a lovely broker who didn't explain anything or ask the right questions.

It's so often a situation like:
"Uhg, we're apparently forced to get home insurance, what's the cheapest you got?"
"Well we've got our basic package for your area that covers X and Y but for only $200 more a year you get coverage for overland flooding, way higher per-category loss coverage, and an extra month for emergency relocation"
"$200?! Nah don't try to upsell me, give me the cheapest, we just need to be insured"

*entire basement is destroyed by overland flooding including the $80k fiber-art collection they had in storage*

"loving insurance company is screwing us over!! They used some made-up word to not cover our flood damage and said our policy only has up to 10k coverage for art collections and now we need to pay for a hotel god drat loving criminal insurance!!"

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Crossposting from the OSHA thread.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why not just use the chop saw correctly?! Surely it slides forward enough to do that exact cut properly??

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Not that one, nope.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Why not just use the chop saw correctly?! Surely it slides forward enough to do that exact cut properly??

it's not a sliding miter saw, so one just slides the wood instead

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Turtlicious posted:

State Farm and Progressive also cover alternative living expenses, and Progressive replaced my wife's bike when it was stolen.

From School.
I know this is bait I know this is bait I know this is bait

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

A master bait

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Baronjutter posted:

99% of the time insurance companies will do exactly what's in the policy without needing to twist their arm. Most people who bitch about getting "screwed over" by their insurer are people who didn't bother to read their policy and or were sold a policy by a lovely broker who didn't explain anything or ask the right questions.

"Uhg, we're apparently forced to get home insurance, what's the cheapest you got?"
"Well we've got our basic package for your area that covers X and Y but for only $200 more a year you get coverage for overland flooding, way higher per-category loss coverage, and an extra month for emergency relocation"
"$200?! Nah don't try to upsell me, give me the cheapest, we just need to be insured"

*entire basement is destroyed by overland flooding including the $80k fiber-art collection they had in storage*

"loving insurance company is screwing us over!! They used some made-up word to not cover our flood damage and said our policy only has up to 10k coverage for art collections and now we need to pay for a hotel god drat loving criminal insurance!!"

Welcome to my career.

To be fair: most of the time, things go fairly smoothly, even when a public adjuster is involved.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Bullshit. Complete bullshit. Try buying earthquake insurance in Oklahoma. Apparently it only covers natural earthquakes, not those caused by fracking. Have fun proving which earthquakes are natural though.
I told 2 insurance brokers I wanted uninsured motorist and medical bills on my motorcycle policy. "That's more expensive than comprehensive," they say. No poo poo. Comprehensive only covers the value of the bike. I want my bills paid if some dumbass runs me over. The insurance industry is crooks and liars.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Leviathan Song posted:

Bullshit. Complete bullshit. Try buying earthquake insurance in Oklahoma. Apparently it only covers natural earthquakes, not those caused by fracking. Have fun proving which earthquakes are natural though.
I told 2 insurance brokers I wanted uninsured motorist and medical bills on my motorcycle policy. "That's more expensive than comprehensive," they say. No poo poo. Comprehensive only covers the value of the bike. I want my bills paid if some dumbass runs me over. The insurance industry is crooks and liars.

Motorcycles sound statistically like a bad medical insurance risk.

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns

for when you can't cut it loose on a wrench

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

Motorcycles sound statistically like a bad medical insurance risk.

Which is why the insurance is expensive but still worth it.