Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Episode-for-episode remake of The Next Generation with Frieza's crew and Goku as Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Funny thing would be that Bulla ends up being trained by Whis and Beerus as the next Destroyer. Also was pretty fun to see Whis briefly tanking Broly.

Broly seems to have taken a liking towards the horrible planet he had to live on despite everything. I get the impression that with no natural water sources he'd been getting his fluid intake from the juices of the native life.

Also, still seems like Capsule technology is unique to Earth. You'd think aliens might show some interest in that.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Broly was great, crowd was awesome —best part, really— my trailers were TS4, Alita, Wonder Park, Detective Pikachu...Super Manga seems good...now? and Toei are terrible liars.

But what I really came to say is that Roshi was using telepathy to read minds as of the FIRST Tenkaichi when he read Nam’s mind to learn about the drought in his village. “Oh, I guess he’s not from a gag manga...”

He even says something to the effect of “I can’t really be called the god of martial arts if I couldn’t read your mind.” Though I can’t find the panel, so that might be anime only.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

god, Alita looks loving lit though

like god loving drat I am hype for that movie

Slightly late but I think the decision to keep her anime like eyes was a really bad decision as multiple people I know think it looks creepy as poo poo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Maybe telepathy is something that Ki users CAN do, but usually don't find much use for. Probably because as I strongly suspect, 99% of the time you just get whatever song is stuck in someone's head.

The reinterpretation of Broly actually seems a lot more fitting to Dragon Ball's themes- the setting has so many redeemed villains because the central conceit is that people choose to be evil, and that they can change their minds. The most evil characters are one who had absolutely no reason to do the evil things they did, like Freiza and Cell, but did anyway because they thought they were above consequences. Broly is a character who never had any choice in what he did or what he became, and the movie makes a point of how his attempts at kindness were thwarted by his father who viewed it as a weakness. The people who interact with Broly casually and realise that he doesn't have any inherent malice are the ones who end up saving him, and Goku recognises that, helping Broly settle into a more comfortable life and offers to interact with him on his own terms. Hell, Broly actually doesn't kill any sentient beings at all!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also, still seems like Capsule technology is unique to Earth. You'd think aliens might show some interest in that.

Like Doctor Briefs would let anybody outside of Capsule Corp have the secret sauce.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Monaghan posted:

Slightly late but I think the decision to keep her anime like eyes was a really bad decision as multiple people I know think it looks creepy as poo poo.

I can't get over it. It creeps me the gently caress out. That's not even her most distinctive feature in the anime!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It looks creepy as hell and that's why it's great

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

He seemed quite healthy. A big, healthy Saiyan boy.

Bug guts gives you quite the gains being your only sustenabce for 41 years, it turns out

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's all protein.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The downside is that he ain't got no calcium, so his bones are like twigs.

The muscles provide a bit of protection though.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Andrast posted:

It looks creepy as hell and that's why it's great

Yeah, creepy is good; especially since Ido is a weirdo that would do something like that on purpose.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Not sure osteoporosis is a concern for Saiyans. Every time his bones snap, they'd just grow back stronger. All they'd need is something to eat, doesn't matter what.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Saving money on health insurance through Zenkai Power.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

He gets the calcium from the shells. Broly respects nature and uses every part of the giant alien hell-bug

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Darko posted:

Yeah, creepy is good; especially since Ido is a weirdo that would do something like that on purpose.

Ido didn't make her head and torso, just her arms and legs, and even then those are less made and more scavenged. :eng101:

Alita has bigger eyes than everyone else in the manga (hers are basically typical anime size while everyone else's are drawn more realistically) but, more than anything, it seems to be a stylistic choice to make her look vaguely "off" and out of the ordinary.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Waffleman_ posted:

Saving money on health insurance through Zenkai Power.

Making money and getting stronger through getting hit by cars to commit insurance fraud.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Making money and getting stronger through getting hit by cars to commit insurance fraud.

So what you're saying is that Saint's Row is the open world Dragon Ball game we've been waiting for.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Jean Ralphio confirmed for next arc.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone above suggested Bulla as being trained as the next God of Destruction, and my initial reaction was "that's really dumb," but now I'm thinking Pan vs Bulla to protect the earth and that actually sounds kinda cool.

Not cool enough for me to actually push for, because that's how DBM gets made and I won't be a part of that.:colbert:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shinjobi posted:

Someone above suggested Bulla as being trained as the next God of Destruction, and my initial reaction was "that's really dumb," but now I'm thinking Pan vs Bulla to protect the earth and that actually sounds kinda cool.

Not cool enough for me to actually push for, because that's how DBM gets made and I won't be a part of that.:colbert:

Toriyama wouldn't write something like Son Bra. If we ever got to see Pan and Bra succeed their grandpa and dad respectively, it'd be actually really cool and good.

But since Dragon Ball is in permanent time stasis it won't ever happen, sadly.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Honestly, I think they're setting up Broly to be the GoD. He's certainly got the power.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GOD BROLY GOD GOD

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That would require replacing Beerus who is extremely well liked.

Not Broly levels but who is

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

No reason they can’t have an apprentice GoD to take up the mantle

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Toriyama wouldn't write something like Son Bra. If we ever got to see Pan and Bra succeed their grandpa and dad respectively, it'd be actually really cool and good.

But since Dragon Ball is in permanent time stasis it won't ever happen, sadly.

Do the loving time skip Super

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If they timeskip they'll have to incorporate Broly's half Saiyan half green kid though, that's even more work than before.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

No reason they can’t have an apprentice GoD to take up the mantle

If anyone was being set up as an apprentice GoD in Broly it was Vegeta. He was chewing Goku out for reviving Frieza (not what happened but okay) and not being prepared to eradicate him as a threat to the Earth, then he flat out tries to kill Broly twice (counting the Vegeta side of Gogeta clearly being the part which made him go for outright killshot at the end). Broly seems to be a pretty chill guy who seems happy to be left alone for the most part, Vegeta's the one with the stoic, remorseless nature a GoD would actually need to carry out their duties.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I really like how they explain why Bulma looked younger in Battle of the Gods. Because she wished to look younger.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

multijoe posted:

Do the loving time skip Super

They will never do this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Your new God of Destruction, Frieza

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

God of Destruction Tournament, competition between the best of U7 to see who becomes the next training candidate, including Broly, Bulla, Pan, and Frieza

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Black August posted:

God of Destruction Tournament, competition between the best of U7 to see who becomes the next training candidate, including Broly, Bulla, Pan, and Frieza

This would basically be the Yu Yu Hakusho arc with Genkai.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm in it for Pan, considering she helped defeat Beerus when she was a fetus.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CharlestheHammer posted:

This would basically be the Yu Yu Hakusho arc with Genkai.

But Frieza's no longer voiced by Linda Young...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I need Whis following Frieza around making quips

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I need Whis following Frieza around making quips

"Hey Frieza, Frieza. Look at me.

....bitch."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23zOsTbxWnw

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey how many fighters from the ToP can you remember. I got 65 of 80.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Moai/dbs-top

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 25, 2019

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey how many fighters from the ToP can you remember. I got 65

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Moai/dbs-top

30%, and mostly by chance. gently caress the tournament of power honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010