Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Finished Titans,it was fantastic even with some of the questionable cgi,i don’t know a whole lot about the characters but i got a kick out of jason todd still being a brainwashed little poo poo and batman being a background piece for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I got mixed up and thought you guys were talking about Irredeemable and I'm sad now.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Irredeemable is awful and I wish I could unread it

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Samuringa posted:

Irredeemable is awful and I wish I could unread it

Are we confusing Irredeemable and Invincible again? Because that’s how I feel about the last 20 or so issues I read of Invincible before I dropped it. Irredeemable however was great start to finish.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Irredeemable had a few flaws but it was fantastic, I dunno what you're talking about guy. One of my top 5 Superman stories.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

X-O posted:

Are we confusing Irredeemable and Invincible again? Because that’s how I feel about the last 20 or so issues I read of Invincible before I dropped it. Irredeemable however was great start to finish.

Do you mean Incorruptible?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scaramouche posted:

Do you mean Incorruptible?

I did enjoy Incorruptible more than Irredeemable but both are real good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Irredeemable has really bad art

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

zoux posted:

Also I thought the general consensus even amongst THE HATERS is that it was a really good book for a long time but got too complicated/gory/self-absorbed/whatever like 100 issues in or something. So, at least the first couple of seasons should be good.

Yeah, I thought the stuff after “moves family to alien planet” was OK, but it was really good when Mark was exploring his powers and discovering who he was and his legacy.

Rhyno posted:

JK is definitely playing Nolan.

You’re probably right, but I could see him being cast as Cecil too. nvm, someone else mentioned it was confirmed Nolan.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'd peg Hamill as the Gov Agent dude whose name I cannot remember.

Or Angstron Levy.

Cecil. That would be cool.

I’ll bet you $1 Rogan is Allen the Alien.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 2, 2019

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

X-O posted:

I did enjoy Incorruptible more than Irredeemable but both are real good.

Wait, really? That was one of the flaws of Irredeemable I was thinking about -- the publishers forced an Incorruptible crossover in the climax that amounts to nothing and we'd never even heard of this guy before in the main comic, so it seemed like they just whipped up a whole bunch of backstory at the 11th hour. I figured a book about a guy named Max Damage was too silly to bother with.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phenotype posted:

Wait, really? That was one of the flaws of Irredeemable I was thinking about -- the publishers forced an Incorruptible crossover in the climax that amounts to nothing and we'd never even heard of this guy before in the main comic, so it seemed like they just whipped up a whole bunch of backstory at the 11th hour. I figured a book about a guy named Max Damage was too silly to bother with.

Incorruptible doesn't get meandering and last well past its premise unlike Irredeemable. Although it's got uh... even more problematic elements than the main book, to say the least.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

X-O posted:

No, I meant Irredeemable. The premise is obviously going to be some grim stuff, but the comic just keeps throwing more and more "This guy is a REAL dick" unnecessary moments and they just can't stop dragging on the story that should've been at least half as long as the final product.

Incorruptible had a better hook and better art but it also had some very iffy moments and they just kept dropping plot points with no explanation.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Irredeemable starts realllyyy strong (the "choose 10" thing is one of my favourite moments), but yeah it ends about 15 issues past where it should have.
Incorruptable is solid throughout.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm nearing the end of Punisher Season 2, and honestly, I feel bad for the Rev. He seems to be nothing but manipulated by everyone, the rich assholes are clearly using his family against him for what? To keep knowledge of their son being gay from getting out? Plus he killed a bunch of Nazis, that is always a plus.

Honestly the worst person in this series is Russo's Doctor.

I'd also forgotten how gorgeous Amber Rose Revah is.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I agree with all of that

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

I agree with all of that

I hope Dina puts a round right through her head. It really takes a lot of work to be worse than Russo, but she really takes the cake.

EDIT: Okay that works, but drat now I feel bad for Russo. That will probably fade though.

Double Edit: That Mob Doctor was the smartest person in the show.

I'm not completely done, but I'm going to say, this is the best Marvel TV Netflix show. Which is good because it's the last.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 4, 2019

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jessica Jones season 3 will be the last!

I really did enjoy Punisher season 2. It'll be a real shame if Bernthal can't continue in the role.

And yeah, Amber Rose Revah is like, so beautiful it's almost distracting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

Jessica Jones season 3 will be the last!

I really did enjoy Punisher season 2. It'll be a real shame if Bernthal can't continue in the role.

And yeah, Amber Rose Revah is like, so beautiful it's almost distracting.

Oh I didn't know JJ3 was going ahead. Hrm, I hope they can do a decent Hellcat.

No one looks more in pain than Jay Bernthal. I hope Marvel does know what they have and keep him on, no one would care if they redo his story or just retcon it to fit within whatever they want to do with the MCUEU in the future.

Revah is like Tala Ashe on Legends, she is a muslim playing a muslim who isn't a terrorist, or the family of one or anything to do with terrorists, with being a muslim is just who they are are among many other things. It's nice to see writers are able to come out what is a post 9/11 thinking. Also both are super gorgeous.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, that was a great ending for Russo, and those rich fucks got what they deserved too.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 4, 2019

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I'm nearing the end of Punisher Season 2, and honestly, I feel bad for the Rev. He seems to be nothing but manipulated by everyone, the rich assholes are clearly using his family against him for what? To keep knowledge of their son being gay from getting out? Plus he killed a bunch of Nazis, that is always a plus.

Honestly the worst person in this series is Russo's Doctor.

I'd also forgotten how gorgeous Amber Rose Revah is.

He's the Mennonite from the PunisherMAX run, not Rev, btw. You'll enjoy the ending to his arc.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vince MechMahon posted:

He's the Mennonite from the PunisherMAX run, not Rev, btw. You'll enjoy the ending to his arc.

Which arc was that?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FX CEO announced at the TCA presentation today that s3 of Legion will be its last and that this was the plan from the beginning.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I never felt Legion could maintain itself for too many seasons. It's way too weird and crazy to keep that level of up forever.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Pretty smart of them to quit in the season where things get good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y: The Last Man has been ordered to series by FX and here's the first image.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So Disney is just flat out paying to adapt a DC book?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

ToastyPotato posted:

So Disney is just flat out paying to adapt a DC book?

Well, if DC ain't up for the task

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope this animated Harley Quinn show is as meta as the trailer is. I know its going all Deadpool with her, but at least that can be fun.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think Vaughn is the rights-holder for Y, not DC/Warner.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Oh neat. I didn't think anything printed under the DC/Vertigo imprint would have retained its own rights.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Still an odd choice, given the number of Marvel properties they have in front of them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

Oh neat. I didn't think anything printed under the DC/Vertigo imprint would have retained its own rights.

I think most Vertigo stuff that wasn't based on an existing DC property was creator owned.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Which arc was that?

The first one of that book. The one where it's all one word, after the Ennis one that got rebranded to Frank Castle: Punisher when Ennis left. They improved him and added a ton to him in the show, but the comic is definitely the bones of the character.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Phenotype posted:

Still an odd choice, given the number of Marvel properties they have in front of them.

Does Marvel even have non-superhero (and now Star Wars I guess) stuff? Not counting the super old genre stuff from the Golden/Silver Age of course.

Skwirl posted:

I think most Vertigo stuff that wasn't based on an existing DC property was creator owned.

I would have never guessed that, what with all the controversy over Alan Moore's works and other creators getting the shaft.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

Does Marvel even have non-superhero (and now Star Wars I guess) stuff? Not counting the super old genre stuff from the Golden/Silver Age of course.

I would have never guessed that, what with all the controversy over Alan Moore's works and other creators getting the shaft.

Marvel has Conan again, and then there's the Icon imprint which is all creator owned stuff. Bendis published a bunch of stuff under it, including Scarlet, which is now being published by DC. Vertigo was sorta like Icon back in the day, except for the Allen Moore/Neil Gaiman related stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

More Legion news in that they've finally announced that they're going to have Professor X show up on the show and he is going to be played by Harry Lloyd (GoT, Counterpart, looking and sounding a whole lot like Tom Hiddleston.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So flashback, because Lloyd is still in his 20s I think?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1092880667837292544?s=21

rough times for Marvel Television, what with the Netflix shows being cancelled, ABC’s inability to get new shows off the ground, New Warriors still in limbo at best, and Marvel Studios getting into TV production

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

twistedmentat posted:

So flashback, because Lloyd is still in his 20s I think?

Mid 30s.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1092880667837292544?s=21

rough times for Marvel Television, what with the Netflix shows being cancelled, ABC’s inability to get new shows off the ground, New Warriors still in limbo at best, and Marvel Studios getting into TV production

But Agents of SHIELD, unironically the only Marvel show that matters, already got renewed for Season 7! gently caress yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Arist posted:

But Agents of SHIELD, unironically the only Marvel show that matters, already got renewed for Season 7! gently caress yeah!

still wonder how that happened given that it only barely got renewed for S5 and S6, but I don’t work for ABC so who knows