Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Vegeta made a friend that day

He has become such a good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/cacato9/status/1092433783033188352

"The moment that Frieza wanted to grow taller"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/cacato9/status/1092433783033188352

"The moment that Frieza wanted to grow taller"

holy poo poo

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Crabtree posted:

So anything seriously fighting on an angel's level can punch right through reality can cause some serious poo poo? Like the 5 minutes backwards from the staff is just there to make sure causality doesn't have a heart attack as Whis could punch someone into being their own grandpa?

They've definitely hinted at some WHAT THE poo poo levels of power between Zamasu's ... scythe thing, and the technicolor dreamfight during the Brolly movie. Like, one of the characters (I think Goku?) even pointed it out and sounded confused, suggesting it wasn't just for effect--something off kilter was a-happenin' and the characters were seeing it. The Zamasu thing never really got explained, either, it just... happened.

If they wanted to take the ball and run with it straight into some "angel+ level fights gently caress up causality itself and send you spiraling into the noneuclidian punch dimension" nonsense, they've got the setup for it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Rialisms/status/1092453910852366337

Vic Mignogna probably isn't welcome at Funimation anymore, so if Broly comes back, he'll probably be recast.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Rooster Teeth already cut him loose so I feel like it's a matter of time before we start to see other companies follow suit

Place your bets on the new Broly voice actor

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Honestly just about anyone with a good tenor or baritone register and a strong set of lungs could do it, it's not like he's a super nuanced role even after being reworked. :v:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

wait what happened with Broly's VA

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I never liked Vic's Broly voice anyway. So good riddance.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Black August posted:

long history of homophobia and creeping on underage fangirls, among other less heinous but still unprofessional behavior.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Black August posted:

He has a long history of being lovely to convention workers and entirely too handsy with female con-goers, among other things, that's come back up lately and people seem largely fed up with.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oh ok then good send him packing to Hell

Broly got redeemed and good, shuffle in a new VA to do the same

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Send him packing to HFIL

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I can only picture Zeno-sama's dad as The King Of All Cosmos.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really can't believe karma finally caught up to Vic Magnamanah. Tomorrow is going to a brighter day.:unsmith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

Place your bets on the new Broly voice actor

Give Broly to Patrick Seitz, they loving owe him another DB character he got stuck voicing Jiren

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kill vic! kill vic! kill vic!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The new Broly VA will be Remix from Weekly Tube Show.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Just so long as the character from Super Broly is developed and fully utilized, whoever voices him has a deep and convincing enough scream and Cheelai is there, I'll be fine with it.

I guess they'll also redub out Vic in the home release of Super Broly too.

Little more in-depth of Vic's recent and known issues.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Funky Valentine posted:

The new Broly VA will be Remix from Weekly Tube Show.

God I wish.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'd imagine that Remix is too busy making and then immediately deleting videos to voice Broly in a movie.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what did the fans do to remix...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Peter Jackson's the Namek saga is split into three films and somehow lasts longer than the original run.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's not like the voice of broly isn't infinitely replaceable, bye Vic

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

bowmore posted:

It's not like the voice of broly isn't infinitely replaceable, bye Vic

Well sure, but I'd actually like Broly to finally have a good voice for once.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vic sounded completely fine in the movie though? It's actually probably the best he's sounded voicing that character. Like the dude's a shitbag, but it's not like Broly has been lacking a voice in English that could yell or talk, he's just been lacking one that isn't a gross pervert.

Also Bin Shimada exists

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lets cast against type, give me Keith David for Broly

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

whens the next dragon ball

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The continuation of Super is already in pre-production according to a scheduling leak, though Toei denied it. Between that and the manga plowing on into the next arc though I'd expect an announcement in the not too distant future.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
more super pls

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I just hope it has a healthier production schedule than the last run did. I don't need the show to look as good as the Broly movie did, but it would at least be nice if we could avoid disasters like Vegeta vs Hit.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spiritus Nox posted:

I just hope it has a healthier production schedule than the last run did. I don't need the show to look as good as the Broly movie did, but it would at least be nice if we could avoid disasters like Vegeta vs Hit.

According to Ajay's inside sources, whoever those are, the new season of Super will have a normal development time instead of the insanely rushed time Super had since its beginning. Plus, it'll stick to the much more animation-friendly Shintani designs.

We'll likely still get some really poor animation at times because long-running Toei show but it shouldn't be nearly as horrendous as early-Super.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

According to Ajay's inside sources, whoever those are, the new season of Super will have a normal development time instead of the insanely rushed time Super had since its beginning. Plus, it'll stick to the much more animation-friendly Shintani designs.

We'll likely still get some really poor animation at times because long-running Toei show but it shouldn't be nearly as horrendous as early-Super.

The Shintani designs were the Broly movie, right? That'd be great, I thought those fit the series' needs perfectly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spiritus Nox posted:

The Shintani designs were the Broly movie, right? That'd be great, I thought those fit the series' needs perfectly.

The very same. Shintani's designs are here to stay, and will likely become the main ones for the franchise for years to come with the exception of Heroes, where Yamamuro reigns unchallenged.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I still am expecting and fine with Shintani growing pains only because its a little bit different than regular models. But Toei should be on the war path with making sure Super 2 or whatever is strong with how successful Broly was. $100 million worldwide should have those fucks happy as clams.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Rialisms/status/1092453910852366337

Vic Mignogna probably isn't welcome at Funimation anymore, so if Broly comes back, he'll probably be recast.

loving finally. Glad to see that his fellow voice actors aren't backing down and calling Vic out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

More Funi actors are speaking out against him, including Tatum, Briner, and Sabat.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Sabat owns one of the studios they record at so I think Vic's career with Dragon Ball is absolutely thrashed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the only reason he was brought back is because he was friends with Fukunaga and that's not really a factor anymore now that he's stepped down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/Datkiddeus/status/1091197716506574853

I don't even know what this is from but extreme lmao