Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Gunpla display should use a T-pose to assert dominance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

I'm deathly afraid of posting my collection as there's a real possibility that Taurus may come to my house and murder me for my crimes against gunpla posing.

If I come to your house i'm just going to stay there until everything is nicely posed. You can cook me a pizza as thanks. :v:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I like to look up photos of sentai teams to copy poses.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The slight tilt on the Gundam's head somehow makes it look like they're waiting for a bus or something. All you need is bus stop sign and you've made your very first diorama.

Just kidding, you need a third pla at an ATM, preferably one with ridiculous hands that could never reasonably operate it. Gunpla is freedom though so feel free to think of your own unlikely situation.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Speaking of posing, here's my Playskool Guard Frame all snapped together with a few friends:

Still needs a touchup on that forearm, plus panel lining and a top coat, but I'm happy with how it's looking so far!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh, are we posting poses? Here is my increasingly cramped shelf, which should have an RG Astray by the end of the week.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Speaking of posing, here's my Playskool Guard Frame all snapped together with a few friends:

Still needs a touchup on that forearm, plus panel lining and a top coat, but I'm happy with how it's looking so far!

I'm the Jegan going :hmmyes:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I wasn't sure what to think when I saw the digital mockup, but this looks really nice!
Are you planning on doing detailing for the vents in the front of the torso?

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

Am I doing posing right?

I mean, they're not that stable/posable but you get a lot more freedom of movement then I was actually expecting.

"Yeeeeeargh leg day!"
"Dude, your knees are buckling, are you gonna be able to hold this?"
"Just shut up, stop wiggling and keep your rear end out of my face"

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I just realized from looking at those pictures that the zaku amazing is not really based on the old hguc

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

everythingWasBees posted:

I wasn't sure what to think when I saw the digital mockup, but this looks really nice!
Are you planning on doing detailing for the vents in the front of the torso?

Thanks! And, uh, same. :v: Visual coherency wasn't exactly my aim, but I'm glad it gelled.

As for the detailing, I'm gonna give it a second look once I get home. Originally I was thinking simple = better for the whole toy vibe, but there might be room for something subtle. The chest does seem pretty barren.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ka0 posted:

I just realized from looking at those pictures that the zaku amazing is not really based on the old hguc

It's more of a cross between the old HGUC, the Zaku 2 F2 and parts unique to the Amazing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's more of a cross between the old HGUC, the Zaku 2 F2 and parts unique to the Amazing.

Kitwise, it's based on the High Mobility type, which got a completely new mold. No older Zakus reused.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Speaking of High Mobility, Zaku Amazing Rapid is definitely happening, I've got the parts.

Zaku Amazing Marine not yet, I need 2 extra builders parts for the marine boosters although I have another spare Zaku, but where are those shoulders and legs from?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kraven Moorhed posted:

drat dude that looks fresh as hell

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'm the Jegan going :hmmyes:

He knows blue visor boys have to stick together and he's trying to be as supportive as he can, but gosh darn it if he doesn't kind of agree with the others. :3:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Man, I really struggle with posing: need a guide to posing a full armour unicorn MG with all the accessories strapped on. (Except the sled which is being ridden by the training dummy/grunt side HG dude from build fighters)

I'm also pretty crap at doing walking poses, I've got a PG zaku and due to the butt stock on his gun, gun holding poses seem impossible

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

drat dude that looks fresh as hell

Thanks! :grin:

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I'm also pretty crap at doing walking poses, I've got a PG zaku and due to the butt stock on his gun, gun holding poses seem impossible

I had the same problem with my HG Zaku II -- the butt of the stock spread out way too far for it to be held in one hand. I ended up filing away the flared bits on the sides and bottom to make it more of an L shape (you can kinda see it in the picture above if you squint) so I could tuck it between the arm and torso. That did the trick for me.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ka0 posted:

Zaku Amazing Marine not yet, I need 2 extra builders parts for the marine boosters although I have another spare Zaku, but where are those shoulders and legs from?

I looked at the build log for it and apparently they're scratch built parts unfortunately.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/reviews/205931/
Though they're also apparently only on Zaku Amazing Light Armor so they're not technically part of Zaku Amazing Marine?

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 12, 2019

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

RillAkBea posted:

I looked at the build log for it and apparently they're scratch built parts unfortunately.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/reviews/205931/
Though they're also apparently only on Zaku Amazing Light Armor so they're not technically part of Zaku Amazing Marine?

Do you have links to other custom build logs? I have some hobby japan magazines but this stuff is highly infomative to me!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

we're getting a Dwadge

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ka0 posted:

Do you have links to other custom build logs? I have some hobby japan magazines but this stuff is highly infomative to me!

I just googled the last one, but here's all 4 parts:

Part 1(Down the page a bit)
Part 2
Part 3 (The one I already posted)
Part 4 (Mostly just paint stuff)

And here's the entire BF Amazing D-R archive
https://hobby.dengeki.com/gbfdr/

It's a mix of infodumps, reviews and build logs so you may need to dig through quite a bit to find stuff that looks useful.

:japan::10bux:Today in P-Bandai news:10bux::japan:

They dropped a whole bunch of AoZ stuff because they've suddenly decided that HG-AoZ is now a line, but like a PB only line. In actual new stuff they're putting out an HG Hrududu in both colors, so you can attach it to your ancient HGUC Hazel Custom or Advanced Hazel. They've also rereleased those as P-Bandai items too though with no actual changes to the model except the previously ABS runner is now the soft KPS. The actual selling point though is they include new waterslide decals as well as an extra runner of joint adapters for HG Woundwort so you can construct the TR-6 Gaplant II by sacrificing no less than 5 other kits. :eyepop:

Apparently you need:
HG Woundwort (PB)
HG Hazel II (PB)
HG Hazel Custom (PB Version)
HG Advanced Hazel (PB Version)
HG Hrairoo (Regular)
HG Gabthley (Regular)

Yikes Bandai, if you don't want us to build it, you can just tell us, you know? We won't be angry we just want you to be honest.

Also, 21 or so hours until Bandai stops being obtusely vague and actually announces the first Funporter item.
https://bandai-hobby.net/site/30minutes_missions/sp/index.html

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 13, 2019

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Hobby Star's MG Gundam Astrea F-Type is now in stock: http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/hobby-star-mg-Astraea-f-type-gundam-central-kit

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

RillAkBea posted:

I just googled the last one, but here's all 4 parts:

Part 1(Down the page a bit)
Part 2
Part 3 (The one I already posted)
Part 4 (Mostly just paint stuff)

And here's the entire BF Amazing D-R archive
https://hobby.dengeki.com/gbfdr/

It's a mix of infodumps, reviews and build logs so you may need to dig through quite a bit to find stuff that looks useful.

Thank youuu, I have enough data to attempt the Build Burning leg extension mod. Maybe try out on the God Gundam's stubby legs first.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Finally found enough time to finish my RG Banshee Norn, my first time building something more difficult than an HG and boy was it a challenge.

So many fiddly bits, the transformation is equally impressive and fragile. I'll get around to applying more of the stickers eventually but I'm pretty happy with the way it looks right now.

I'm gonna tackle an MG next. Maybe the Sinanju Stein (Ver. ka or Narrative?)

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The Funporter page added a brand introduction movie today and it looks like Funporter is just gonna be a giant umbrella for whatever the heck they want to make.

Their first product though is "30 Minutes Mission" which looks a lot like non Gundam branded Gunpla. I get the basic idea that it'll let them make some awesome new stuff and endless variations without having to pass it through Sunrise but it's also a little disappointing after the amount of hype they made for this new Funporter brand.

Relevant tweet dump:
https://twitter.com/HobbyJapan_MAG/status/1095927411756036097?s=19
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1095928759557836800?s=19
https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1095928271701561345?s=19

Also MG and RG announcements. MG Gundam NT-1 Ver. 2.0 (Noice) and finally a new RG announcement, Crossbone Gundam X-1 (Crossnoice Noiceguard!)
https://twitter.com/HobbyJapan_MAG/status/1095932330835755008?s=19

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 14, 2019

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Man, that crosbone is going to be a bitch to build with how small it is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

The Funporter page added a brand introduction movie today and it looks like Funporter is just gonna be a giant umbrella for whatever the heck they want to make.

Their first product though is "30 Minutes Mission" which looks a lot like non Gundam branded Gunpla. I get the basic idea that it'll let them make some awesome new stuff and endless variations without having to pass it through Sunrise but it's also a little disappointing after the amount of hype they made for this new Funporter brand.

Relevant tweet dump:
https://twitter.com/HobbyJapan_MAG/status/1095927411756036097?s=19
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1095928759557836800?s=19
https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1095928271701561345?s=19

Also MG and RG announcements. MG Gundam NT-1 Ver. 2.0 (Noice) and finally a new RG announcement, Crossbone Gundam X-1 (Crossnoice Noiceguard!)
https://twitter.com/HobbyJapan_MAG/status/1095932330835755008?s=19

Looks like the Bandai equivalent of Kotobukiya's Frame Arms line. The "30 Minute Mission" part is probably that you can finish building the whole thing in half an hour.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Bandai frame arms would be rad. They've already done a lot of the foundational stuff in the accessories with the BF and BD line.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

asterioth posted:

Man, that crosbone is going to be a bitch to build with how small it is.

I'd buy it for that cape alone, the crappy plastic ones on the HG were hilariously awful.

It'll be interesting to see how they choose to handle the chest emblem though. Are they going to try an insane inlay more like Sinanju or just cop out and go with a sticker? Heck, they might even just go figure-rise and give us a moulded emblem, which would be cool.
On closer inspection, I'm pretty sure it's a sticker.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looks like the Bandai equivalent of Kotobukiya's Frame Arms line. The "30 Minute Mission" part is probably that you can finish building the whole thing in half an hour.

For a 30 minute build I hope the price point is more SD than HG.

The tagline translates to "Fans of mass-production suits, stand up!"

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 14, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argas posted:

Bandai frame arms would be rad. They've already done a lot of the foundational stuff in the accessories with the BF and BD line.

Build Divers has done a pretty shoddy job overall pushing custom kits, given almost nobody got a new mobile suit for the second cour and some of the onscreen ones never actually got a kit at all.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RillAkBea posted:

Hell yeah, I picked a good time to get back into Gunpla.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Build Divers has done a pretty shoddy job overall pushing custom kits, given almost nobody got a new mobile suit for the second cour.

Well rip. I haven't touched the show, just following what's come out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argas posted:

Well rip. I haven't touched the show, just following what's come out.

Build Divers is cheaply made and the worst thing a show of its nature can be; Boring. Some of the kits (and the odd episode of the show) are good, there's just a real dearth of new ones rather than a regular output of fancy customized kits.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

For a 30 minute build I hope the price point is more SD than HG.

Sounds good to me.

Mass-production models have their pride too.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn I need that NT-1 2.0 so loving bad, and I still have the OG in my backlog. War in the Pocket doesn't get enough love.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The Funporter stuff looks okay, I'd like to build those and source parts from them perhaps. Are they releasing all those colours? I assume the top shell in the picture is to demonstrate making a colour scheme by combining two kits.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

A new line of nothing but IBO grunt suits in endless color variations is better than anything I could've hoped for

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

It'll be interesting to see how they choose to handle the chest emblem though. Are they going to try an insane inlay more like Sinanju or just cop out and go with a sticker? Heck, they might even just go figure-rise and give us a moulded emblem, which would be cool.
On closer inspection, I'm pretty sure it's a sticker.

If they went with a sticker that's laaaaaaaaaame.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mg nt-1 2.0 rules and maybe Bandai is finally going to start releasing more than 3 mg's a year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

Mg nt-1 2.0 rules and maybe Bandai is finally going to start releasing more than 3 mg's a year!

The other three will be P-Bandai. :v:

In other news, SN/Model Heart Wing Zero finally arrived, and holy gently caress the plate count is insane. I can't remember the last time I built a MG that had plates go all the way up to X.