Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
with how frequent its happening I suspect its even the same strain that just never got disinfected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
In my decade+ of combat sports I've gotten ringworm once (from letting my cat sleep on my head) and staph once (from not washing my boxing gloves). It should not be a common occurrence if your gym is doing what it should be in terms of cleanliness.

The best advice I can give is to wear a long-sleeved rashguard, spats, and shoes every time you train.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

At a minimum they should be cleaned before the morning classes, before the lunch classes, and before the night classes. Be better if someone did a quick mop job between every class. My gym has a couple of young guys who can’t afford to pay fees so in exchange they clean the gently caress out of everything. If they’re not around the coach does it.

This morning my coach mopped between two no-gi classes while the second class were jogging around the edges of the mat, using one of those flat mops that has a spray nozzle attached. They dry almost immediately.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I was chatting with one of the coaches there about ringworm and she told me that she has gotten it 8 times in the 6 years she has been training there and that didn't seem unusual to her.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Jerome Louis posted:

I was chatting with one of the coaches there about ringworm and she told me that she has gotten it 8 times in the 6 years she has been training there and that didn't seem unusual to her.

Well, that explains why no one is fixing it

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Jerome Louis posted:

:barf:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

*the black goo from Creepshow 2 shoots up out of a crack in the mats and eats a white belt*

Yeah, we get that every once and awhile

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jerome Louis posted:

She must have been a wrestler in high school.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Jerome Louis posted:

That's unacceptable as gently caress, dude. If you get ringworm more than 1x every other year that would probably still be too much.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

She must have been a wrestler in high school.

Haha Yeah wrestlers take cleanliness very lightly. We have had to ask the younger guys in our gym that were wrestlers to wash their gi!

Drewjitsu posted:

That's unacceptable as gently caress, dude. If you get ringworm more than 1x every other year that would probably still be too much.

That just means you're not taking a shower after class or washing your gi/rashguard/whatever.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Wow that’s gross. I wouldn’t put up with that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

God I spent so long today working on lapel grips my hand is too tired to open

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

God I spent so long today working on lapel grips my hand is too tired to open

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

quote:

Trying to get the underhook on the heaviest dude in class be like

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pretty much

Fortunately I know I got my judo grip game down because my elbow isnt killing me

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

whoa the reverse oil check

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

We had a series of ringworm outbreaks at my gym - we were already cleaning the mats daily, we added a weekly deeper mat cleaning cleaning, gave people info all the time on how to avoid it, got actual advice from an actual loving dermatologist, and it kept happening. Only the adults were getting it - not the kids.

It turned out that it was one person responsible. He had a big gross spot on his leg, just above his shorts, and was claiming it was eczema. Patient loving zero.

In my reading on ringworm I also discovered that it's possible to have it on the scalp, so if it keeps coming back in waves, start scruitinizing long-haired people who scratch their heads a lot. The other interesting thing from the research I was reading is that mats seem to be a worse vector than we often assume. One study found that greco guys get it almost exclusively on their upper bodies s - i.e. by far the primary ringworm transmission vector is person to person.

So yeah, if there is ringworm going around everywhere, look at people's skin, not at the mats.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I was talking to people during practice to figure out why our place is so gross. We share the mats with a lot of pro fighters and they will often have ringworm and have to keep training since that's how they make their living. So I'm going to propose we start cleaning the mats more often especially after the pro practices, even if it's just the members cleaning up real quick. I'd volunteer to do it for sure.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

lets go for the hat trick

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wangsbig posted:

lets go for the hat trick

That sucks, what did you order?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Periodic reminder that I'd pay good money for a long-sleeved rashguards and/or spats with REAP KNEES FOR SATAN and SAGK.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

CommonShore posted:

Periodic reminder that I'd pay good money for a long-sleeved rashguards and/or spats with REAP KNEES FOR SATAN and SAGK.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Drewjitsu posted:

That sucks, what did you order?

shorts both times. I've done a number on my existing ones. I'll just don the robes again in defeat, it's a sign

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

CommonShore posted:

:emptyquote:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

In all serious, Aussie number name guy, if you need some $$$ just to make that happen, I'll preorder poo poo from you including shipping cost and just trust that you'll eventually mail it to me. I want some new spats and rashguards but all of the poo poo I can find sucks. Even Yuns's buddy's optimal human poo poo has a stupid markup.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

I’m owed a couple of big amounts that are tied up in Accountant/Tax Hell and they’re taking their sweet time about it. As soon as I get those amounts, a bunch of rashguards will go into production.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

The latest they’re allowed to pay me is the end of this financial year so that’s the worst possible outcome.

I appreciate this! But it’s not necessary.

02-6611-0142-1 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 13, 2019

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I’m owed a couple of big amounts that are tied up in Accountant/Tax Hell and they’re taking their sweet time about it. As soon as I get those amounts, a bunch of rashguards will go into production.

yasssssss

I eagerly await the preorder links

E: what’s the fiscal year end date down under?

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

June :bang:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrxsLLggoA8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=8s9ny744p51c

What are you guys opinions on the two chokes from back control seatbelt in the video?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

SHOAH NUFF posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrxsLLggoA8/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=8s9ny744p51c

What are you guys opinions on the two chokes from back control seatbelt in the video?

The first one is my preferred exit attack from seatbelt. I get it pretty frequently. The second one? Idunno it looks like it could work I guess.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

They are going to peel that arm off on #2. #1 seems legit enough.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I tapped my first purple yesterday. He's really not very good; at this new gym I'm at most of the blue belts are better than me (I'm blue too) and several whites gives me troubles.

Even so, I made this a goal of mine a few months ago and am happy to have achieved it.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

CommonShore posted:

The first one is my preferred exit attack from seatbelt. I get it pretty frequently. The second one? Idunno it looks like it could work I guess.

Same, every time I lose back control on the "good side" I go right to that. Coincidentally also the only way I can actually settle in and get a tap from an arm triangle.

In gi I like to do an arm-in Ezekiel similar to the second technique.

ihop fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 14, 2019

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I feel like getting that rotation and depth is gonna be a lot easier said than done

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Count Roland posted:

I tapped my first purple yesterday. He's really not very good; at this new gym I'm at most of the blue belts are better than me (I'm blue too) and several whites gives me troubles.

Even so, I made this a goal of mine a few months ago and am happy to have achieved it.

i soon hope to be the purple belt ppl refer to as 'really not very good'

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 10, 2022

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So rude

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Are there standard ways to tap when my hands aren't free? Gurgling "tpsh, tpsh" before stamping my feet twice shows that I need to figure this out ahead of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
say the word tap loudly and repeatedly