Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Noo don't shove Senshi, he's delicate. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Being Marcille is suffering

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
this chapter is excellent

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Laius may be just a 'stupid fighter' but it's a whole different kind of stupid and it's wonderful.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
his alignment is Stupid Good

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

Laius may be just a 'stupid fighter' but it's a whole different kind of stupid and it's wonderful.

Laius is well versed in Monster lore. Sadly everythign else is kinda lacking.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
halfling marcille was the mvp of this chapter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Elf Johnny Depp Senshi

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

You know one thing I noticed on a reread is that Laius wants to punish the mad sorcerer and him apologize for his actions. Most people would be like murder the sorcerer and its a good look at what kind of person Laius is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Some claim Laius to be stupid, I would like to say he is in fact a genius.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, those mushrooms are amazing and you could probably build a whole new branch of entertainment industry out of them, so boo on the party for not letting Laius keep them.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Some claim Laius to be stupid, I would like to say he is in fact a genius.

It's a thin line between the two sometimes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Honestly, those mushrooms are amazing and you could probably build a whole new branch of entertainment industry out of them, so boo on the party for not letting Laius keep them.

It's all fun and games until a travelling adventurer kills your troupe because they all transformed into Orcs in the middle of town.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Gosh this manga rules

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wait wait. Hold on. I just thought of something.

Did they just find a resolution to the whole My-Sister-Is-A-Half-Dragon-Griffin-Monstrosity problem? Like, what if they get Farlyn to step in one of those circles? Would she possibly morph into something less dangerous, that they could restore her from?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Did they just find a resolution to the whole My-Sister-Is-A-Half-Dragon-Griffin-Monstrosity problem? Like, what if they get Farlyn to step in one of those circles? Would she possibly morph into something less dangerous, that they could restore her from?

I feel like she is under mind control or something and that switching her body to something else wouldn't change that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the mushrooms only change a creature slightly

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DrSunshine posted:

Laius also thought of that in the chapter that just came out

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
also she wouldn't be able to bathe

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
In theory, if you were to seed a sword scabbard with the spores, you could have a form changing sword every time you sheath it and pull it out. The only problem is if/when your blade shapeshifts into something that won't fit back inside the sheath. The alternative I guess would be having a piece of rope that has the spores on it and is tied in a loose loop so you can adjust the diameter as needed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I assume the spores would fall off over time, washing is just the quick way. Still seems like a fun toy for rich people. Maybe it can't live outside the dungeon or something.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

halfling marcille was the mvp of this chapter

I love that Laius and Chilchack were in complete sync on what to do there. :allears:

boredsatellite posted:

You know one thing I noticed on a reread is that Laius wants to punish the mad sorcerer and him apologize for his actions. Most people would be like murder the sorcerer and its a good look at what kind of person Laius is.

Yeah, he's such a swell guy. It's really interesting that we see Laius and his friends are all good people, but the chapter with the other party talking about them shows that they all have super sketchy reputations above ground.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

amigolupus posted:

I love that Laius and Chilchack were in complete sync on what to do there. :allears:

Yeah, he's such a swell guy. It's really interesting that we see Laius and his friends are all good people, but the chapter with the other party talking about them shows that they all have super sketchy reputations above ground.

Laius’ sketchy reputation is at least in part literally because he was too nice to sketchy people...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
laius is a good boy but he's just so weird. you can't expect random strangers to always look past all that weirdness.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RatHat posted:

I assume the spores would fall off over time, washing is just the quick way. Still seems like a fun toy for rich people. Maybe it can't live outside the dungeon or something.

they make you die if you don't wash them off it seems

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tetracube posted:

they make you die if you don't wash them off it seems

I interpreted that as just making them vulnerable to predation, due to isolation and presumably some measure of disorientation as well. There's real organisms with similar reproductive strategies, see toxoplasmosis

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tarezax posted:

I interpreted that as just making them vulnerable to predation, due to isolation and presumably some measure of disorientation as well. There's real organisms with similar reproductive strategies, see toxoplasmosis

that might be true if not for densuke sprouting a bunch of mushrooms later that day.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

i flunked out posted:

Laius’ sketchy reputation is at least in part literally because he was too nice to sketchy people...

Yep, that's true. We as the reader know that Laius is a good boy, but the other parties above ground don't know that and go by his reputation instead. There's also Marcille, who we know is a good person and researching magic that's forbidden by other elves because she feels cost-free magic could help the world. And when the other parties finds out she used that on Farlyn, they immediately assumed she's evil and wants her court-marshaled by the other elves. It's just really interesting how much Laius and friends thrive in the dungeon when they'd be treated as outcasts above ground.

Tarezax posted:

Yeah, the spores themselves aren't toxic, or else that would have been brought up.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

amigolupus posted:

Yeah, the spores themselves aren't toxic, or else that would have been brought up.

not a very good survival strat is it? the spores have to wait years for the animal to die and if it rains once during those times they get washed off

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Tetracube posted:

Laius also thought of that in the chapter that just came out

Look I was skimming the chapter pretty quickly at work, ok??

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that might be true if not for densuke sprouting a bunch of mushrooms later that day.

It's possible that the changelings turned one kind of growing, small-space-inhabiting monster into another.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Capcom, make a Dragon's Dogma sequel that's actually set in Dungeon Meshi instead. Thanks in advance.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
neeeeeewwwwww chapter!

edit: holy poo poo lol this page and especially that lower right panel

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 15, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Hey, Izumutsu is wearing her outfit from the One-shot now.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I came here to post that page, glad someone's on it already.

Same, cat girl, same.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

neeeeeewwwwww chapter!

edit: holy poo poo lol this page and especially that lower right panel

Wow, uh, didn't this actually just take a really really dark turn this chapter?? They're going to eat her!! My god!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Laius is such an idiot, I love it.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
If this is what does it, its gonna be a one piece arc ending, a feast with all the friends we made along the way

I’m curious with the glimpse of Chilhack’s family table on the first page. It looks very extended with some older folk included. How old was Chilhack compared to Laius?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!

Fellis posted:

If this is what does it, its gonna be a one piece arc ending, a feast with all the friends we made along the way

I’m curious with the glimpse of Chilhack’s family table on the first page. It looks very extended with some older folk included. How old was Chilhack compared to Laius?

Chilchack says he's about to turn 29 in chapter 13. I forget if Laius has ever given his age, but he's younger than Chilchack for sure since he reacts to that fact by showing deference.