Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Surprisingly hard to take a good picture of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

L0cke17 posted:

Yasssss. Now we're talking

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

:yeah:

I love this, belt mummies are da bess.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

L0cke17 posted:

Congrats

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

L0cke17 posted:

Got my blue belt today. Pretty surprised, I didn't think I was doing very well at all especially with the injuries I got back in September, but he said he thought me getting hurt made me develop a game not based around just being bigger and stronger than other people.

Congrats!

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Erberth Santos just committed career suicide:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuQKxEggXiE/

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

JaySB posted:

Erberth Santos just committed career suicide:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuQKxEggXiE/

so uh what's the story here

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This thread has some info:

https://twitter.com/GrapplingRewind/status/1099538314703618048

Apparently he was faking an injury at the end of the match to be dramatic, then someone in the crowd called him on it and he got up and rushed the dude and punched some random woman square in the head with a wild swing that missed its intended target.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Apparently he was faking an injury at the end of the match to be dramatic, then someone in the crowd called him on it and he got up and rushed the dude and punched some random woman square in the head with a wild swing that missed its intended target.

nice

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Someone said it was Filipe Pena's brother and his girlfriend

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

L0cke17 posted:

Mummy face

Congrats!

butros
Aug 2, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Full vid here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGx4fBm8ENQ

Tag yourself I'm the guy in the green shirt walking away in disgust at 3:35

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

butros posted:

Full vid here:

I'm the announcer whose tone of voice and level of excitement doesn't express surprise or concern when the injured competitor jumps up and runs into the crowd to assault someone.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Wait, was he faking the knee injury to try and get his opponent disqualified for reaping? Does this all come back to BJJ being stupid about leglocks?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Wait, was he faking the knee injury to try and get his opponent disqualified for reaping? Does this all come back to BJJ being stupid about leglocks?

Lol loving looks like it doesn't it. I had forgotten about that dumbass rule but that was the missing piece of the puzzle.

Hail satan

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

butros posted:

Full vid here:

I’m the guy in the suit standing in the middle of the mats shaking his head

Also, hail satan

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Reap knees, Hail Satan, I'm the dude in the red shirt.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

L0cke17 posted:

Living your best life. Congrats.

That dudes knee looked ok the MULTIPLE times he sprinted after people in that video, WTF? I always figured bjj events would be the last place for fights to break out since in all likelihood most people there know how to fight pretty well but BRAZIL!!

I ordered a reap knees for satin poo poo / patch and I wear a GI 95% of the time I roll.

Oh, and YUNS chat is a great idea, please record we can watch if we miss it live.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It's a known fact that the highest level practitioners are completely vulnerable to the slightest lateral knee pressure. It's just something they have never encountered.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ihop posted:

It's a known fact that the highest level practitioners are completely vulnerable to the slightest lateral knee pressure. It's just something they have never encountered.

Same with being slammed. Instant spinal injury.

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!

Yuns posted:

...would people be interested in having a voice chat/teleconference where I could answer BJJ questions for an hour or so...

Yes, please. Any opportunity to learn.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So I need to join a real gym and stop just rolling with people after striking and dicking around. There is an ATT, Valentine Bros, MMA Masters and the hq for Rilion Gracie who some quick googling looks legit and has excellent guard play.

I'm leaning toward Rilion but there is no striking its straight real BJJ but googling makes it look really really good....

Valentine bros have really shady reviews and they apparently have a weird belt system and dont compete it's all like self defense poo poo? Kind of turned off.

The ATT in coral gables is a satellite location but my buddy said it may just be a branded affiliate. No way to know how close they are to the HQ in Coral springs without actually doing the classes

Idk poo poo about MMA masters but they do wrestling, bjj, muy thai and boxing. Great mix, no idea if legit or branded bullshit.

My buddy from combat sports is moving and is considering the same dilemma. I dont mind not having striking but I do like boxing....

Any thoughts or experiences with those gyms thread?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I don't know anything about the Valente bros, but their website features a room of paunchy middle aged dudes standing in formation kicking and punching at the air, and they offer "life coaching." That's ten layers of alarm bells right there.

You're right about the ATT affilliate - their website is strangely vague. They list one good instructor but literally nobody else.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Waroduce posted:

So I need to join a real gym and stop just rolling with people after striking and dicking around. There is an ATT, Valentine Bros, MMA Masters and the hq for Rilion Gracie who some quick googling looks legit and has excellent guard play.

I'm leaning toward Rilion but there is no striking its straight real BJJ but googling makes it look really really good....

Valentine bros have really shady reviews and they apparently have a weird belt system and dont compete it's all like self defense poo poo? Kind of turned off.

The ATT in coral gables is a satellite location but my buddy said it may just be a branded affiliate. No way to know how close they are to the HQ in Coral springs without actually doing the classes

Idk poo poo about MMA masters but they do wrestling, bjj, muy thai and boxing. Great mix, no idea if legit or branded bullshit.

My buddy from combat sports is moving and is considering the same dilemma. I dont mind not having striking but I do like boxing....

Any thoughts or experiences with those gyms thread?

hi I'm in the area. rilion is a really small gym and way too expensive but Francis is a great coach and tbh it's pretty good instruction specifically bc it's small. I rolled with a few folks and outside of the black belts was not particularly impressed with the skill level. you could do worse. MMA Masters is in a warehouse and was so annoying to find the entrance to I left before trying it out. I train at fight sports now and am really enjoying it. I'd also recommend Daniel Pérez (Demian Maia affiliate) if you're further south

feel free to pm me if you need further deets

Wangsbig fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 24, 2019

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Is Fight Sports where Cyborg and Wagner Rocha are at? I'd probably go there

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

JaySB posted:

Is Fight Sports where Cyborg and Wagner Rocha are at? I'd probably go there

Wagner has his own place further north. Fight sports is Cyborgs gym

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Wangsbig posted:

Wagner has his own place further north. Fight sports is Cyborgs gym

Oh poo poo I might know you. Or you may have punched me or my boy in the face. I'll PM you when I get home later

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Well that escalated quickly.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Goon BEEFS!

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Waroduce posted:

Oh poo poo I might know you. Or you may have punched me or my boy in the face. I'll PM you when I get home later

oh HELL YES

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

I heard Erbeth Santos made a sex tape with a girl, sent the tape to his homies and someone leaked it or something and that was the real issue behind yesterday's little conflict.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

heeebrew posted:

I heard Erbeth Santos made a sex tape with a girl, sent the tape to his homies and someone leaked it or something and that was the real issue behind yesterday's little conflict.

Does he throw a fit when she wraps her legs around him too

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

heeebrew posted:

oh well in that case it sounds like he's a stand-up guy

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

oh well in that case it sounds like he's a stand-up guy

Nah, he's more of a grappler who has weak knees. :v:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Drewjitsu posted:

Nah, he's more of a grappler who has weak knees. :v:

:golfclap:

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Okay so what I am referring to happened two years ago... https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/5egplw/famous_bjj_champion_involved_in_sex_scandal/ not sure if this is connected after all.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That just screams cocaine to me.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

to be fair, who among us hasn't threatened to murder some lady because she knows which of our friends leaked our sex tape

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Does he throw a fit when she wraps her legs around him too

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

heeebrew posted:

Okay so what I am referring to happened two years ago... https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/5egplw/famous_bjj_champion_involved_in_sex_scandal/ not sure if this is connected after all.

Why isn't that guy in jail after two years of this.