Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Mr Hobby offers alternatives to the godhand, look for the MT-103 singled edge

At least now you don't have to wait half a year for them to restock or pay $50+ to some scalper on ebay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJFYCHfjXYc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

A buddy talked me into getting a metal build and I got the Crossbone, it seriously owns but I wish it came with some of the weapons the MG Fullcloth does. I appreciate the additional head with an eye patch.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

OscarDiggs posted:

Much as a Godhand looks amazing, buying one would officially mean I've spent more on a pair of cutters then I have on Gunpla kits by about... a tenner at least.

Give it a week.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

OscarDiggs posted:

Much as a Godhand looks amazing, buying one would officially mean I've spent more on a pair of cutters then I have on Gunpla kits by about... a tenner at least.

If you're lucky you can grab them for ~£12 when a new batch goes up for preorder. They're super good, but there's stuff that is 95% as good that are way easier to get for a reasonable price.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Trailer for the new toy line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kR98m-4Gjo

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Godhands are absolutely amazing, my sanding has gone down to like maybe a half assed ten seconds every few pieces

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
We all have to appear every time it is brought up but yes, Godhands are worth the money and are amazing. I thought it was a bit steep until I started using them. I basically have no nub marks and minimal sanding now.

On that note I finally finished my first totally painted (airbrush) kit the other day. I feel like I learned a lot and it is far from perfect but I am happy with how it turned out. Sans yellow parts on lance, I still am not too sure how to do fiddly curved masking like that. Panel lining feels a bit smudged too as I am still getting the hang of cleaning it with lighter fluid in a q-tip (it's the Tamiya enamel stuff).

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Another addition to P-Bandai's "Wait, why now?" collection, they're now finally releasing a version of Shenlong with the throwing sword from the manga.

https://p-bandai.jp/hobby/special-1000010030/

I'm wondering if they're gonna continue with this trend and bring out more of the extra equipment from the manga. Though really I'd have much preferred it if they released it in an expansion pack format.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000133693

I need this more than I need oxygen.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Are the transformingconverting VF-1 kits any good?

E: the quasi-recent bandai ones, I mean. I don't know if there's any others, cause apparently I'm so far out the loop on Macross poo poo I didn't know Bandai also had them in two separate toy lines until this afternoon

Phy fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 26, 2019

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Has anyone tried scratchbuilding the Leo's shoulder cannons. That seems like an innocent project to sink some time in.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Phy posted:

Are the transformingconverting VF-1 kits any good?

E: the quasi-recent bandai ones, I mean. I don't know if there's any others, cause apparently I'm so far out the loop on Macross poo poo I didn't know Bandai also had them in two separate toy lines until this afternoon

Yeah, I have the YF-31J in 35th anniversary colours and it's solid. Lots of stickers. I wouldn't want to change its form more than a few times just to be safe but it's not like it's a plastic hand grenade.

I completely missed you asking about the VF-1 specifically, no, I dunno what it's like but if it's from the same line as the YF-31J it should be decent

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Why can't I click on any P-Bandai link in this thread? Every time I do it sends me to a generic P-Bandai page that talks about international shipping.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

After you choose the shipping re-click the link. It's a stupid landing page that gets in the way of the actual link until you give them that information.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yeah i just click the Bandai log at the top and then browse.

It's just an international landing page redirecting to 3rd party shippers.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Any shops on Tokyo or Kyoto good for P-Bandai stuff or general model goodness.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Sazabi posted:

Like literally any model shop in Japan is filled to the brim with Gundam and other Bandai stuff. Also half of the department stores have at least HG kits all over the shelves.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Surugaya, Jungle, and Mandarake were my favorites when I visited. Akihabara Radio Kaikan is a great place to shop if you're in the area (you should be!).

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Bic Camera do an extra 5% off if you pay with Visa, on top of the 8% tax free if you show your passport.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

What are the chances the RG Mass Produced Z'Gok is ever sold again?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Injuryprone posted:

What are the chances the RG Mass Produced Z'Gok is ever sold again?

Somewhere between "perhaps someday" and "never"

The PB resale schedule is fairly random. Some kits get brought back for relevant events and related releases but they state very clearly on the website that they cannot guarantee any possibility of future resales.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I picked up the MG Jegan off the gamestop sale and drat, now that I've built it I love the color scheme.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Oh wow, MG Alex 2.0 is starting to look really good.

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3199/

New for this version, it's got Thunderbolt style joint covers, the chobham headgear from the BB Senshi design and both the shield and chobham armor has new opening gimmicks to use the arm gatlings. Also detailed inner frame for the drat chobham armor. Now that's an MG :swoon:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Sazabi posted:

The Gundam Base, dog

also if you have to go to akihabara go in the middle of the week because otherwise it's flooded with mainlanders (it'll be packed with mainlanders no matter what)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

mikeycp posted:

The Gundam Base, dog

You must make your pilgrimage to Mecca... er, Mecha-Mecca? Meccha?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
if you're lucky the exclusive kits they have when you go will be aight

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
HLJ's got a gunpla sale going, and they've got listings for a bunch of the new 30 Minute Mission kits and parts.

The models are the Alto (The Gundam) and the Portanova (the Zaku). There's a close-combat and sniping gear pack for the Alto, and the Portanova gets close-combat and "Special Squad" aquatic gear (each priced at about $4AUD). Both kit models come in three colours, as do the armor packs. There's also a modular weapon pack for each, similar to the System Weapon kits at an HG detail level and price. Those are about $6AUD, incidentally.

I like the idea of the 30 Minute Missions, but I can't help but feel they've already dropped the ball by making the armor packs model-specific instead of designing something more universal. It's gonna fall right down the rabbit hole to an unsold pile of accessory packs for a specific model because nobody liked it over the others like literally every toy line before it.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Fantastic news for the RE/100 Zaku II FZ!

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3203/

They've ditched the finnicky universal polycap system and are promising all KPS joints! If they continue with that it's really going to help a lot with RE/100's image.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Has anyone seen a US friendly source for the P-Bandai RG Banshee Armed Armor VN/BS Equipment kit? I can't seem to find it around my normal sources.

ETA: This should have been included with the RG kit, damnit.

Also, why don't more stores let you filter by Pre-order/In stock/Backorder/Out of Stock status? It's loving obnoxious going through pages worth of items you can't buy.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 27, 2019

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

Has anyone seen a US friendly source for the P-Bandai RG Banshee Armed Armor VN/BS Equipment kit? I can't seem to find it around my normal sources.

Check your PMs friend.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

ETA: This should have been included with the RG kit, damnit.

Also, why don't more stores let you filter by Pre-order/In stock/Backorder/Out of Stock status? It's loving obnoxious going through pages worth of items you can't buy.

These guys have been reliable for me. I've bought P-Bandai from them several times. Their shipping can be pricey, though.

https://www.bandaionline.com/rg-1-144-expansion-unit-armed-armor-vn-bs-plastic-model-jun-2019/

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

This looks awesome, making me want an airbrush.
Just finished this marshmellow man:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Midjack posted:

These guys have been reliable for me. I've bought P-Bandai from them several times. Their shipping can be pricey, though.

https://www.bandaionline.com/rg-1-144-expansion-unit-armed-armor-vn-bs-plastic-model-jun-2019/

Thank you for this.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Has anyone ever tried giving a Jegan better hip-leg articulation. I'm about to attempt something, is what I'm saying here.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Ka0 posted:

Has anyone ever tried giving a Jegan better hip-leg articulation. I'm about to attempt something, is what I'm saying here.

What in the world do you want to do to the Jegan, It's already got some of the best leg/hip articulation ive seen in a MG.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

No, not the MG. The HG.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Ka0 posted:

No, not the MG. The HG.

ohhhhh, that makes more sense

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The hips hold legs using a single ball polycap joint. Within the legs the polycap allows for some (minimal) swerve movement but that's it. I can create a pivot for the hip joint to swing around and allow better lateral movement, I just need an idea on how to go about replacing the "bottle" polycap which I don't have for the connection of the fulcrum.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ka0 posted:

The hips hold legs using a single ball polycap joint. Within the legs the polycap allows for some (minimal) swerve movement but that's it. I can create a pivot for the hip joint to swing around and allow better lateral movement, I just need an idea on how to go about replacing the "bottle" polycap which I don't have for the connection of the fulcrum.

The Jegan Blast Master from Build Divers has an updated joint. It's somewhere on this page

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/hgbd_blast.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

The Jegan Blast Master from Build Divers has an updated joint. It's somewhere on this page

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/hgbd_blast.html

The problem is you'll have to either use the Blast Master's hip joint, or saw off the balls on the Jegan's groin hip piece and replace them with the pegs from the Blast Master's.

Edit: I tell a lie; A quick look at the instructions for both kits on Dalong shows the hip joint should be perfectly interchangeable.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 28, 2019