Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Me and my friends used to watch this as teenagers as some kind of ironic self flagellation. It's very bad. The version I owned boasted that Billy Bob Thornton and Billy Zane were in it on the cover. I think they're in it for about thirty seconds in total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

This is a classic. I think I like it even more than the Martin poster. All of the horrible individual elements combine to make something perfect.

I had no idea Billy Bob was in this, I might need to actually watch it now.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hold up, I just read the Wikipedia synopsis and it says that Billy Zane plays motherfucking King Neptune???

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I think this movie is on the cusp of getting its due as the greatest film of all time

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Special Guest Bo Diddley!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Going Overboard deserves special recognition for being the last film Adam Sandler-starring film in which he was self-deprecating in an honest way.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Funny People isn't honest?
The movie is basically Apatow's plea for Sandler to stop being in Happy Madison type stuff, and even though it didn't work on him in real life, he probably got the point.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

AllisonByProxy posted:

Has anyone else seen these incredible Chinese Alita posters?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm the seagull.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
They left one name off.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Boosh! posted:

They left one name off.

I noticed that too. Weird.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Non-official Shazam poster from Bosslogic.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Boosh! posted:

They left one name off.

Why do you think she has her back turned to the others? She's clearly upset.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Captain America warmly embracing Rocket

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So the people who will come back to life aren't on the poster but also don't even get billed?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lobok posted:

So the people who will come back to life aren't on the poster but also don't even get billed?

Plot twist: they’re actually never coming back. BP2 is about Shuri and the entire Far From Home production was misdirection as part of the Endgame promotion.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Someone pointed out that Okoye on the poster is the same image from her Black Panther solo poster

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Plot twist: they’re actually never coming back. BP2 is about Shuri and the entire Far From Home production was misdirection as part of the Endgame promotion.

People say this about Far From Home, but I think it might end up taking place before Infinity War, it wouldn't be the first time they've moved back a few years in chronology.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It is.

:lol:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

poo poo, all the interesting characters got dusted.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Thor looking a totally different way from everyone else is really distracting

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/friend2pudding/status/1105915072654835713

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Only realized right now from looking at the poster that all of the original Avengers survived. Kinda weird but then again they might not all survive this movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cap and Iron Man are definitely either dying or retiring by the end of the movie, as their contracts are up and they've chosen not to renew them. Hemsworth is up in the air, as he's up on his contract but might wanna stick around. Ruffalo still has a couple movies left on his contract, Widow's got a movie coming up but that may be a prequel, and man who knows about Hawkeye.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Lobok posted:

Only realized right now from looking at the poster that all of the original Avengers survived. Kinda weird but then again they might not all survive this movie.

I feel like it's spelled out really thoroughly that either of those characters would be willing to sacrifice themselves to undo the snap, and the contract thing kinda cinches it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I sincerely hope they murder the original Avengers and opens up the gates to new/underused characters.
They've had their time.
Don't be like the comics where they all come back 20 minutes after dying.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Cage posted:

Thats terrible. I need more.

These are both clicky for huge. He looks like Adam Corolla in the 2nd one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure that's the same photo of his face.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Supercar Gautier posted:

I feel like it's spelled out really thoroughly that either of those characters would be willing to sacrifice themselves to undo the snap, and the contract thing kinda cinches it.

Also Sebastian Stan is on a nine-movie contract, and as post-credit scenes don't count to that he's still got four to go. I've been assuming since Winter Soldier that Bucky was going to pick up the shield after Steve Rogers carks it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1106278622539583488

Also they fixed it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Waffleman_ posted:

and man who knows about Hawkeye.
Who cares. Renner is a dickwad.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

No, Australian Chris, that way!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Who cares. Renner is a dickwad.

People are thinking the girl he's training in the trailer is Kate Bishop, who is a current Hawkeye in the comics and that'd be neat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Waffleman_ posted:

People are thinking the girl he's training in the trailer is Kate Bishop, who is a current Hawkeye in the comics and that'd be neat.

It's gonna be his daughter (about the right age in the timeline) and her death will spurr him to become Ronan Ronin.

In fact his whole family is gonna get snapped.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The whole goddamn MCU would be worth it if someone gets decapitated immediately after being unsnapped.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

The whole goddamn MCU would be worth it if someone gets decapitated immediately after being unsnapped.
Kind of like you won, but at what cost? Might work.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FilthyImp posted:

Kind of like you won, but at what cost? Might work.

Dollars to donuts whatever is used to finally undo the Snap kills the person who does it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cythereal posted:

Dollars to donuts whatever is used to finally undo the Snap kills the person who does it.
Yeah but heroic sacrifice is, like, understandable. There's a level of emotional processing that helps distance the loss because it's an act with inherent meaning.

Everyone celebrating after the long fight and, uh, Clint getting loving shanked by a half-dead Thanos because he's not letting you get away clean is shocking. It's snatching away the victory and tainting it with loss. It refutes the hope of the situation with the grim reminder of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Names or no names that is an incredibly boring poster.