Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Water777 posted:

pancakes house it is. maybe wyoming has pho.

Several pho places here in CO FWIW. Dunno about WY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was just thinking that. And good korean food here in the Springs, but that's a fixture of any mil town.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Coughed so hard that I tweaked my lower back. It's cool, I wasn't planning on going in to work today anyway.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vasudus posted:

Coughed so hard that I tweaked my lower back. It's cool, I wasn't planning on going in to work today anyway.

Oof, I pulled a muscle in my chest coughing a few weeks ago. That poo poo sucked.

re: Colorado, does Denver not have a good food scene?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I've always been pretty happy with the restaurants here along the front range, but I've also never lived in a large metropolitan city either so my palette may not be as refined.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I dropped my phone and I have a conference call in 14 minutes. It of course landed on its side and flipped about the maximum distance you could expect. I'm currently staring at it extending my hand and hoping to express latent telekinetic powers to get it back without trying to get up, walk over to it, bend over and get it, and walk back.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

do you have a mac or iPad and is it an iPhone?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

I dropped my phone and I have a conference call in 14 minutes. It of course landed on its side and flipped about the maximum distance you could expect. I'm currently staring at it extending my hand and hoping to express latent telekinetic powers to get it back without trying to get up, walk over to it, bend over and get it, and walk back.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Flying a 737 NG this weekend, and there is only one thing we say to death, “not today”

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I fell over when I bent to get my phone and took my conference call from the floor. I have since crawled back to my desk. I decided to risk it and had some of my emergency cold brew coffee in my fridge, so later on I get to play the game of trying to make it to the can on time.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
RE: Denver food chat. There are decent restaurants in Denver Metro, but nothing mind blowing, and you are gonna have to deal with some bullshit like wonky hours or long lines.
Yak and Yeti is passable Indian/Nepalese food, but they make a Chai milk stout this is mind blowing, worth stopping in for IMO.

Sam's No.3 is diner food, but done very well. Get something smothered with green chili and you will be happy

Uncle Ramen is supposed to be really good, but I've never been over there due to bullshit hours.

Oskar Blues has decent food and food beer, and I think they have a few locations now, so you don't have to go to Longmont to get it, although there are a bunch of breweries in Longmont worth hitting up if you are into that kind of thing.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I should also add that if you are gonna drive I-25 down from Montana, there are some pretty decent restaurants in Casper, and an ok steakhouse in Cheyenne.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Water777 posted:

Going down to (not armed forces) montana, idaho, wyoming, colorado, arizona to Tucon. Any good places to eat?

When you get to AZ, indulge in a Sonoran hot dog, they're great.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoran_hot_dog

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

DoktorLoken posted:

Oof, I pulled a muscle in my chest coughing a few weeks ago. That poo poo sucked.

re: Colorado, does Denver not have a good food scene?

To be fair, it's been 17 years since I've lived there, and 9 since I've been outside the airport. I'm probably forgetting a whole lot.

E: Like Domo, which I remembered immediately after posting this. I haven't really found "country Japanese" food anywhere else, and the bits I remember about the place are good.
EE: Way outside of Denver, but the restaurant in the Stanley hotel up in Estes Park was really good. Estes is probably worth the detour anyway, if for no other reason than the hotel was the one in The Shining.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

That's disgusting

Oh.

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 22, 2019

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Hey Vas, just work from the can, man. Or the tub, at least.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I can kinda walk around now at least. I'm hunched over like an old man but at least I can drink some water now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lay on the floor, knees up like you're gonna do situps. Also, you know those abdominal and groin muscles? Flex and hold, baby.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Into the Spider-Verse was wayyy better than I was expecting

Went in blind so had no idea what I was expecting, but yeah

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Into the Spider-Verse was wayyy better than I was expecting

Went in blind so had no idea what I was expecting, but yeah

I agree. The format complimented the story much much better than live action would have.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It was really the best comic book movie of last year. Infinity War is actually near the bottom of that category for last year. Everything else I saw was better in some way. Whatever DC put out was probably worse, but I didn't see any those.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I thought Infinity War was pretty meh. Worth a watch, though

Still haven’t seen Spider-Man homecoming

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

teen titans go to the movies was legit funny

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I put off spiderman homecoming for ages because meh, another spiderman reboot, whatever.

It's pretty good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I thought Infinity War was pretty meh. Worth a watch, though

Still haven’t seen Spider-Man homecoming

It was good and fun. Ol Aunt May rockin’ them pants and the bad guy is great.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Am I the only one that doesn’t like superhero movies or the genre?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Probate this fool for not liking Blade

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Syrian Lannister posted:

Other than X-Men or the Christopher Nolan Batman films I've never really got into them, although Deadpool 1/2 are awesome.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I grew up with the original Superman movies. SMDFTB

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I grew up with Christopher Reeves' Superman and Michael Keatons' Batman. poo poo ruled.

Brandon Routh was actually a pretty solid Superman. Had the generic look Reeves nailed down, I thought he did fine, but Returns overall was poo poo. The new serious superman movies are too serious and boring.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoran_hot_dog

you did it. check it out in a week.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I grew up with Christopher Reeves' Superman and Michael Keatons' Batman. poo poo ruled.

Brandon Routh was actually a pretty solid Superman. Had the generic look Reeves nailed down, I thought he did fine, but Returns overall was poo poo. The new serious superman movies are too serious and boring.

Needs more Darksied. Or a real deal Constantine. Injustice.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Syrian Lannister posted:

I love the first X-Men movie, because my dad took my brother and I out of school early to go see it. I was 11 and thought it was loving amazing. Then we stopped and got Adele's custard on the way home and it was the best day ever. :3:

Deadpool was funny as poo poo, and the first Avengers was great, but the rest...eh, don't really have a lot of enthusiasm.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

BigDave posted:

Deadpool was funny as poo poo

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Syrian Lannister posted:

I am not a fan of the genre either but my wife is into them so we sometimes go.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't particularly care about superhero movies specifically, but I watch a lot of movies so I'll almost always end up watching them sooner or later. They're a mixed bag like every other genre.

It probably helps that I don't really have any attachment to superhero stuff from being a kid. I was never really into the comics, and all I watched was Batman TAS / Superman TAS / Spider-Man / X-Men like most kids growing up in the mid-90s.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I should have started watching Brooklyn 99 years ago.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffyKY3Dj5ZE

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
What do you guys use for briefcases or backpacks? Mine is starting to fall apart and I'm looking for a replacement.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=timbuk2+messenger+bag&crid=16DY4MGU1N1R1&sprefix=timbuk2%2Caps%2C141&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i got one of these last year and love it

https://www.amazon.com/Fjallraven-Kanken-Laptop-Backpack-Everyday/dp/B07F7RXH5H