Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

I think the last sketch in The Girl in Lovers Lane is them getting some aggression out over the female lead's senseless death.

Its just such a crass way to end the film. Any other way of doing it would have been better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
How do you watch mst3k after 35 years and still get indignant they’re making fun of really bad movies

Where do you find these people

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also wasn't that the one they had to cut out the actual combat footage the director had added in

I don’t know how much they cut out, considering they left in the Hitler Building.

I definitely remember one of the writers being taken aback that they used real WWII air raid footage in the movie. I think that was in the episode guide that was on the Sci-Fi Channel’s site.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chokes McGee posted:

How do you watch mst3k after 35 years and still get indignant they’re making fun of really bad movies

Welcome to the internet. I see it's your first day, so we're going to start you a tour through 4Chan, give you this pamphlet of current popular memes (half of which are racist, sexist or homophobic and their fans will defend to the death as "ironic") to peruse to bring you up to speed, and then we're going to walk you into a secluded alley and break your shins to set the tone for the rest of your time online. Don't worry, it's only a warning so we'll let you keep your wallet. This time.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

muscles like this! posted:

Its just such a crass way to end the film. Any other way of doing it would have been better.

I remember the Episode Guide for that one is really angry about that film.

Also, I'm not Jack Elam anymore!!!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Bride of the monster was fantastic as well. “Now he has the strength of 20 heroin addicts!”

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Chokes McGee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5-jVQOCUg

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Where my Friday creepy Garfield?!

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

If you had never seen the show before and somebody said "they're making fun of really bad movies" and you saw that the MST3K: The Movie was This Island Earth, you could easily conclude that they might be making fun of movies that actually aren't bad in some cases and be turned off by that. It also doesn't help if you're familiar with any of the movies and discover that the MST3K version of the movies are often chopped up and made more nonsensical too.

I don't agree with these conclusions, but I can see where people get bad vibes from if they don't properly explore the show.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

InfiniteZero posted:

If you had never seen the show before and somebody said "they're making fun of really bad movies" and you saw that the MST3K: The Movie was This Island Earth, you could easily conclude that they might be making fun of movies that actually aren't bad in some cases and be turned off by that. It also doesn't help if you're familiar with any of the movies and discover that the MST3K version of the movies are often chopped up and made more nonsensical too.

I don't agree with these conclusions, but I can see where people get bad vibes from if they don't properly explore the show.

One can only imagine what they think if they look at RiffTrax and see them doing Jaws and Casablanca. Which also leads into people not being able to tell the difference between a rib and a roast.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's weird that, like, 3 of the classic films Netflix has up now have "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" riffs.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Call me a simple man but I love every “Hooker’s a good cop!”

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Re-watching slowly, am on season 3. The fast growing baby the Mads are raising is disturbing on many levels.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Watching City Limits and the Fantastic 185 and Super Dave Osborne riffs are so good. Also the Kim Cattral song!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Watching City Limits and the Fantastic 185 and Super Dave Osborne riffs are so good. Also the Kim Cattral song!

One of the greatest moments from my MST3K watching was the end of Labors of Hercules in the new series. They just start singing wordlessly during the credits and out of the theatre and the whole thing escalates more and more out of control until the Mads are doing it too.

It's just this perfect 90 seconds of absolute madness and I'm still not 100% sure where it's coming from. I think it's the chorus over the credits but the whole thing is so insane that I can't really tell.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chokes McGee posted:

One of the greatest moments from my MST3K watching was the end of Labors of Hercules in the new series. They just start singing wordlessly during the credits and out of the theatre and the whole thing escalates more and more out of control until the Mads are doing it too.

It's just this perfect 90 seconds of absolute madness and I'm still not 100% sure where it's coming from. I think it's the chorus over the credits but the whole thing is so insane that I can't really tell.

I've always liked the end-credits medley for Werewolf, myself.

...TUSK!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JoelGHodgson/status/1114524849907601408

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Buz doesn't get enough credit for his teleportation in Girl in Gold Boots.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

I wonder if Shis shtill shwings at that place on Shunshet.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
I'm having Critter's varmint!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Oh yeah, front page of the L.A. Times: "$40 Robbery, Nobody Hurt". :rolleyes:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So long odd acquaintance who inexplicably gave us rides in your dune buggy!

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

"Can you break a hundred?"
"I've never even seen one."
"Oh, well I'll have a thousand Hershey bars then, I guess."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Merry Christmas, everyone! Let's go to the Haunted House!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Everything I touch turns to flies!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
And Special Thank, to EAT!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I wonder if Shis shtill shwings at that place on Shunshet.

M Waverly how did you get an account

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

And Special Thank, to EAT!

Ah, the times we'd linger over brandy and cigars at EAT...

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
So passes the EAT phase of my life.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Merry Christmas, everyone! Let's go to the Haunted House!
Oh, Charles Manson walks the streets,
The Zodiac Killer's at large,
Charles Bukowski is pukin' out the window,
And Santa Claus is on his way!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I hope Mike finally acknowledged Crow as a sexual being.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

Chokes McGee posted:

M Waverly how did you get an account

Probably stole :10bux: from Jonah's debit card. He's really gotta keep a closer eye on them or they'll rob him blind.

[your signature is being processed. check the notification bar for updates]

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

"Oh, well I'll have a thousand Hershey bars then, I guess."

That's one of my favorite riffs.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Jet Jaguar posted:

You can say that a

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Moe_Rahn posted:

So passes the EAT phase of my life.

I wonder if EAT is owned by the same corporate masters as BAR (from Leech Woman).

Perhaps we could get DRINK and SANDWICH at BAR.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Powered Descent posted:

I wonder if EAT is owned by the same corporate masters as BAR (from Leech Woman).

Yeah! Now it's hot jazz murder music!

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
but count this money
and put my team on
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Powered Descent posted:

Want to go to CAFE and get COCKTAIL?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Beer Wine! Wine made from fresh beer!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Your limbs are slender, your eyes are blue
Your hair is blonde, your lips, the way they're red
Your skin, your fingers, your ears, your nose
Your touch, your feet....I am sad

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Ah, the times we'd linger over brandy and cigars at EAT...

This like and the about “his pants are gonna be Kreusened” really got me this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jet Jaguar posted:

This like and the about “his pants are gonna be Kreusened” really got me this time.

"Free Beer! LICK THE BIKE!"