Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Holy poo poo. How you feeling?

I never considered how much ibuprofen could gently caress up your stomach. How do you start the medical claims process? Do you need a diagnosis first? Can it be provided by an outside doctor or does it have to come from the VA?

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

That loving sucks, have you been working with anyone to try and redirect that anger or channel it in a positive fashion? I can imagine that focusing on concrete, tangible improvements and being able to demonstrate an upward trend over time might help with the physical aspect of self-improvement. If you can look back at a log and see how far you've come in a week, a month, a year, then that might help.

For me it's a lot more externalized anger and aggression that gets channeled in a much healthier way, coupled with those tangible improvements that you can track as numbers keep going up and you don't mind spending more time in front of a mirror. After a while you evolve this almost (healthy-ish) masochistic relationship with your body when you can utterly thrash yourself and bask in the glow of the realization that you know you're going to get that much better because of your efforts.

The depression saps my energy. The anger comes from abuse being the only tool I've ever had to cope with anything. The depression comes from holding in the anger for decades.

I'm getting therapy. I'm trying to get healthcare so I can get medically treated because I'm sure there's some damage I'm not going to be able to "muscle" my way through, just like getting stronger isn't going to bring back your ACL or something.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've been trying to get stomach pain figured out for years without any real results. Finally got some labs that might explain it. I destroyed my stomach lining and part of my small intestine with 2400mg motrin daily for almost 7 years. Gonna make a VA claim on this because it's finally a good explanation.

I also have skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma) and colon polyps that have to be removed every so often (doc recommended every 5 years) otherwise they'll turn cancerous.

Yeah but do you even lift

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've been trying to get stomach pain figured out for years without any real results. Finally got some labs that might explain it. I destroyed my stomach lining and part of my small intestine with 2400mg motrin daily for almost 7 years. Gonna make a VA claim on this because it's finally a good explanation.

I also have skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma) and colon polyps that have to be removed every so often (doc recommended every 5 years) otherwise they'll turn cancerous.

Yeah, no. You need to get these checked and biopsied every time you find a new one. Like EVERY TIME.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Burt posted:

Yeah, no. You need to get these checked and biopsied every time you find a new one. Like EVERY TIME.

Settle down, Francis. I’m waiting on the VA dermatologist to refer me to the VA plastic surgeon for biopsy because they’re 2.5 hours away but the plastic surgeon is local. I’m not messing around with it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

spacetoaster posted:

I started lifting seriously (as a main part of my workouts) many moons ago. The first thing I did was suck it up and pay the money to hire an actual trainer, who was in his 60's and had spent his life lifting.

The best money/8 weeks of my working out life.

I'm now in my 40's and I can't imagine being a person who doesn't lift heavy things as part of my routine.

Being strong is really good guys. Do it. You can absolutely do it forever, without destroying your body.

i never get tired of my brother helpfully warning me that i'll gently caress myself up weightlifting

he's now up to his 5th serious injury from playing squash, i have yet to have a single one

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
well thats better than cross "i destroyed my shoulders and my kidneys" fit

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Settle down, Francis. I’m waiting on the VA

:rip:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

well thats better than cross "i destroyed my shoulders and my kidneys" fit

Wait how does crossfit destroy kidneys

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LingcodKilla posted:

Picking up on teen mom pussy. You beast.

She's so fluffy.

If she's pregnant, it's early yet. A little bit of flub under there. Taking off work early tomorrow to take her to get scanned for a microchip and probably a full vet visit this weekend.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

So my twins each won a trophy at the Cub Scout pine wood derby.

Thank god. The bickering would have been unbearable. Shout out to pop-pops for doing 90%of the work.

Dog car got best in show. My son got 2nd place in his age group.

Nice. I remember you telling us about silly regulations that messed it up for your kids a while back.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

ElMaligno posted:

I told my gf if I'm marrying her im changing my name to a stereotypical step dad name. I came up with Gregg, any other suggestions?

Chet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

She's so fluffy.

If she's pregnant, it's early yet. A little bit of flub under there. Taking off work early tomorrow to take her to get scanned for a microchip and probably a full vet visit this weekend.

If she’s not very far along they may just abort and fix her. There’s enough unwanted kittens out there.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

I told my gf if I'm marrying her im changing my name to a stereotypical step dad name. I came up with Gregg, any other suggestions?

How the hell has no one suggested Jody

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Wait how does crossfit destroy kidneys

rhabdomyolysis was kinda a big thing for them at one point, i think people have gotten a little smarter now. basically people ignore their body screaming STOPPPP and keep jumping on tires for another hour until they start killing muscle. muscle tissue breakdown is ugly and hammers the kidneys and if not treated can severely gently caress you up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

If she’s not very far along they may just abort and fix her. There’s enough unwanted kittens out there.

Yeah, gonna leave that up to the vet if it's an issue.

She's super sweet. Just walks right up to Frank and headbutts him in the face. She found out she fits under the recliner and is napping down there for the moment. Neighbors gave me some food for her until I can get some purina pro-plan for her. Doesn't seem to care about cardboard boxes. Brown tiger stripe long hair. Feels like about 12 pounds. Beans will be a good name for her. Also doesn't seem the daredevil type, so far she's been wary of the porch edge.

Frank's happy as hell to have a cat around again.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Water777 posted:

Nice. I remember you telling us about silly regulations that messed it up for your kids a while back.

That’s right! The Girl Scouts wouldn’t let her race it because it too long. In the Boy Scouts there’s an open category that allows anyone to enter with anything that will fit on the track. I may enter a car next time to compete against the other dads.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Checking out poo poo from the patio. These two met 14 hours ago.

Pending a microchip scan, but happy to use a new litter box.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

A fine catto. Well done.

I lift to not be fat, and took up Muay Thai and boxing because I got tired of the injuries and concussions from rugby (I'm not fighting for boxing just learning how)

Throwing a switch kick and making the pad Holder take two steps back at 50% power is very satisfying and burns off all my anger.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Frank looks like a great pal. Border collie? Post more Frank

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank's mostly border collie, but about 80 pounds, and has retriever hips, so probably a mix with a lab or goldie a generation or two back.

He'a awesome. I couldn't have found a more perfect dog for my own personal insanity. He'll be 6 in august.

Squirrel talk

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 28, 2019

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Settle down, Francis. I’m waiting on the VA dermatologist to refer me to the VA plastic surgeon for biopsy because they’re 2.5 hours away but the plastic surgeon is local. I’m not messing around with it.

I had an old girlfriend who found out she had Gorlin's syndrome, which amongst having keratin growing in your jawbones meant she got BSC all the time. They had to biopsy every new one and they also had to keep trimming the existing and testing that as there is the constant risk of it being full blown cancers. It was loving horrible as almost all her's were on her scalp or face which meant by the time the last lot had healed up they were cutting away again.

I know your a big boy and all that but really don't underestimate these things.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Oh yeah, I didn’t gently caress around with it. It’s been on my face a little over two and a half weeks now. I was at the doctor’s office early last week to start the referral process. I need to get better about daily sunscreen and wearing hats more.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I just got an email from the rental agency I used to live in Georgia over 4 years ago, saying I owe "maintenance fees" which involve repainting the entire house, replacing air filters and light bulbs and poo poo, and a month rent for when I had already handed in the keys.

They also threatened to evict me if I don't make next month's rent.

I don't miss that entire garbage state.

I'm gonna ignore it and if they ding my credit report I'll dispute it, and if that doesn't work I'll get a local lawyer to take care of it. poo poo, I didn't even get my deposit back, they can go eat a dick.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Even if it was a legit debt how can they even take action that long after the fact? Also lol @ them charging for repainting. That's kind of normal wear and tear if you live in a rental for several years.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Traveling to NC to visit my mom and my wife got stopped by security because they can’t tell the difference between 20 granola bars and bad stuff. Full baggage search and pat down but the pat down was decidedly half-assed by a bored lady.

The pink back pack is possibly 75% snacks by weight for our two scamps.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

not caring here posted:

I just got an email from the rental agency I used to live in Georgia over 4 years ago, saying I owe "maintenance fees" which involve repainting the entire house, replacing air filters and light bulbs and poo poo, and a month rent for when I had already handed in the keys.

They also threatened to evict me if I don't make next month's rent.

I don't miss that entire garbage state.

I'm gonna ignore it and if they ding my credit report I'll dispute it, and if that doesn't work I'll get a local lawyer to take care of it. poo poo, I didn't even get my deposit back, they can go eat a dick.

Call and tell them you want to be evicted, preferably today.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BigDave posted:

Call and tell them you want to be evicted, preferably today.
Respond to everything they say with "Do it, pussy"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
These are solid ideas and I like them a lot but I'd like to be able to hand some documents to a lawyer if comes to that, that don't have "suck my dick from the back", "do it pussy" and "no balls" printed all over them.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

not caring here posted:

These are solid ideas and I like them a lot but I'd like to be able to hand some documents to a lawyer if comes to that, that don't have "suck my dick from the back", "do it pussy" and "no balls" printed all over them.

That's why you make copies, scrawl "you'll be able to suck the wrinkles out of my scrotum before I care about your congenitally imbecilic bullshit" on the copies, and send them, with originals left over for lawyers.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My old boss sent an email that only said "how would you like to work in sunny Hawaii?" I responded "sounds really interesting, what are the details?"

Haven't heard back for nearly 3 hours :f5:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
gently caress man. If I were single I think I could live with just being a Hawaiian meth head, the way my life has been.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, found Beans' owner today. Roommate of a person who said they weren't missing a cat last night. Her name ia Gypsy, she's up to date on everything and fixed, but a real oval office to the owner, apparently. Gave me zero problems. Took her home a few minutes ago.

Just gonna consider it a dry run for a shelter cat this weekend.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Welp, found Beans' owner today. Roommate of a person who said they weren't missing a cat last night. Her name ia Gypsy, she's up to date on everything and fixed, but a real oval office to the owner, apparently. Gave me zero problems. Took her home a few minutes ago.

Just gonna consider it a dry run for a shelter cat this weekend.

Grats on your new cat.

[Ask] me about adopting Hoke after a bad blind date :cripes:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Owner is a woman. Said the cat hates dogs, hates people, a complete bottle baby. Proved all that wrong over night. I'm convinced now that women should not have female cats alone. Either outnumber them with males or just get a male.

Helps that I'm a cat whisperer though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hell yea that’s a nice cat

Just booked tickets to Buenos Aires. Now all I have to do is survive till December.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Started moving out of the T.R.A.I.L.E.R. today. Go live is on Monday.

Which is April Fools.

This better not be a prank.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Going to Vegas on Sunday with my wife for a couple of days. Right now my plans are go see the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam, do the Star Wars VR thing, do other cool stuff that doesn't involve gambling. Any recommendations?

Wife wants to do a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon. Told her no way I'm stepping foot into a helicopter unless I absolutely have to.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

Going to Vegas on Sunday with my wife for a couple of days. Right now my plans are go see the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam, do the Star Wars VR thing, do other cool stuff that doesn't involve gambling. Any recommendations?

Wife wants to do a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon. Told her no way I'm stepping foot into a helicopter unless I absolutely have to.

Go eat at Ramen Sora and Lotus Thai.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

North Carolina allergies can eat my rear end. Haven’t sneezed this much since I left CA three years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Handsome Ralph posted:

National Atomic Testing Museum looks pretty cool: https://nationalatomictestingmuseum.org/about/about-the-museum/